House Price Crash Forum

Royal Wedding To Use Chinese China

HOLA441

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20110116/tuk-life-us-britain-royal-porcelain-fa6b408.html

A Chinese porcelain manufacturing company has won the order to make the official tableware to be used at the British royal wedding of Prince William and his fiancee Kate Middleton. Skip related content
Guangxi Sanhuan Group, based in Beiliu, a city in China's southern Guangxi province known locally for its ceramics and porcelain ware, said they came out tops over more than 500 companies bidding to produce royal wedding porcelain, fighting off stiff competition from manufacturers around the globe.

Funny, I feel a bit ashamed about this. Sickened actually. At the very least, we could have used summat made in t' potteries.

HOLA442

http://uk.news.yahoo...in-fa6b408.html

A Chinese porcelain manufacturing company has won the order to make the official tableware to be used at the British royal wedding of Prince William and his fiancee Kate Middleton. Skip related content
Guangxi Sanhuan Group, based in Beiliu, a city in China's southern Guangxi province known locally for its ceramics and porcelain ware, said they came out tops over more than 500 companies bidding to produce royal wedding porcelain, fighting off stiff competition from manufacturers around the globe.

Funny, I feel a bit ashamed about this. Sickened actually. At the very least, we could have used summat made in t' potteries.

why cant all the bidders make it?

is the Royal Family a Franchise?

HOLA443
HOLA444

Company officials said the products are divided into five categories including a dining plate, a coffee cup and saucer set, a commemorative mug and a souvenir plate. They will be either used at the wedding or given to wedding guests as souvenirs.

If only the old Woolies was still around. It would already be stocked to the gunnels with the stuff.

Edited by billybong

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20110116/tuk-life-us-britain-royal-porcelain-fa6b408.html

I am kind of pleased I dont really give a f_ck

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Can you still get real human bone China in China? I am sure a few dissidents gone missing would never notice.

HOLA4411

They could have gone for a UK company, ok it'll be abit more expensive but at least they would have supported uk workers, the way some uk citizens support the monarchy. Looks llike none at the top care about UK workers, its all about everyman for himself, and if they are going to get tax funding for the wedding then its an insult to us British.

Edited by crash2006

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

They could have gone for a UK company, ok it'll be abit more expensive

caught between a rock and a hard place

Royal Family and the wedding has to be seen to cost the taxpayer a minimum at this current time for political reasons.

Not their fault that the UK is no competitve at the moment.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

They could have gone for a UK company, ok it'll be abit more expensive but at least they would have supported uk workers, they way some uk citizens support the monarchy. Looks llike non at teh top care about UK workers its all out everyman for himself, and if they are going to get tax funding for the wedding then its an insult to teh British.

I imagine Stoke probably doesn't have the scale of production any more to be able to cope with the quantities required.

Given that the market for this tattle will be quite big, they won't want to screw up their one chance by producing something that no-one's prepared to pay for.

I expect there will be some "Luxury" made in England plates offered along side them at 10 times the price. Just very few people will buy them.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Well this really sums up what is wrong with globalisation, don't know if this was in anyway intended by the Royal couple but they managed it all the same.

Any tax payers money should only be spent on products made in the UK or in a country that follows the same human rights and has a comparable level of welfare rights.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I imagine Stoke probably doesn't have the scale of production any more to be able to cope with the quantities required.

Given that the market for this tattle will be quite big, they won't want to screw up their one chance by producing something that no-one's prepared to pay for.

I expect there will be some "Luxury" made in England plates offered along side them at 10 times the price. Just very few people will buy them.

Then dont expect tax payer to fund it, she has billions let the queen pay for the whole cost, they going to make alot of wealth from media rights.

Edited by crash2006

HOLA4424

Then dont expect tax payer to fund it, she has billions let the queen pay for the whole cost, they going to make alot of wealth from media rights.

Eh?

As far as I can tell the wedding itself is being paid for in full between Kate and William's families. Linky and Linky

As for the plates.. if the tax payer is paying for them, presumably the tax payer is also making the money from them as well? I don't see the issue :unsure:

HOLA4425