House Price Crash Forum

Tent Cities In The Uk

HOLA441

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/8443603.People_forced_to_live_in_tents_in_Sussex/

Things must be pretty crap in Poland if they'd rather live in a tent in the UK than go home. Nu Labour's social engineering experiement is really going to blow up in everyone's face as the economy shrinks and the public sector sheds millions (including the pseudo public sector/private contractors). Yesterday we hear that over 50% of Muslims in this country are on the dole...as benefits are cut for those from the traditional white working class who have a sense of entitlement to an 'average wage' for doing feck all, I think things will turn ugly as the different groups turn on each other.

HOLA442

......as benefits are cut for those from the traditional white working class who have a sense of entitlement to an 'average wage' for doing feck all, I think things will turn ugly as the different groups turn on each other.

After being gang raped by local landlords (a group who are actually paid for doing 'feck all') and the government, a typical working class person would consider himself lucky to have much, if anything, left at all

Edited by Stars

HOLA443
HOLA444

They has this in Lincolnshire almost a couple of years ago....

February 20, 2009, 07:30

Out of work Poles forced to live in tents

It was the same in Peter-borough where out of work E.E.'s were breaking into garden sheds and taking them over!

Lincoln - Charity Catch 22 eh? :rolleyes:

HOLA445

It is a bit of a stretch to lay the blame for all this at Labour's door.

Freedom of movement within Europe is an EU issue. When you join a club you have to obey the rules. If the UK should withdraw from Europe, ther will be pros and cons.

Tent cities were a feature of Thatcher's Britain, all along London's Embankment.

The economic conditions were this time round, caused by the Credit Crunch and the bank's incompetence.

Fortunately, our Government's wise investment in saving the banking sector meant that we avoided a catastrophic crash in the economy.

HOLA446

Freedom of movement within Europe is an EU issue. When you join a club you have to obey the rules. If the UK should withdraw from Europe, ther will be pros and cons.

Tent cities were a feature of Thatcher's Britain, all along London's Embankment.

The economic conditions were this time round, caused by the Credit Crunch and the bank's incompetence.

Fortunately, our Government's wise investment in saving the banking sector meant that we avoided a catastrophic crash in the economy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH sh1_t the bed, that's funny.

HOLA447

It is totally reasonable to blame the immigration policy at Labour's door.

Not long ago the Government was advised in black and white that their estimate of the number of eastern Europeans likely to come was not 30,000 pa or 100,000 pa but millions. Those saying this were accused of everything from racism to anything that came into their pea brained moronic brains.

As an aside a colleague tells me Birmingham City Council has now shut their doors in providing any form of additional benefits i.e. housing to newly arrived Somalis following a real budget cut of 60%. About time too, and long overdue imo

These cutbacks are really going to hurt and there will be much collateral damage to good decent law abiding families.

Don't wish for something you wouldn't wish upon yourself

HOLA448

......the Germans and French put up restrictions on the waves of new Europeans ....under Labour we did not..... :rolleyes:

....it was like that in the '60s under Labour ....Wilson and Callaghan.... :rolleyes:

HOLA449

I nearly chocked to death laughing at this, warn me next time. :D

HOLA4410

The thing is, Poland is a lovely country, I have driven the length and breadth of it, I could understand a Pole coming here when they could earn seven times as much here as they could in Poland, I cannot imagine why they would stay here now if they have to live in a tent.

Perhaps unemployed Poles have become so ingrained with British Values that they dream of trading up from a two-man-tent to a three-man-tent. ;)

HOLA4411

Well the French don't obey the rules. Admittedly wrists slapped for deporting Romani Gypo's a few weeks ago, but on balance I'd say they got away with it.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

The UK, the Irish Republic, and Sweden were the only EU member states that allowed A8 citizens unrestricted access to their labour markets.

Yep, Nushysters decided to cut the legs from under their own population.

Still, come 2011, much of the rest of Europe may be a more attractive proposition.

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2006_03_22/europe/germany_holds_off_immigrants.htm

Terms however of the European commission state that the 15 oldest members of the EU can restrict immigrant workers from Central Europe entering its labour force till April 30, 2011.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

The thing is, Poland is a lovely country, I have driven the length and breadth of it, I could understand a Pole coming here when they could earn seven times as much here as they could in Poland, I cannot imagine why they would stay here now if they have to live in a tent.

Perhaps unemployed Poles have become so ingrained with British Values that they dream of trading up from a two-man-tent to a three-man-tent. ;)

:lol::lol:

They should never have screened Carry on Camping in Warsaw.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

A8 nationals get a really raw deal, they must work for a year in total before being eligible for benefits/housing, unlike other immigrants eve though they are from the EEA. They report higher amounts of racial harassment and loss of accommodation. They make up 1% of the immigrant population and 7% of the immigrant population working.

I'd rather they got council houses to share 6 to a room than share 6 to a room in poor quality rented property, often above the market rate, opposed to the workshy immigrants who don't work nor learn the lingo. These people get a very raw deal indeed

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

BBC London News 10-25pm.

There are hundreds of EU immigrants starving in London living on the streets awaiting catering establishments to throw out the unsold sandwiches. As soon as they are put outside the premises in green bags they were grabbed. Many of them are begging on the streets.

The wonder of the EU`s free movement of labour without controls for EU citizens. No money, no work, so no fare to get home, but could be waiting to be eligible for benefits. ;)

...I saw it ....under the arches....hundreds of people bedding down for the night.... :rolleyes:

Awaiting the Harrod`s Sale?

HOLA4422
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2006_03_22/europe/germany_holds_off_immigrants.htm

Terms however of the European commission state that the 15 oldest members of the EU can restrict immigrant workers from Central Europe entering its labour force till April 30, 2011.

I think we may have found our black swan trigger for the breakup of the EU...

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/8443603.People_forced_to_live_in_tents_in_Sussex/

Things must be pretty crap in Poland if they'd rather live in a tent in the UK than go home. Nu Labour's social engineering experiement is really going to blow up in everyone's face as the economy shrinks and the public sector sheds millions (including the pseudo public sector/private contractors). Yesterday we hear that over 50% of Muslims in this country are on the dole...as benefits are cut for those from the traditional white working class who have a sense of entitlement to an 'average wage' for doing feck all, I think things will turn ugly as the different groups turn on each other.

Forced to live in tents my they are not , they could go back home if they wanted.

HOLA4425

Forced to live in tents my they are not , they could go back home if they wanted.

They tried the free trip home option on the Lincoln Tent Poles to...

blank.gif Monday, March 09, 2009, 07:30

Poles turn down free trip home

and again in 2010

Monday, February 08, 2010, 06:30

Migrant workers offered free flights home

Migrant workers who become homeless will be offered free flights home in a Government-funded scheme being trialled in Lincolnshire.The £150,000 National Reconnection Service aims to halt the rise of shanty towns that have sprung up in rural areas after jobs for foreign workers dried up in the recession.

It is said cheap one-way flights to Eastern Europe would cost the taxpayer less than if a migrant worker becomes ill or ends up in court.