House Price Crash Forum

Ed Milliband Is The New Labour Leader

Pauly_Boy

HOLA441

I don't get how they could add up percentages! Out of all the them I prefered Andy Burnham, but it's like choosing the hottest bird at a weight watchers class!

Lets just hope that the public don't fall for the labour spin and they don't get back in again, at least David Milliband didn't win, he's a smug little git!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I doubt Cameron could have hoped for a better result (except balls maybe). That Milliband won because the unions outvoted the members and the MPs gives him plenty to play with.

Every losing party always blows it; looks like Labour is no exception.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

David should've stuck the knife in Gordon Brown the day James Purnell quit. Missed his chance!

Good point. I'd forgotten about all that. I remember Portillo saying that he realised he would never be leader of the Conservatives after he bottled the leadership challenge. He highlighted the fact that David Miliband had bottled his chance twice. Mind you, David Miliband didn't want to lead his party into electoral defeat. He's left that task to his kid brother.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Good point. I'd forgotten about all that. I remember Portillo saying that he realised he would never be leader of the Conservatives after he bottled the leadership challenge. He highlighted the fact that David Miliband had bottled his chance twice. Mind you, David Miliband didn't want to lead his party into electoral defeat. He's left that task to his kid brother.

Yep, here is a clip of that night when Brown was in serious trouble. David Miliband was the pivotal player that night. Boy he must be kicking himself now!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I doubt Cameron could have hoped for a better result (except balls maybe). That Milliband won because the unions outvoted the members and the MPs gives him plenty to play with.

Every losing party always blows it; looks like Labour is no exception.

Yeah, but labour never votes out leaders, they let them hang on and go of their own accord. ie Kinnock losing two elections.

The tories, on the other hand cant wait to replace their leaders.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I'd be tempted to vote for him in the hope he'll rape the rich and we'll all burn together.

:)

if it happens im sure the rich who are left will get a right bending over, of course the one thing about this recovery/bounce/whatever, its given the brain dead wealthy who didnt even see it coming a second opportunity to get their financial affairs in order

HOLA4421

Yeah, but labour never votes out leaders, they let them hang on and go of their own accord. ie Kinnock losing two elections.

That always seemed to me to be a bit of an oddity. Normally if one of the leaders of the two main parties loses a General Election, they tend to fall on their own sword (as it were).

Imagine Ed Balls as prime minister. It actually makes me shudder.

Harriet Harman as PM would leave me wanting to emigrate.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

well thats the first hurdle cleared for the uk to have a hard left govt within 3 years, just need the currency crisis and the associated interest rates within the next couple of years and its job done.

id start getting the flight booked early bogbrush, youll want to beat the capital controls

I'm buying overseas as it is. All I'd need is the plane tickets, or failing that the boat and disguise.

But there's no chance of such a government; all they've done is what it seems every party does when it loses, and convulsive into an unelectable form.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived