House Price Crash Forum

Deluded Old Scrapper Birds On Dating Sites

HOLA441
  • Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Women are born liars as they dont have the physical attributes to defend themselves in confrontational situations.

Thats an interesting thought. On a similar note would smaller more weedy blokes be more likely to lie as well then ?

If anyone wants to know how mental birds are and what their idea of what they deserve is - you should try and watch ITV's take me out. It is like a live social experiment. Amazing to watch. Basically some bloke stands up there and 30 birds who are, self confessed, pretty desperate for a date and a lots of them not exactly oil paintings, press a buzzer at any point during his 'sales pitch' if they are not interested anymore.

This starts from him walking in saying who he is and where he is from. Nothnig else. Then they get a wee snap shoot of his life and what he likes to do. Then they get something like a group of mates to tell little secrets/embarressing stories about him to camera. Sometimes they also get to showcase a talent they have to impress the birds. Anything goes. At any point any one of these 30 birds can say 'I am out ' by pressing their button. I have watched it a few times and a few of the more memorable buzzers are below.

(1) Tall good looking bloke played basketball. Did a few moves in his gear to impress the birds. No buzzers off. All the birds very impressed not just by his moves but clearly by his looks in his sports gear. They have a basket a fair bit away. He is about to fire it into the basket when the presenter tells him to go back a bit to make it harder.Bloke then makes his one and only live attempt from s serious distance away. Unlucky as it bounces off the rim and spins away. Good effort though. About 5 birds instantly push their buzzers. :blink: . Now this was the final bit of his sales pitch. Who he was, where he came from , what he did, what he liked etc.. All been and gone and these birds were still interested. Missed this very difficult shot though ? Nah - this very good looking tall sporty bloke was suddenly not for them. Anyone able to explain ?!

(2) Another sporty good looking bloke. Going very well. Most of his pitch done. Then get some of his cheeky mates to do a wee screen shot of his 'secret' . He has small feet for his size. 6-7 and he is over 6ft. His pals talk about this for about 30 seconds and during this time about 10 birds push their buzzers ?! Now those feet are fairly small but he is not exactly in the freak category.

(3) Same bloke as above. Had his family and friends talking about him. Brother says they used to fight all the time but now they have got older they are friends. He now regards his brother as a good mate. Instantly one of the birds switches her buzzer off ?! WTF ?!

Honestly - you should watch it. Fascinating study of female behaviour. I am sure they will use this series in psychology classes in future for actual studies. Think it gets repeated on ITV2 quite a lot.

HOLA444

I have seen that a few times. One that amazed me was a sporty bloke. Fit and active, no buzzers on his appearance. When he talked about himself he said something about not eating any bread or carbs and all but about 4 women hit their buzzers.

I guess women like to be the ones on diets and dont have space for anyone else that is high maint :lol:

HOLA445

(1) Tall good looking bloke played basketball. Did a few moves in his gear to impress the birds. No buzzers off. All the birds very impressed not just by his moves but clearly by his looks in his sports gear. They have a basket a fair bit away. He is about to fire it into the basket when the presenter tells him to go back a bit to make it harder.Bloke then makes his one and only live attempt from s serious distance away. Unlucky as it bounces off the rim and spins away. Good effort though. About 5 birds instantly push their buzzers. :blink: . Now this was the final bit of his sales pitch. Who he was, where he came from , what he did, what he liked etc.. All been and gone and these birds were still interested. Missed this very difficult shot though ? Nah - this very good looking tall sporty bloke was suddenly not for them. Anyone able to explain ?!

Yes, they're fecking morons.

HOLA446

(2) Another sporty good looking bloke. Going very well. Most of his pitch done. Then get some of his cheeky mates to do a wee screen shot of his 'secret' . He has small feet for his size. 6-7 and he is over 6ft. His pals talk about this for about 30 seconds and during this time about 10 birds push their buzzers ?! Now those feet are fairly small but he is not exactly in the freak category.

The urban legend is that feet and hand size being disproportionate to body size reflects size of male member. So small feet, big body would imply hung like a dormouse hence the buzzers.

HOLA447

The urban legend is that feet and hand size being disproportionate to body size reflects size of male member. So small feet, big body would imply hung like a dormouse hence the buzzers.

People don't actually believe that though surely? I'm tall with large hands and feet but have a small *****.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Do you find that when buying new shoes that you have to go up half a size even though you are an adult?

I only ask because that was a how a friend of mine discovered he had acromegaly. And when we thought about it, he had large hands, head and feet.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Acromegaly

I believe this is hidden inflation as shoe sizes are now being made smaller to save material.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Do you find that when buying new shoes that you have to go up half a size even though you are an adult?

I only ask because that was a how a friend of mine discovered he had acromegaly. And when we thought about it, he had large hands, head and feet.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Acromegaly

No, I don't have freakishly large hands or feet just in proportion to my height.

HOLA4412

I have seen that a few times. One that amazed me was a sporty bloke. Fit and active, no buzzers on his appearance. When he talked about himself he said something about not eating any bread or carbs and all but about 4 women hit their buzzers.

I guess women like to be the ones on diets and dont have space for anyone else that is high maint :lol:

I was thinking perhaps it was more for self protection ? If they leave their buzzer on and it is a really fit bloke - they are likely to be left in a group of birds and only one will look good by being chosen. By removing themself from this potential choice - they also remove themself from the potential 'shame' ?

Maybe not - but that is what I reckon after a wee bit of thought on the subject. I really don't think these birds are that stupid to turn down some hot bloke coz of the ridiculous reasons they give on camera.

Yes, they're fecking morons.

Well yes I think perhaps a few are. However they cannot all be that dim.

Quite possibly (no one has studied it) but short blokes are more jealous http://www.news-medi...3/13/36247.aspx as are short women but women focus more on other women as they seem to be ultra competative. If going into a night club always go in being seen with a munta and you'll walk out with a nice looking lass. ;-)

WRT the above I would say women are gregarious becuase of their insecurity, they need to conform to a degree as we see throughout life from wanting an overpriced house, to a 4x4 for the school run, clothes from places like Reiss & Kate Middleton, Katie Price fans etc etc etc. They also look for popularity in their man, lets face it noone wants a bloke who aint popular so this would explain some of their actions above, like the point about brothers fighting and now mates as older, but they also dont like people who cant perform under pressure and are quick to stick their own stilletto in when someone is down like the basketball challenge.

You can see this behaviour mirrored throughout life but most easily quantifiable by looking at the comments posted by men and women on different stories, for women its called bitchyness imo. :)

See my thoughts above. This is along the lines of what I was thinking. They actively choose to take themselves out of the potential final choice - because they know if it is a hot bloke the chances are - they will probably lose. They would rather be seen as picky and a bit mental - than unwanted.

Not sure about this one. Whenever blokes are in communal showers (They always seem designed this way for us blokes why is that ?!) you cannot help but notice the rather large number of seriously wee blokes with huge wangers !!

Maybe it is nature dishing out a bit of well deserved karma due to their lack of height. :D

HOLA4413

I was thinking perhaps it was more for self protection ? If they leave their buzzer on and it is a really fit bloke - they are likely to be left in a group of birds and only one will look good by being chosen. By removing themself from this potential choice - they also remove themself from the potential 'shame' ?

Maybe not - but that is what I reckon after a wee bit of thought on the subject. I really don't think these birds are that stupid to turn down some hot bloke coz of the ridiculous reasons they give on camera.

Well yes I think perhaps a few are. However they cannot all be that dim.

See my thoughts above. This is along the lines of what I was thinking. They actively choose to take themselves out of the potential final choice - because they know if it is a hot bloke the chances are - they will probably lose. They would rather be seen as picky and a bit mental - than unwanted.

Not sure about this one. Whenever blokes are in communal showers (They always seem designed this way for us blokes why is that ?!) you cannot help but notice the rather large number of seriously wee blokes with huge wangers !!

Maybe it is nature dishing out a bit of well deserved karma due to their lack of height. :D

I think its also people who talk a lot that can also be insecure...they talk at you, asking for advice..they like to be reassured that they are making the right decision...

HOLA4414

I think its also people who talk a lot that can also be insecure...they talk at you, asking for advice..they like to be reassured that they are making the right decision...

Aye that is def true IMO. However on this show the individuals are re-assuring themselves with their actions.

It is a must watch. It really is.

And to be fair it can be fairly entertaining as well. Education and entertainment in one fell swoop. Bonus.

• 1 month later...
HOLA4415

I have not looked on dating sites for a few months... logged on to that plentyoffish site today and I am amazed how many very attractive women in their mid 30s to mid 40s there are in the Bath to Bristol areas.

Judging by their profile pics - immaculately groomed hair and make-up plus pretty stylish looking clothing - these are ladies used to some serious cash.

So I had a quick browse of the profiles and all of them are divorced with several stating 'recently divorced' or 'divorce just came through'.

Having been watching dating sites for a few years I have to say that there is a noticeable upturn, with all respect to the ladies already on then, in the numbers of pretty smart and very attractive looking women.

I only mention this as I wonder whether this is, in itself, an economic indicator?

HOLA4416

I'm on plenty of fish - what i want to do is actually meet people on there. I get next to no messages myself, and the ones i do get are of people i'm not attracted to.

I send women messages, try and ask them questions about what they do/said in their profile - i'd say 50% get deleted unread, 50% left un-replied to, and most of the rest one or the other lose interest after a message or two.

No f*cking idea what mountains i have to climb just to get to the stage of 'lets go for a drink, and no worries if we don't hit it off'. I'm not a sex pest, not ridiculously bad looking, and generally can spell most words correctly given half an attempt. My pet hate on the site is everyone wanting 'banter' - how the flying fark are you supposed to banter with someone you don't know?

Personally beginning to think either i'm sending off massive avoid signals and don't know it, or a lot of people on there have unrealistic expectations. Tried e-harmony, but none of the matches really fit me, and got the feeling they were more after the subscription fee than any sort of match. Think i'll stick to the free sites from now on :/

HOLA4417

I'm on plenty of fish - what i want to do is actually meet people on there. I get next to no messages myself, and the ones i do get are of people i'm not attracted to.

I send women messages, try and ask them questions about what they do/said in their profile - i'd say 50% get deleted unread, 50% left un-replied to, and most of the rest one or the other lose interest after a message or two.

No f*cking idea what mountains i have to climb just to get to the stage of 'lets go for a drink, and no worries if we don't hit it off'. I'm not a sex pest, not ridiculously bad looking, and generally can spell most words correctly given half an attempt. My pet hate on the site is everyone wanting 'banter' - how the flying fark are you supposed to banter with someone you don't know?

Personally beginning to think either i'm sending off massive avoid signals and don't know it, or a lot of people on there have unrealistic expectations. Tried e-harmony, but none of the matches really fit me, and got the feeling they were more after the subscription fee than any sort of match. Think i'll stick to the free sites from now on :/

I've been on the site for 2 months (this time round). I used to use it years ago, and it was much much easier then. I had a date almost every week and met my ex on there. Now there are just too many people on there, and thier sense of entitlement is ridiculous. 20+ stone women with 4 kids, no social skills, poor grammar and general low intelligence/value who want tall, handsome, hunks with a fat wallet. 'Normal' people don't get a look in. I've seen people on there who were on there 4 years ago.. the same old faces still craving attention.

Here are my depressing stats:

After 2 months I have:

Recieved 0 messages (to be expected for a bloke)

Sent out 141 messages

Received 23 replies to these messages (16%)

Chatted (ie 3+ messages) to 16 women (11%)

all but TWO of these 16 eventually stopped replying (1.6%)

1 of these said she would go on a date with me, but then disappeared when I tried to arrange

...leaving just ONE who I am meeting for a 3rd time this week

I consider myself to have been very lucky with this girl. She appears to be a normal, well adjusted person whose company I enjoy and we get on great. I am hoping it will lead somewhere..

But see that word above - lucky. If this had been any other girl on this website she would have disapeared like all the others.

Imagine how many hours I have spent composing and replying to 141 messages, trying to keep the banter up, ensuring they don't lose interest..then 99% of them do, and you get very despondent.

the biggest thing is don't let it bother you. ITS NOT YOU! - what assures me of this is 90% of women I -do- meet want to see me again...with online dating the problem is they just never give me the chance of a first date in the first place!

Seriously, these days its a huge waste of time unless you get very lucky. You stand much more chance in real life. If I spoke to 141 women in the street I would put money on having at least a dozen dates from it (and it would be quicker and easier)

Join a club, a social group, anything...just don't pin your hopes on the net..the odds are stacked against you. Women do the choosing online, and they have the pick of almost any man they want (and most of them don't - they just want to pass time while getting their ego's stroked)

btw, like you i'm not a sex pest, not ridiculously bad looking, am quite well rounded, have a decent job, my own teeth/hair etc. There are lots of guys on there who ARE one or more of those things, and they stand even less of a chance than us!

HOLA4418

No, I don't have freakishly large hands or feet just in proportion to my height.

I like to keep them guessing. Tall, with big feet but relatively small hands.

Hung like a horse, though.....

One thing I am convinced of more and more as I go through life: Most women are certifiable crazies, regardless of anything else (e.g. cleverness or not). It's almost enough to turn a straight guy gay.

HOLA4419

I like to keep them guessing. Tall, with big feet but relatively small hands.

Hung like a horse, though.....

One thing I am convinced of more and more as I go through life: Most women are certifiable crazies, regardless of anything else (e.g. cleverness or not). It's almost enough to turn a straight guy gay.

Yep. Me too. The more I see blokes turing into lame and gibbering wrecks the - more I understand most of it is due to pyschological stress from burds.

Not all burds of course - but a huge number.

HOLA4420

+1

Thank goodness I am wise enough to see that now. Often I can see it before I even chat someone up. Knowing the right questions to ask on a date are important - it is a strange feeling sat having a drink on a first date listening to your date with the slow realisation that she is a grade A nutjob.

Better to find it out then than many months or years into a relationship.

HOLA4421

I have not looked on dating sites for a few months... logged on to that plentyoffish site today and I am amazed how many very attractive women in their mid 30s to mid 40s there are in the Bath to Bristol areas.

Judging by their profile pics - immaculately groomed hair and make-up plus pretty stylish looking clothing - these are ladies used to some serious cash.

So I had a quick browse of the profiles and all of them are divorced with several stating 'recently divorced' or 'divorce just came through'.

Having been watching dating sites for a few years I have to say that there is a noticeable upturn, with all respect to the ladies already on then, in the numbers of pretty smart and very attractive looking women.

I only mention this as I wonder whether this is, in itself, an economic indicator?

Call me cynical but maybe they just had their hair done , facial , extra makeup etc just for that one shot for the dating website.

It was a one off , and the rest of the time they live on a shoestring beauty budget.

HOLA4422

+1

Thank goodness I am wise enough to see that now. Often I can see it before I even chat someone up. Knowing the right questions to ask on a date are important - it is a strange feeling sat having a drink on a first date listening to your date with the slow realisation that she is a grade A nutjob.

Better to find it out then than many months or years into a relationship.

Yep but it does take time. I think most of us have been blind and 18 years old and think we knew it all. I know I was !! Lucky I worked out pretty soon that life is about having fun. So if you are with a bird and it causes you any stress, hassle, anger, jealousy or the rest ? See ya. Life is too short to CHOOSE to be in a situation that does you harm. To do so is mental. Literally certifiable mentallness IMO.

Yet this World is full of such people. A few of my friends/family included. Wee brother recently flew a wobbly bout his young bird. Smashing stuff with a golf club, shouting abuse at the rest of us, storming off in the middle of the night, and ended up breaking his hand by punching a wall. And why ? All over some wee bird he probably will barely remember in 10 years time.

I know we all have to find these things out for ourselves, but it is very annoying to watch people literally wasting a good part of their life on something that you know is not going to work out. What surprises me is when we all go through this - why do some people continue down the same route ?! I just don't get it. Fair enough we all have to make the initial mistakes to realise what life is about. However why then continue to make the same mistakes for the rest of your life :blink:

One of my mates has gone from being a total laugh and out all the time to a bloke who works and stays in with his bird - and that is it. He maybe goes out once every 3-4 months and even then he says it is because he is 'allowed'. One time he went out without permission and got a picture message on his phone an hour later. She said if he preferred being with his pals then he could go and live with us. The picture was of his entire wardrobe put into black bags and left at the front door of the flat. :o

He is still with her. It is insanity. Not bordering on insanity IMO. Full blown insanity. Yet there are literally millions of people in this country living exactly the same way. Not just blokes of course. And yet they are deemed to be the normal ones and people like me who live a relaxed laid back generally single life are deemed to be in some way strange !!??

I suppose It does make me realise how lucky I am that I saw the light at an early age. Almost a matrix like event when everything just becomes clear and you realise life is to short to do anything other than have as much fun as possible and as little stress and anger as possible.

Still is annoying when you see your mates and family going down the standard route of wasting away their life getting gradually more stressed and miserable. ( I know this is not the case for all but for a huge majority IMO)

I have one mate who didnt go away travelling to ski for a year (That he LOVES) due to a bird. I have another mate who missed out on 6 months of having the most amazing time in OZ due to going home to be with a bird. I have another mate who went home early from a year in Canada due to a bird.

None of them were with said bird even 3 months after they got back. And none of them can ever do the same thing again as the Visa only lasts to age 30 max. It truly is ******ing tragic.

Ach well - at least I am having fun and know the score - so that at least keeps me going. :D

HOLA4423

Na, you're just getting hungrier. :P

Take that Zurich job if you want a decent-looking woman.

HOLA4424
1 of these said she would go on a date with me, but then disappeared when I tried to arrange

That's probably because she was a man. Hilarious to pose as a woman and see just how naff other blokes are at this game.

HOLA4425

It's almost enough to turn a straight guy gay.

The Mash is thinking along similar lines.

Cash-strapped men turn gay

Civil engineer, Bill McKay, said: "With the economy unlikely to improve in the near future, there's no way I can afford nice dresses and designer chocolates, let alone the school uniforms and hefty tuition fees that are the eventual consequence of those bribes.

"Alternately, if I bag myself a hairy builder then not only will he have no interest in Cath Kidston products, but also he can build my extension for free while we share interesting sport-related banter and laugh at the Peter Kaye jokes in Nuts magazine."

Archived