• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest tbatst2000

No, but my son is visiting Toronto in September. He's maybe looking to relocate there in the next few years so going to take a look around. :)

It's a nice place, I'm sure he'll enjoy himself. I only came out here short term to begin with but I can't see myself moving back to the UK any time soon.

HOLA446

Someone at the Mash is clearly a bit narked right now. After the 'guys turning gay' story a couple of days ago, we now have this:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/new-hormone-test-offers-married-men-timetable-of-misery-201108104179/

For instance:

"The results came back and I've got until May 18th 2017 to get her pregnant. 2108 days, half of which I plan to spend pissed. In the back of my mind I always knew this day would come, I just never thought I'd be able to meticulously plan a send-off party for my balls."

He added: "Moving on, June 5th 2036 is when I can wave goodbye to having a wet dick ever again and October 19th 2042 will be the point at which I'm no longer the proud owner of the bushiest moustache in the house."

HOLA447

Have been reading a lot in the past few days about Facebook being the site for dating now or, to be more precise, the site for infidelity in marriage.

Apparently bored marrieds are increasingly turning to Facebook to find former lovers or just new lovers. If you do a google you can find some interesting articles about how marrieds looking to cheat appear to follow the same habits - which makes sense as we are mostly herd creatures.

They say FB is a great cover to cheat because you go and get your partner to join also... which gives the illusion of it being harmless... but your husband or wife can simply have no idea who you are talking with whilst innocently thinking that your use of FB is harmless.

For example, one half of a couple is eager to join FB, gets his or her spouse to join also but getting the spouse to join also is just an excuse to hide your own use of FB to seek out lovers. paprently such couples end up with the enthusiastic person having a very detailed FB profile, lots of photos, comments, etc, whilst the reluctant partner basically maintains a photoless blank profile.

HOLA448
"Facebooking is great for those who are never, ever, under any circumstances, going to cheat on their partner. It's also great for cheaters who are going to cheat either way -- Facebook just makes it easier. Facebook represents a serious problem for folks like me-- the teeterers. By that I mean those of us who are not one hundred percent likely to cheat, but who might, unintentionally, teeter on fidelity's edge. Facebook is to teeterers what a bar is to recovering alcoholics. Don't go there!"

http://www.yourtango.com/201057729/technology-assisted-infidelity-facebook-widow

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Someone at the Mash is clearly a bit narked right now.

"You know the bit at the end of The Fly when the fly puts the shotgun barrel to its own forehead with a piteous look in its eyes? That."

I think you might be right. :D

HOLA4411

FB just makes flirting and asking things sooooooooooooo easy. No wonder it increases this sort of thing going on.

As for burds and their mentalness. Great example on TV this morning. For some reason I turned over to Daybreak. No idea why. Maybe I should see someone. Anyway - some come dancing burd on it and they were talking about how Jeremy Irons was complaining how the World is too PC and the odd slap on a burds **** was no big deal. She took great offence to this and said it was unacceptable and blah blah. Tidy burd next to her said pretty much the same and said she got it all the time and hated it (Although if it stopped we all know she would start to get paranoid about 'what was wrong with her')

Then Kate Garroway looked at them both and said something along the lines of 'You are lucky I wish I get some of that - I never get any!!' . And I think whilst half joking it was clear she was being serious.

What the ****** is the average bloke supposed to think after seeing that ?! How are we supposed to understand the mentalness of burds ?! It was just a snap 60 seconds but really showed very clearly how tricky it is for us blokes to deal with burds.

Whilst I appreciate us blokes can be complete divots. I do think we are clearly less complex and far easier to understand than most burds. We are not complicated creatures when it comes to our wants. :D

HOLA4412

FB just makes flirting and asking things sooooooooooooo easy. No wonder it increases this sort of thing going on.

From the countless articles online it appears that lots of marrieds are taking it much further than just flirting on FB.

Appears that singles are on dating sites but married are flirting and starting affairs via FB.

HOLA4413

Lavalife (seems to be the most popular one in Toronto). She gets plenty of offers, but they're nearly all from obviously unsuitable men - and I don't mean that they don't look like Brad Pitt or that they're not a CEO of a major corporation. Seriously, I don't understand it either - she's not looking for anything unrealistic, just a smart, presentable bloke who's good company and up for some fun.

I know lots of single blokes that fit that description unable to find girlfriends (most women seem to already be attached in circles I move in, so all the men end up competing for the few single women available), so not sure what the problem is....maybe its just people are stuck in their own social circles and need to branch out more somehow (but as people have said internet dating is pretty rubbish.....last girlfriend I met on there turned out to be not a very nice person, and neither was the one before that I met through internet dating)?

HOLA4414

Women are more sensitive to the effects of testostorone, and with other environmental factors makes it hard to quantify what sort of mood they are in, although most communication between humans is body language so it perhaps pays to be intuitive in this instance and base you decision making on a few other rules, like knowledge of the person as well.

For comparison, I used to do this to a girl in my class at middle school, a raw biological response but as I also got older, I also had women do it to me as well including an area manageress for one company I worked for! Yes the attention can be nice but it ultimately depends on your mood and their mood. Its about using judgement to gauge the situation with PC laws in place to deter or prevent those who are not confident of their judgement whilst trying to avoid any exploitation.

But it just seems all overly complicated. In the past a bloke does this and the burd doesnt like it - he gets a quick slap on the chops. No big deal. He knows the score. She knows the score. Nobody is killed.

Nowadays you could have people arrested for sexual assault and put on some sort of register - simply if the burd in question felt like it. I really do not think that is progress. I think what we had before made more sense and everyone knew where they stood.

I wonder where the in between time was in the past 50 years when things were actually nicely balanced between not being too PC and also with people knowing certain things were just too much.

Late 80's - Early 90's perhaps? Whenever it was we certainly did not appreciate it at the time.

From the countless articles online it appears that lots of marrieds are taking it much further than just flirting on FB.

Appears that singles are on dating sites but married are flirting and starting affairs via FB.

Oh aye. Endemic. Actually just thinking - I got together with an ex though FB myself. And yes - she was with a bloke at the time. Nothing serious just a bit of slap and tickle so didn't feel too guilty about it. I wasn't in the relationship with the bloke after all.

In fact she was the very burd I lost my cherry to when I was 17. :D

Lord - this burd has some serious skills :ph34r:

HOLA4415

Oh aye. Endemic. Actually just thinking - I got together with an ex though FB myself. And yes - she was with a bloke at the time. Nothing serious just a bit of slap and tickle so didn't feel too guilty about it. I wasn't in the relationship with the bloke after all.

In fact she was the very burd I lost my cherry to when I was 17. :D

Lord - this burd has some serious skills :ph34r:

This is what is going on apparently. Married are using FB to look up and shack up with exes, first loves, school sweethearts, etc.

HOLA4416

This is what is going on apparently. Married are using FB to look up and shack up with exes, first loves, school sweethearts, etc.

I can imagine the numbers are huge. This bloke did get a bit of a benefit out of this situation though. I asked her to do something for me adn he had to be invovled for reasons I shall not go into. She told me he was loving what his little treat was. Little did he know it was gonna be passed onto myself. :D

Still, at least there was a silver lining for him.

HOLA4417
Guest tbatst2000

I know lots of single blokes that fit that description unable to find girlfriends (most women seem to already be attached in circles I move in, so all the men end up competing for the few single women available), so not sure what the problem is....maybe its just people are stuck in their own social circles and need to branch out more somehow (but as people have said internet dating is pretty rubbish.....last girlfriend I met on there turned out to be not a very nice person, and neither was the one before that I met through internet dating)?

I'm too old to have ever tried it myself - I got married before any of this lot came along, closest thing in my day was Dateline. It's worth thinking through the numbers a bit though. For Toronto, for example, it would go something like this for my friend:

- total number of men = 2.5m

- total number of straight men = 2.25m (actually, possibly lower given that this is gay central).

- total number of straight men in the right age range = 400K (rough guess based on a range of 10 years)

- of those, say 20% are single = 80K

- she's insanely clever and I'm sure isn't going to hit it off with anyone a lot less bright, so say 20% are in range = 16K

- she's not in the least bit racist but sadly many people are, thus most likely cutting out the majority of visible minorities (chop 40%-ish for that) = 10K

- take a cut out for loons and people that are single because they're incapable of forming long term relationships = 5K

- of the remaining, let's be optimistic and say that 10% are on dating sites = 500

So, maybe, at any one time, the pool of possible matches via the internet is 500. I don't know about you, but my hit-rate for fancying women I meet ignoring lust responses, isn't that high, certainly lower than 1 in 10. Assuming her rate for fancying men is more or less similar, that leaves around 25-50 genuine possible matches via that route. Adding in all the weirdness of not meeting in a normal social situation, I can see why it doesn't work very well.

HOLA4418

I can imagine the numbers are huge. This bloke did get a bit of a benefit out of this situation though. I asked her to do something for me adn he had to be invovled for reasons I shall not go into. She told me he was loving what his little treat was. Little did he know it was gonna be passed onto myself. :D

Still, at least there was a silver lining for him.

I think you should explain the above in detail.

HOLA4419

I'm too old to have ever tried it myself - I got married before any of this lot came along, closest thing in my day was Dateline. It's worth thinking through the numbers a bit though. For Toronto, for example, it would go something like this for my friend:

- total number of men = 2.5m

- total number of straight men = 2.25m (actually, possibly lower given that this is gay central).

- total number of straight men in the right age range = 400K (rough guess based on a range of 10 years)

- of those, say 20% are single = 80K

- she's insanely clever and I'm sure isn't going to hit it off with anyone a lot less bright, so say 20% are in range = 16K

- she's not in the least bit racist but sadly many people are, thus most likely cutting out the majority of visible minorities (chop 40%-ish for that) = 10K

- take a cut out for loons and people that are single because they're incapable of forming long term relationships = 5K

- of the remaining, let's be optimistic and say that 10% are on dating sites = 500

So, maybe, at any one time, the pool of possible matches via the internet is 500. I don't know about you, but my hit-rate for fancying women I meet ignoring lust responses, isn't that high, certainly lower than 1 in 10. Assuming her rate for fancying men is more or less similar, that leaves around 25-50 genuine possible matches via that route. Adding in all the weirdness of not meeting in a normal social situation, I can see why it doesn't work very well.

Thank goodness you have got married. Otherwise, I fear there is a flaw in your dating approach. :lol:

HOLA4420
Guest tbatst2000

Thank goodness you have got married. Otherwise, I fear there is a flaw in your dating approach. :lol:

Ha! My dating approach back in the day worked pretty well - I am married after all - but it's so much easier when you're in your twenties because, at that point, there's still plenty of sane-ish attractive people in the pool. The problem with doing it later via the interweb is that you're up against survivorship bias in a big way. So, I stand by my calculation, please point out the flaws.

HOLA4421

Ha! My dating approach back in the day worked pretty well - I am married after all - but it's so much easier when you're in your twenties because, at that point, there's still plenty of sane-ish attractive people in the pool. The problem with doing it later via the interweb is that you're up against survivorship bias in a big way. So, I stand by my calculation, please point out the flaws.

Your academic approach to lust and desire.

HOLA4422
Guest tbatst2000

Your academic approach to lust and desire.

I don't see what's so odd about estimating the chances of a good match via internet dating. The actual lust and desire bit is obviously entirely unpredictable but I don't kid myself that people aren't at least somewhat calculating about it...otherwise the lovely lady further up the thread would not have been ridiculed. Although now that I think about it, a possible further flaw with dating sites is that they offer too much choice, leading to people having to narrow their criteria unreasonably and therefore missing many chances to find that unexpected spark.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Easy to write naughty words on FB. What's the most erotic message anyone has or could send to you?

I don't do Facebook and none of my friends do... what do you mean by it being easy to write naughty words... you mean some kind of email or chat? I thought everything you wrote appeared on some wall?

HOLA4425

Archived