• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
On 13/03/2024 at 13:42, PeanutButter said:

Not technically a s-hole but still a damn waste of a fine building. 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/144352181#/?channel=RES_BUY

yuk, I lived in E. Dulwich 20 yrs ago, near there Crystal Palace rd, it wa just starting to go mental then . thank goodness I moved up to Nw / N wales  

HOLA444
HOLA445

^^

Oh God.... this isn't even funny anymore. And it's modern method of auction, meaning that's the teaser price to get people bidding.

If you managed to get it for that asking price of £275k, and laid down a £125k deposit, the mortgage would be £904 per month for 25 years, and with interest you'd pay back that asking price. So £400k in total.

The UK is so broken. 

Edited by Orb

HOLA446
45 minutes ago, Orb said:

^^

Oh God.... this isn't even funny anymore. And it's modern method of auction, meaning that's the teaser price to get people bidding.

If you managed to get it for that asking price of £275k, and laid down a £125k deposit, the mortgage would be £904 per month for 25 years, and with interest you'd pay back that asking price. So £400k in total.

The UK is so broken. 

I’m seeing several houses that failed to sell the normal way even after several reductions going to modern method of auction, and now I’m seeing a few of those obviously not getting any bids or not meeting some ridiculous reserve price as they get resisted for modern method of auction again some months later at an even greater reduced price.

And I’ll bet they still don’t sell, because they’re still shitholes.

HOLA447
HOLA448
1 hour ago, Englaender said:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/137816432

This place really pisses me off but not worth starting a new thread, so adding it here.

New build "eco friendly"... and yet the EP Rating is D. 

New builds shouldn't be anything lower than a C. B ideally.

And yet it's still Sold STC.

Is it  because it is all electric?

We lived in a new build with an ASHP and it got a D rating because of electric heating.

At best (according to the EPC) they can get a C with solar water. 

https://find-energy-certificate.service.gov.uk/energy-certificate/2832-1732-9009-0954-4292

In Ireland I believe you can't build a property that will be under a B rating. 

My daughter had one hell of an expense putting in a ground source  HP and rainwater recovery etc in order to get the rating up to B . 

HOLA449
11 hours ago, Englaender said:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/137816432

This place really pisses me off but not worth starting a new thread, so adding it here.

New build "eco friendly"... and yet the EP Rating is D. 

New builds shouldn't be anything lower than a C. B ideally.

And yet it's still Sold STC.

Those heaters are going to be helluva expensive to run.
Builders shouldve installed a A2W heatpump with underfloor heating or at the very least an A2A minisplit serving the most used rooms. Perhaps the owner can save money on food as they need to be a skinny fecker to use the bog...

image.png.7e515ea6879d0acd8ea549f0c7707997.png

HOLA4410
13 hours ago, Tulip74 said:

The agent seems clueless. The correct name for a terrace in estate agent speak is cottage. As for the photos, what were they thinking about. If I was a prospective buyer I would want to see pictures of flowers in vases, moody shots of ornaments, landscape views of somewhere within 5 miles etc. Better still, use computer generated images. Have they learnt nothing from marketing techniques for new build?   

HOLA4411
1 hour ago, Frankie Teardrop said:

they need to be a skinny fecker to use the bog...

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there building regs regarding space? Something tells me that bog falls foul of those regs. No? 

Edited by Orb

HOLA4412
On 11/4/2023 at 3:17 AM, Orb said:

I'm quoting myself, because it's come back to market AGAIN.

This time it's £290k, last time it was £295k

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/141588518#/?channel=RES_BUY

Quoting myself again. 

People might remember I've been following this property for about a year on this thread. It's the dilapidated bungalow in Hardingstone, Northampton, with the tree growing through it. It sold for £196,500 in Apr 2023

Then flipped and relisted at £295k, then dropped to £290k, then £280k, then listing taken down.

It's reappeared today at £280k again.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/145941527#/?channel=RES_BUY

Maybe they should just make it dirt cheap and start a bidding war, eh?

HOLA4413
2 minutes ago, Orb said:

Quoting myself again. 

People might remember I've been following this property for about a year on this thread. It's the dilapidated bungalow in Hardingstone, Northampton, with the tree growing through it. It sold for £196,500 in Apr 2023

Then flipped and relisted at £295k, then dropped to £290k, then £280k, then listing taken down.

It's reappeared today at £280k again.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/145941527#/?channel=RES_BUY

Maybe they should just make it dirt cheap and start a bidding war, eh?

Funnily enough that’s one of my saved properties just for fun, wondered where it had gone as noticed it was off the market, and couldn’t find it resisted.

Re-saved..!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
On 20/03/2024 at 05:38, Frankie Teardrop said:

Those heaters are going to be helluva expensive to run.
Builders shouldve installed a A2W heatpump with underfloor heating or at the very least an A2A minisplit serving the most used rooms. Perhaps the owner can save money on food as they need to be a skinny fecker to use the bog...

image.png.7e515ea6879d0acd8ea549f0c7707997.png

If you look at the floorplan, you can see that the software does not even allow the WC to be shown as it actually is because the width of any WC is greater the space between edge of shower and the wall!

HOLA4418
5 minutes ago, bearishonhouses said:

If you look at the floorplan, you can see that the software does not even allow the WC to be shown as it actually is because the width of any WC is greater the space between edge of shower and the wall!

Stand well back, take aim, and point.. 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
8 minutes ago, Flopsy said:

No one has taken the family photos (and that includes one that looks quite old). Very sad.

How the actual ****** do you let a property get that delapidated? Must have some family somewhere, if the bloodsuckers in mine are anything to go by.

Feel sorry for the neighbours having to look at that $hithole everyday.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
1 minute ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

Not healthy for society when you see this.

What's really sad is someone will probably take it.

Someone HAS taken it.  It’s down as ‘Let Agreed’ 🤦‍♂️