House Price Crash Forum

What Did Brown Mean By "your Livelihoods & S A V I N G S Are

HOLA441

what was that about?

and why does fail to mention the reason Tories opposed a lot of his plans + still do is simply because the UK doesn't have the money?

how can people sit there and clap someone who is basically saying we'll all be in debt for decades, but trust me it's better than taking the medicine in a short, sharp shock now? i would rather have my tooth out quickly than push it and prod it until it dangles by a thread.

* with thanks to Gman for the edit

Edited by loginandtonic

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
He means we will be losing both if he or his party gets re-elected

Notice he didn't say our livelihoods and savings. He must have bought gold when the price was low.

he really scares me, i think he really is way out of his depth, and theres no one of substance to wade in and stop him it seems, its a dumbed down Westminster when he's the creme

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Our savings are hanging in the balance.

They will either be lost through huge increases in wealth and income taxes required to feed the national debt if we fall into a deflationary death spiral or they will be crushed into oblivion if QE works and we enter into a phase of high inflation.

The only real drama is the means by which we will lose them. It is a given that we will lose them.

HOLA449

They will either be lost through huge increases in wealth and income taxes required to feed the national debt if we fall into a deflationary death spiral or they will be crushed into oblivion if QE works and we enter into a phase of high inflation.

The only real drama is the means by which we will lose them. It is a given that we will lose them.

Its got to be paid back somehow. Either it gets paid back through the country earning or from confiscating peoples savings.

The UK is going in the wrong direction as a wealth creating country so the alternative looks the more likely.

HOLA4410

what - youre not protected from the mad man

HOLA4411
I was just watching the TUC speech too, he said that our savings are STILL hanging in the balance.

There is something big coming our way.

I reckon he is just saying, like incumbent leaders always do, don't risk changing the guard at a time like this

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Savings are hanging by a thread?

RBS and Lloyds HBoS about to implode?

1-2 weeks ago there was a rumour about a big European bank going down, this hasn't happened......yet. remember most european banks have a sliced up & lent to infinity share, UK banks WILL be affected without a doubt. My money is on Santander, now who is it they own again.... :ph34r:

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

There will be no deflationary death spiral, and even if there were, money would still have even more value. What Gordon probably means is that if we don't get a recovery soon through blind hope, he will have borrowed so much that savings will need to be confiscated to pay the debts and taxes will be increased to protect all public sector jobs. QE could still be expanded to inflate all savings away, anything in fact to still pay the public sector with money we have not got. The sooner he goes the better, as we are facing disaster with the madman.

HOLA4418
There will be no deflationary death spiral, and even if there were, money would still have even more value. What Gordon probably means is that if we don't get a recovery soon through blind hope, he will have borrowed so much that savings will need to be confiscated to pay the debts and taxes will be increased to protect all public sector jobs. QE could still be expanded to inflate all savings away, anything in fact to still pay the public sector with money we have not got. The sooner he goes the better, as we are facing disaster with the madman.

hope this is not true, he never said this, god we could be all f**ked

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
what - youre not protected from the mad man

I have done the best that I can to overlay a matrix of possible outcomes and investment performance for each asset class given each outcome and have tried to optimise the risk / reward.

No matter how much thought one puts into it, there is still a risk that something unexpected happens. I am very far from complacent at the moment even though the market seems to be telling us that we can relax a bit .....