House Price Crash Forum

House Prices To Rise 50% By 2014 Says Indy Today

HOLA441
Is this some sort of prank, or a real newspaper article?

Has anyone else read it?

I mean, WTF are they smoking?

It's real, I couldn't believe it when I read it.

Thats why I posted it on here.

Lead story in the Money section!

I've just read the Daily Mash to get a balanced view.

This is what we are fighting against

Propaganda machine to *Red Alert*

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Ebbw Vale (Gwent) 50% ?????? Ebba Vale a property hotspot ??????? Strong local labour market ??? in Ebbw Vale ????

Has the world gone stark staring mad ? In five years time a house in Ebba Vale will be close to fookin worthless. Have any of you had the misfortune to visit Ebbw Vale ? Its the pits ( pun intended)

HOLA444
If the dollar tanks every currency will go with it.

My own opinion is the government will make a formal devaluation of the US $ overnight.

Much more orderly.

Obama is going to be so popular by the end of his term :rolleyes: You can see why they let a black man be president now can't you. Won't happen again for a thousand years after the next 4 years goes down.

HOLA445
Rise by 50%, that means by 2014 nationwide average prices will be 230k from current level of 154k, which requires an average rise of 10k per quarter until 2014! The rise is faster than any time in the past, See graph below for the out of the hat prediction of hyper inflation:

Your maths is way off.

Its only about 4K per quarter.

1K a month.

Definitely possible if banks start lending again.

HOLA446
HOLA447

The conspiracy theories are a bit much, if anyone had the money to reinflate the bubble you can rest assured they'd be lining up to the edge of the cliff patiently waiting their turn to jump off like before. This crash is an 'availability of credit compared to before' fueled crash. People haven't stopped buying suddenly because all of a sudden they have gained some fragment of common sense, they can't do it, the money isn't there to be borrowed. The money cannot be magiced by an article in a weekend newspaper.

The only conspiracy here is the very very old and often repeated print whatever makes our paper sell conspiracy. A lot of over borrowed people out there want this to be true, they'll be picking this paper from the news stands.

Unless the papers start printing cut out tokens that can be exchanged for houses they aren't going to be affecting the market.

Edited by cybernoid

HOLA448
This is what we are fighting against

Propaganda machine to *Red Alert*

Yes, it's pure propaganda.

It's being used out of desparation and I think it's working, many believe that a recovereh is just around the corner whereas they should be digging in for a long hard winter.

What can we do?

Just repeat the word 'propaganda ' and point and laugh. Seriously, I think it's enough.

Keep it up Maddog......

HOLA449
Your maths is way off.

Its only about 4K per quarter.

1K a month.

Definitely possible if banks start lending again.

Passing the same toxic nonsense to each other and lending high multiples to the people that couldn`t pay back the last lot? Come on, put down the crack pipe, they haven`t even fessed up about the extent of bad loans already existing on their books, let alone trying to start another round of pass the parcel. This is about orderly collapse nothing more, they are hoping that people believe there are lifeboats coming even as we slip beneath the waves so that VI`s can stand on a few heads in the hope that something DOES turn up. That something IMO will be the next bubble in energy shares or similar, it won`t be housing, that is a busted flush.

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA4410
Unless the papers start printing cut out tokens that can be exchanged for houses they aren't going to be affecting the market.

But they are though. The constant ramping is convincing the sheeple that the crash is over.

Sellers are holding firm to the high asking prices, and potentional buyers are applying for mortgages in case they 'miss the boat'. They may not get the mortgage, but just by applying, that creates the illusion that the market is picking up, you know, all that pent up demand.

It won't restart HPI, but it will maintain the standoff for a long time.......

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

"I am only interested in a property that is priced at its 1999 2000 price." .....needs to be tatooed on the foreheads of all would be sellers, so they see it every time they look in the mirror. The comments are all very truthfull and hard hitting, all from posters on here? Full marks to the newspaper for allowing those comments, many VI sources would not have allowed them? which makes you wonder, do they desperately need the revenue, but want the truth out there as well? strange, because a few sensible comments like that make the article appear even more stupid and desperate. Good post OP. National average is heading for about 70k I think.

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA4415
"I am only interested in a property that is priced at its 1999 2000 price." .....needs to be tatooed on the foreheads of all would be sellers, so they see it every time they look in the mirror. The comments are all very truthfull and hard hitting, all from posters on here? Full marks to the newspaper for allowing those comments, many VI sources would not have allowed them? which makes you wonder, do they desperately need the revenue, but want the truth out there as well? strange, because a few sensible comments like that make the article appear even more stupid and desperate. Good post OP. National average is heading for about 70k I think.

I think we will see a lot more of this in the next few weeks,

sucking the last drops of blood out of it.

If the Independent are that desperate what sort of main stream press

will be left in 2 years time? Murdoch owned bull$hit versus Government owned bull$hit.

This is all propaganda and it's getting more and more see through

They are trying to keep it steady until the next election ,nothing significant

will happen till then , then they will slowly release the "truth", how bad it really is,

what a balls up the last lot made of it etc......

This is going to be a long long road but i don't think they can stop it unravelling.

We are deep in it

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

propertyforecasts.co.uk , who produced the report , is owned by Technical Forecasts Limited .

Technical Forecasts Limited have a history of "total accuracy" in their predictions .

See this wonderful , 100% accurate chart they produced in 2006 relating to residential building land .

Residential_land_forecast_2006.jpg

Not far out are they ?

Edit for link : http://www.voa.gov.uk/publications/propert...nd_forecast.htm

post-4353-1250429414_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dead Spider

HOLA4420

Many posters on this website wouldn't recognise the market bottom even if it farted at them.

There was a guy on Bloomberg today explaining that property prices in the USA are rising quite quickly (14% since Jan) and that it wasnt a bounce.

Everyone has a vested interest.

Some talk it up, others talk it down. :blink:

Good luck with your choice.

HOLA4421
Many posters on this website wouldn't recognise the market bottom even if it farted at them.

There was a guy on Bloomberg today explaining that property prices in the USA are rising quite quickly (14% since Jan) and that it wasnt a bounce.

Everyone has a vested interest.

Some talk it up, others talk it down. :blink:

Good luck with your choice.

You've done it again!

Home Price Declines Accelerate in Second Quarter

Aug. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Home price declines in the U.S. accelerated in the second quarter, dropping by a record 15.6 percent from a year earlier, as foreclosures weighed on values.

The median price of an existing single-family home dropped to $174,100, the most in records dating to 1979, the National Association of Realtors said today. Total sales rose 3.8 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.76 million from the first quarter and fell 2.9 percent from 2008’s second quarter.

Prices fell in 129 out of 155 metropolitan areas from a year ago and 39 states experienced sales increases from the first quarter, the Chicago-based realtors group said. Sales in U.S. housing market at the heart of the global recession are beginning to stabilize, said Patrick Newport, an economist for Lexington, Massachusetts-based IHS Global Insight.

“I don’t think we’re at a bottom yet in home prices,†said Scott Anderson, a senior economist at Wells Fargo & Co. in Minneapolis. “There’s also a pretty big shadow supply of houses. People are kind of waiting for the bottom but there’s a pent-up supply out there.â€

WHY?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I think another boom is not far away but the next one will be very short lived. I'm pretty sure rising unemployment is going to be a trend for at least 4 years and even after then I can't see a return the Blair period for some time. However, rising unemployment does not mean property prices will fall.

Lots of people are taking their properties off the market, in particular family homes. Recent rises in prices have not been for flats or starter homes....they have mainly been for larger family properties. Maybe a supply shortage for good family homes is forcing up prices.

How long this trend will continue for will depend on how the middle classes cope with the worsening recession. The FTSE maybe recovering but there are plenty of signs that British companies are not. Car sales have not rebounded at all considering the incentives and time of the year, British manufacturing has not benefited as much as it should have from the favorable exchange rates.

Next year we will be hit by higher taxes, rising food and oil costs and all this could send the UK into a depression.

HOLA4425

Personally , I think with 500,000+ people aged over 45 dying this year , and the new 3% late inheritance tax fine being levied next month (if tax payment over 6 months late) , there should be fun and games in mid 2010 , whatever .

Should be interesting at least .

Sell off of assets if not the house .