House Price Crash Forum

Whats The Best Cool *1shinny Thing You've Recently Bought?

Guest Disposable Heroes

HOLA441
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest tbatst2000
It's telling you to get on and make the most out of it's potential, climb those hills with more pleasure, improving your health with each pedal turn.

DURA-ACE, POLISHED FINISHED, CARBON WEAVE, very nice.

Full Speed Ahead.

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm certainly racking up the miles - around 150 in the last week, mainly due to being on leave - with the next test being a timed 25 to see if I can come close to the times I used to manage 20 years ago.

HOLA444
Guest DisposableHeroes
it's not shiny, but it's a vintage Gibson acoustic, and I'm rather pleased with it.

Let that fine instrument sing.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest DisposableHeroes
Suffering from gadget-fatigue. So splurged on a big pile of dirt-cheap 70s' soul/funk/disco CDs from Amazon.

NIGHT FEVER.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Hey, cool.

high in the sky, looking down at the world rushing by... Watching Buzzards glide in the breeze...

I prefer to do it the other way round.

My feet will be firmly on the ground looking up at my new £950 radio controlled glider soaring with those buzzards.

And yes, they do occasionally crash :( which is why this new one will soon be appearing in my hanger...........

HOLA449
Guest DisposableHeroes
A new paramotor... well I do like to be different!

Para gliding motor? Would love to get one of those. I can't help but look up and admire the people and the grace of the aircraft.

HOLA4410
Guest bound
I would seriously love to get one of them. The best folding bike design, great purchase. I need to know, how many gears?, handle bar type?, lights?, rack?, how far have you ridden on the steed?

In your own time...

Great article by Will Self, for you to read:-

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-...ike-926741.html

I've read that article.

It is surprisingly quick.

I ride it everywhere. I have ridden from Victoria to Bethnal Green quite a few times. From Whitechapel to Archway, from Whitechapel to Nottinghill and back over one lunchtime, that took abouy 1 hr 45 min, but it was raining and I didn't know exactly where I was going and took a long way around.

Regularly ride from the West End to Bethnal Green / Whitechapel.

The best thing is you can take it everywhere, I've taken it to Milton Keynes and Brighton. It has been on trains, the tube, a friends car and in cabs a few times.

The danger is it is too easy to take to the pub.

HOLA4411
Guest DisposableHeroes
Thanks for the encouragement, I'm certainly racking up the miles - around 150 in the last week, mainly due to being on leave - with the next test being a timed 25 to see if I can come close to the times I used to manage 20 years ago.

150 miles is really good going. Hey if you don't come close to the 25 straight away, you know you can easily build up to it and pass it.

Lance Armstrong's come back was an inspiration.

HOLA4412
The best thing is you can take it everywhere, I've taken it to Milton Keynes and Brighton. It has been on trains, the tube, a friends car and in cabs a few times.

Thats the good thing about the Brompton it can be carried on all tube trains and the DLR as its classed as normal luggage.. Normal bikes are only allowed on the District/Circle Lines. A bike that can be carried without getting dagger looks off other passengers, even if the carriage is substantially empty!

HOLA4413

A pair of bikes for me and the missus

Snowboard X 2 bindings X 2

erm.... thats about it I think...

Wish list:

all the new kit for my house which i havent got yet, I also want a really comfy outdoor style sofa for reading the paper on

Digi SLR

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest DisposableHeroes
I've read that article.

It is surprisingly quick.

I ride it everywhere. I have ridden from Victoria to Bethnal Green quite a few times. From Whitechapel to Archway, from Whitechapel to Nottinghill and back over one lunchtime, that took abouy 1 hr 45 min, but it was raining and I didn't know exactly where I was going and took a long way around.

Regularly ride from the West End to Bethnal Green / Whitechapel.

:-)

Brilliant, bound, sounds like you are really making the most of it.

It must have been five or so years ago when I saw someone take one of a train, unfold it in a matter of seconds and ride off, my only thought was, fantastic.

HOLA4416

Well since October

1 kona Dew Deluxe 2008 Hybrid for going to and from work. Also good to get on the cross country train and pootle around exeter.

1 Kiron Scandium because after buying the Kona I realised how much I loved cycling

1 MacBook Pro 2nd hand 2.3GHz and 2 gig ram (£560 on ebay) for Traktor.

1 Traktor Scratch Pro as I want to archive all my vinyl yet keep my 1210s

1 Garmin Edge 705 - because cycle training is getting very intense now

1 Kurt Kinetic Rock and Roll trainer - for when it rains outside.

But I think (Garmin was last purchase) that may be it. I am looking to spend £50 on a second hand road bike to leave on the trainer and I would dearly love to own a Colnago Extreme Power but that is just £4k too much. So I will start saving majorly after this month.

HOLA4417

Well, I didn't pay for them because I used a company voucher, but I got a Sony DAB clock radio and an electric floor sweeper thingy. Didn't really want or need them to be honest, but when you're given a voucher what can you do? :)

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest DisposableHeroes
A pair of bikes for me and the missus

Snowboard X 2 bindings X 2

erm.... thats about it I think...

Wish list:

all the new kit for my house which i havent got yet, I also want a really comfy outdoor style sofa for reading the paper on

Digi SLR

Got to love the bikes.

Always wanted to try snowboarding, looks like great fun, the feeling of surfing through the snow.

Comfy sofa, good sized cup of tea, paper/book, seems to give the mind more space than other forms of entertainment.

HOLA4420
1) Extra Value Desktop PC, Intel Dual Core E5300, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDRW, NO OS

Qty: 1Cost: £219.86

2) A flat in manchester for cash from my str fund 2005 (its a repo, hope I dont get gazumped again like I did in April on another repo).

I can understand your reluctance to trust a bank to look after your cash, but surely a decent safe would suffice. Or is your entire STR fund in 1p coins?

HOLA4421
Guest DisposableHeroes
Finally gave in and bought the Apple 30" Cinema Display monitor.

Got a cracking deal on a second hand (though barely used) one, and have since watched them rise in price on Ebay so a good purchase all around!

Great pixels per inch on those. Fantastic for movie watching. My bother has an IMac, loves it.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Got to love the bikes.

Always wanted to try snowboarding, looks like great fun, the feeling of surfing through the snow.

Comfy sofa, good sized cup of tea, paper/book, seems to give the mind more space than other forms of entertainment.

Book yourself on a catered chalet holiday and give boarding a go, its is the greatest feeling and ven if you are rubbish there is always the apres to look forward to

HOLA4424
But I think (Garmin was last purchase) that may be it. I am looking to spend £50 on a second hand road bike to leave on the trainer and I would dearly love to own a Colnago Extreme Power but that is just £4k too much. So I will start saving majorly after this month.

Your purchases are not over, you'll end up spending at least another £50 on new maps for the Garmin, and probably some proper route-making software too. The software it comes with is dreadful - used mine for my John O'Groats to Lands End the other month.

HOLA4425
Guest DisposableHeroes
Book yourself on a catered chalet holiday and give boarding a go, its is the greatest feeling and ven if you are rubbish there is always the apres to look forward to

:-)

I've been skiing before, your right I should give it a try it. I just love being around the mountains.

It's pretty pleasurable having a wee dram in the icy fresh air.