House Price Crash Forum

The Unemployed

HOLA441
We average about 150-200 applications for every job advertised at the moment, and I'd say it still seems to be increasing. I reckon the redundancy money's running out.

But....but.....but.....surely there are some regional variations? Being up against 9 or 10 others is pretty good odds I've always found, it must be like this in some parts of the country?

(Ps, please don't say scarry things so close to bedtime.)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
A south African college of mine has just been made redundant, no savings, has no right to benefits, and is considering burglary. What do we do with him?

Hows that?.

What zud efrika needs is the YMCA

Young man, there's no need to feel down.

I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.

I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town

There's no need to be unhappy.

Young man, there's a place you can go.

I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.

You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find

Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.

They have everything for you men to enjoy,

You can hang out with all the boys ...

You can get yourself cleaned, you can have a good meal,

You can do whatever you feel ...

Young man, are you listening to me?

I said, young man, what do you want to be?

I said, young man, you can make real your dreams.

But you got to know this one thing!

...etc...

oh theyll have a ball

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
I think unemployed people should be given food vouchers instead of cash.

That way, they'll be easily identifiable in supermarkets and can be sent to the back of the queue every time a hard working taxpayer joins it!

After all, they're unemployed, what does it matter to them how long they spend in a supermarket queue? And the humiliation of being singled out like that might just motivate them to get off their backsides and find a job!

Congratulations, you've made it to Government Minister!

They gave vouchers to the Asylum Seekers a few years back, but you won't remember that, cos the public have a short memory n'all. And the voucher scheme has stopped now, due to its inherent flaws.

I bet you'll never guess what the flaws were, so I'll just sit here and laugh at you, like I laugh at all simpletons with 'magic' solutions.

HOLA4412

They gave vouchers to the Asylum Seekers a few years back, but you won't remember that, cos the public have a short memory n'all. And the voucher scheme has stopped now, due to its inherent flaws.

I bet you'll never guess what the flaws were, so I'll just sit here and laugh at you, like I laugh at all simpletons with 'magic' solutions.

Was one of the flaws that taxpayers took preference at supermarket queues? Sounds good to me, in fact I think they should clean my shoes and iron my shirts for free to save my time to work more to pay more tax to pay for their food vouchers.

HOLA4413

Was the flaw that they stopped voting Labour?

HOLA4414

Oh I see, you're saying we shouldn't give them anything at all, so they're more motivated to find work. Good to see your on message.

HOLA4415
Except old bean, there are no jobs. Poundland just opened a few more shops and had 150 applicants for every avaliable job. The absolute vast majority of unemployed people actualy want work, even the worst kind of work it would seem. The reason unemployment goes up is on account of redundancy and vastly shrinking number of vacancies rather than a desire all of a sudden for more people choosing it as a career.

As they say you can be ignorant without being arrogant but you cant be arrogant without being ignorant, it seems you haver chosen to be one of the latter.

ps, hope you find your obnoxious self in this position one day.

Hmmm, nice. I'm gonna have to give this some serious thought. :rolleyes:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
I think they should all generate electricity by cycling on a bike linked to a mini generator.

1. Keep 'em fit thereby reducing health costs.

2. Keep 'em warm.

3. It's green and has a purpose (can't watch telly without cycling).

4. If they produce more than they consume then they can earn themselves a bit of cash.

(could extend it to anyone on tax credits too)

Brilliant! And your scheme lends itself to payment by effort, 1p per kilowatt hour generated. Solves polution, solves global warming, solves unemployment, solves peak oil, and is healthy for the unemployed person. Every town could have a drop-in centre where anyone could go and do some cycling to earn a few bob.

HOLA4421
Guest X-QUORK

I'd have the wasters jogging on the spot until they get a bloody job. If nothing else, they'll be fit for employment after a few days.

HOLA4422

Well, I find it incredulous that we still have so many immigrants coming into the country at such a time. Nice article in The Telegraph yesterday about the numbers of British born (note not indigenous British) made unemployed this last quarter against the numbers of immigrants who gained jobs. To me, it just defies immagination. What's more, just like the Ghurkas, I though the additional costs would be too great anyway?

HOLA4423
I think unemployed people should be given food vouchers instead of cash.

That way, they'll be easily identifiable in supermarkets and can be sent to the back of the queue every time a hard working taxpayer joins it!

After all, they're unemployed, what does it matter to them how long they spend in a supermarket queue? And the humiliation of being singled out like that might just motivate them to get off their backsides and find a job!

Remember this post, should the day ever arrive when you're having to que in the Jobcentre yourself. NO ONE is bullet proof.

HOLA4424
Was one of the flaws that taxpayers took preference at supermarket queues? Sounds good to me, in fact I think they should clean my shoes and iron my shirts for free to save my time to work more to pay more tax to pay for their food vouchers.

OK, give up? They just trade the vouchers for cash. £50 voucher = £40 cash.

These people can live off a bowl of rice and a glass of water, and live 8 to a room. The £30 left over each week gets saved to buy a house back home.

In the game of Rock-Scissors-Paper, Foreigner beats English beats... God knows.

Well done for trying though!

Oh, and what made you think they shopped in a supermarket? So unsporting of them to get their produce from a cheap supplier after trading the vouchers in the black economy. Especially since you need to feel superior in Tescos.

HOLA4425
OK, give up? They just trade the vouchers for cash. £50 voucher = £40 cash.

These people can live off a bowl of rice and a glass of water, and live 8 to a room. The £30 left over each week gets saved to buy a house back home.

In the game of Rock-Scissors-Paper, Foreigner beats English beats... God knows.

Well done for trying though!

Oh, and what made you think they shopped in a supermarket? So unsporting of them to get their produce from a cheap supplier after trading the vouchers in the black economy. Especially since you need to feel superior in Tescos.

Is it too hard to print the recipients photo on the voucher?