House Price Crash Forum

Labour At War - Tony Blair Opposes New 50 Pence Tax Rate For High Earners

HOLA441
Why should anyone bother running a business if there is no reward?

Unless you've been in business it's hard to comprehend just how much hassle is involved. Would you like to personally guarantee plant and equipment worth half a million quid a pop? I know people who have.

It's easy to paint anyone who fails in business as a loser or incompetent... not only is this very offensive it's also total rubbish.

There are huge swathes of UK PLC who had little or nothing to do with Banking or Property related activities. Not only did these companies not experience a boom they are now paying the price for some other industries stupidity.

People who run a business have a responsibility to their staff who rely on them to provide work. Without those staff there is no business. Yes its a new concept, and its going to be very fashionable. The future will be that business starts to appreciate their staff, and will pay those who are good at their jobs and support the business rather than those with nice suits and big mouths.

50% tax will encourage business to leave the money in the business rather than asset stripping the business with high wages it cannot afford so borrowing, then going under and the taxpayer which is the working classes having to pick up the tab.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

Lets not forget, it's 50% of income over 150k, not the whole whack. It's not too different to the present 40% over.... what is it these days? It used to be 40K or thereabouts.

I pay Quebec and Canada tax, I earn way less than 150k (pounds) and over half my income goes on tax and other deductions. And I get sweet FA for it (because I'm a temporary resident... pay it all in, get nothing out. Fvckin' Canadians, full of sh1t.... don't ever bother thinking about coming here, it's a sh1thole!!!)

HOLA443
... and it wouldn't affect you, so it's OK?

You evidently don't have a clue, along with all the other green eyed mouth breathers.

That's very public sector. Continue to pay the useless idiots, then claw it back in tax. Brilliant!

Then top up their wages with Tax Credits

HOLA444
On my previous salary of 42k I had nearly 2k of deductions each and every month. Those on the average salary of 25k are left with virtually nothing by the time they have paid their tax, ni, pension, transport to work, bills at home.

It is right and proper that those that have salaries of 150k should pay more into the system. Its completely wrong to exect Joe Bloggs who is now the one struggling after ten years of fiscal incompetence to pick up all the tab.

We all have a responsibility to ensure that we ourselves pay the price for this Governments incompetence as it is us the voted them in. It is wrong for us to push the burden of our bad decisions onto our children and their children in a rob peter pay paul situation that has been going on for a decade.

We pay the price, and we vote at the next elections to get someone to serve us rather than serve themselves.

Not me I didn't, I said back in 1997 it would end like this.

That's what Labour governments do, always have throughout history. Sheeple fell for the 'New' bit.

When you say you earn £42k are you saying you had £2k worth of tax and NI deductions?

Those who have £150k salaries do pay more into the system far more than somebody who earns £15k, what you fail to understand is the more you tax the less you get. That my friend is a fact. I will give you some more examples of how to avoid top rate tax should you be in any doubt.

HOLA445
People who run a business have a responsibility to their staff who rely on them to provide work. Without those staff there is no business. Yes its a new concept, and its going to be very fashionable. The future will be that business starts to appreciate their staff, and will pay those who are good at their jobs and support the business rather than those with nice suits and big mouths.

50% tax will encourage business to leave the money in the business rather than asset stripping the business with high wages it cannot afford so borrowing, then going under and the taxpayer which is the working classes having to pick up the tab.

You live in a parallel universe to the one I do.

Businesses do appreciate their staff and do pay those who are good at their jobs more than others. Businesses pay more for a whole range of unique skills etc. Why do you think I get paid more than somebody else and then why it is that others get paid more than me?

What the ****** are you on about with regards the 50% tax and businesses leaving the money in the business.........and asset stripping. Are you a plant from the Department of 'Stupid People'.

You don't have a clue about business, tax, higher earners but have some big fat chip on your shoulder and some kinda media conceived prejudice.

HOLA446
Lets not forget, it's 50% of income over 150k, not the whole whack. It's not too different to the present 40% over.... what is it these days? It used to be 40K or thereabouts.

I pay Quebec and Canada tax, I earn way less than 150k (pounds) and over half my income goes on tax and other deductions. And I get sweet FA for it (because I'm a temporary resident... pay it all in, get nothing out. Fvckin' Canadians, full of sh1t.... don't ever bother thinking about coming here, it's a sh1thole!!!)

I think you are attempting to justify the increase whilst proving the point that increasing taxes beyond their perceived fairness for value, motivates people to either not pay or leave.

If I am correct in my interpretation you have made my point very eloquently. Tax more get less..........

HOLA447

There's normally a "secret part" of the budget that we don't find out about until much later (well, it's been the case whilst Gordo's been in charge of the purse strings). I fear we've yet to uncover this year's surprise - this 50pence tax issue has been put in as a distraction I think - it's worked very well too. I doubt many of those earning 150k+ will lack the intelligence (or accountant) to avoid paying it.

HOLA448
There's normally a "secret part" of the budget that we don't find out about until much later (well, it's been the case whilst Gordo's been in charge of the purse strings). I fear we've yet to uncover this year's surprise - this 50pence tax issue has been put in as a distraction I think - it's worked very well too. I doubt many of those earning 150k+ will lack the intelligence (or accountant) to avoid paying it.

The 50p tax rate is simply party politics. The one eyed twonk needs to underpin his core support and try and portray the Tories as the party that supports the banks and bankers, thus distancing himself from the folly of his last 12 years.

HOLA449

Pretty offensive language to most small business owners.

I been there, got me T shirt and got out.

Most small business owners earn alot less in the early years of a business than if they were employed, pure fiction to suggest that they 'milk' the business, we used our 'wages' to expand the business, I never even had a car, just me works van.

Totally brassed of with the 'responsibility' of being assumed to be a fountaain of knowledge on all subjects, ie finance, employment laws, marketing, elf & safety, etc. etc.

Had a conversation with a young (30's!!) chap yesterday, kitchen fitter by trade, said he was made redundant last year so had no option to to become self employed.

Not earning as much as when he was employed, now has to provide his own vehicle and tools, etc. He has to go out in the evenings doing quotations in a very competitive market, spending alot less time with his children, he is very unhappy about the situation, but he has absolutely no other choice.

So to all them envious folks who assume that all in business got an easy ride, think again, it's b****y tough out there, with very few 'benefits' attached to being self employed, but plenty of responsibilities!

And no DSS 'benefits' if you don't earn, no work, sick, etc.

Anyone currently in employment, but considering the 'huge rewards' of being self employed, think very hard before you throw away all the security you enjoy at the moment, life is seriously not as easy as you imagine on the other side.

note, I spent 25 years building up a small business, paid all me taxes, etc. sold up and then had to pay that snot gobler GB 20% of my sale proceeds!! tax on small business is never ending.

If I could I would encourage no one to start any business under this government of no hopers, cause they will steal every legal penny and more from you.

Have a nice day, I'm off to my passion, motor racing (bikes).

RiG

HOLA4410
You don't have a clue about business, tax, higher earners but have some big fat chip on your shoulder and some kinda media conceived prejudice.

You put your finger on it there. I have made up my mind now that there is no point in engaging with such people on the issue. Back to head down and work round them.

HOLA4411
SO-

Brown totally destroys our country, then will just "get voted out in the elections..."

Some justice.

He should be facing the equivalent of war crimes and a minimum sentence of life imprisonment.

Thanks for the link

So should Tony Blair. In fact, if theres one person I dislike more than Gordon Brown, its Tony Blair.

If it were down to me, Tony Blair would be facing life imprisonment. The jury is out on Gordon Brown, but if our economy crashes much further (as a result of stupid economic policy), he would be facing a similar fate.

Of course, i'm not in charge of the UK.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
So you are not the one who is to blame? :lol::lol::lol:

Thick blitish management!

All eggs in ONE basket - nice little earner, loads of NON profit in the end!

Classic!

Yep another bitter twisted little "never had the guts to do it myself" type. Hates anyone else to try (hey and fail at times) and loves it when the boss gets his comeuppance. Stands outside the Porche showrooms (always looking in of course) whispering "bastards" beneath his breath. But happy to take the welfare check that the real taxpayers provide. Yep that's him.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
I have always paid my way in life and am happy to pay my part towards the public purse, infrastructure, and the well being of the community....No way do I want to pay this governments unauthorised overdraft and expenses bill. :ph34r:

And there you have it. A lot of us are like you. This is some of my list.

Old Age Pensioners-No problem- give em enough to live in dignity.

Our children-the best education we can afford.

Our genuinely sick-the best healthcare and benefits we can.

Illegal Immigrants-feck all but a ticket back.

Workshy-A paycheck when they have done something that we already pay some fecker to do (out of taxes). Something like decorating an OAP's home, cutting their grass etc. You then get your giro. Clinton did it (and he's a Democrat)-oh I forgot the Public Sector Unions wouldn't like it-tough sh!t.

Short Memo to all Public Sector Workers/Unions- we are feckin skint and that means you feckers as well. It's called "pitchin in".

Anybody's free to add to the list.