House Price Crash Forum

Long Term Hpcer Has Ditched Str And Bought A House!

markyh

HOLA441
Guest Daddy Bear
Buying 2 houses instead of 1 is doubling the purchasing power of my cash

Not going to happen mate.

Unless you buy a couple of 2 bed flats in Leeds !

You might even get 3 or 4 instead of 1 at the peak.

If you hold a lot of cash prepare for a shock to the system in the near future.

Don't take my advice. GB and Ben Barnacle say no risk of inflation - its only going to be deflation. I'm sure they will be right. :o

Would they lie to you ? :lol:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
it would take to long right now.

I have covered everything before, if I thought you were serious I would take the time, but I know you're not.

summarised:

UK's personal & public debt are horrendous, capita per person far exceeds the US

UK GDP is mainly made up of selling property to each other at vastly inflated prices

UK PLC is broken

The FTSE has lost over 50% of it's value, the knock on effects on the UK's wealth via pension & investments will be horrendous.

The FTSE still has a long way to fall

The vast majority of World businesses will no longer see London as a place to invest or do business through because the alck of monetary controls will be reversed & it will be very difficult to use tax evasion as a reason for using the FTSE & Londinium Town

Uk infrastructure is broken

We import far more than we export

Due to lack of immigration controls we have a european workforce that will work for far less than the minimum wage

Sterling is massively overvalued & we are in a currency crisis right now, sterling is toast.

Unemployment will be 10 million by 2012 based on the above facts

The housing market has been primarily driven on cheap credit borne from Asia & has spiralled out of control

This vastly over inflated housing market has been sentiment driven for over a decade, this sentiment has now been reversed, causing massive drops for years.

These are the areas yet to unravel:

credit card industry

bond market (uh oh)

PFI

There is a lot more to discuss on this & we have been discussing this stuff for a couple of years. I have learnt so much, you need to start learning.

The UK is completely & utterley fooked, you & people like you just don't realise what a serious situation this is.

But you will find out & you will NEVER forget it.

Mark my Words. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

just thought I would bump this so that you all stop focusing on house prices & start to understand what's headed your way.

sleep well tonight. :ph34r:

HOLA443

Forget the doomsayers - well done!

Wow, such an amount you racked up when you sold your first place - that sort of money is unbelievable - I'd have to work for years to get that much pre-tax....! I don't think we'll see easy money like that for a while!

Anyway the place looks great and as has been said, life is about more than money...... be happy and enjoy it :)

P.S. I have little clue when it comes to all this gold talk but that site you pointed out looks interesting... any hints/tips/words of wisdom?

HOLA444
Guest Daddy Bear
QUOTE (grumpy-old-man-returns @ Feb 27 2009, 03:14 PM) *

it would take to long right now.

I have covered everything before, if I thought you were serious I would take the time, but I know you're not.

summarised:

UK's personal & public debt are horrendous, capita per person far exceeds the US

UK GDP is mainly made up of selling property to each other at vastly inflated prices

UK PLC is broken

The FTSE has lost over 50% of it's value, the knock on effects on the UK's wealth via pension & investments will be horrendous.

The FTSE still has a long way to fall

The vast majority of World businesses will no longer see London as a place to invest or do business through because the alck of monetary controls will be reversed & it will be very difficult to use tax evasion as a reason for using the FTSE & Londinium Town

Uk infrastructure is broken

We import far more than we export

Due to lack of immigration controls we have a european workforce that will work for far less than the minimum wage

Sterling is massively overvalued & we are in a currency crisis right now, sterling is toast.

Unemployment will be 10 million by 2012 based on the above facts

The housing market has been primarily driven on cheap credit borne from Asia & has spiralled out of control

This vastly over inflated housing market has been sentiment driven for over a decade, this sentiment has now been reversed, causing massive drops for years.

These are the areas yet to unravel:

credit card industry

bond market (uh oh)

PFI

There is a lot more to discuss on this & we have been discussing this stuff for a couple of years. I have learnt so much, you need to start learning.

The UK is completely & utterley fooked, you & people like you just don't realise what a serious situation this is.

Mark my Words.

And there you have it in a nutshell

Cash Holders - get a roof over your head asap and bed down for a nasty few years of your future.

The time for squeezing the last 20-30% out of HPC is over. Bigger fish to be fried in this financial world.

There's alot more GOM could add to his post regarding other serious shit but it's late and there is ample there to realise Globally the world is ******ed.

Not long now

HOLA445
HOLA446
And there you have it in a nutshell

Cash Holders - get a roof over your head asap and bed down for a nasty few years of your future.

The time for squeezing the last 20-30% out of HPC is over. Bigger fish to be fried in this financial world.

There's alot more GOM could add to his post regarding other serious shit but it's late and there is ample there to realise Globally the world is ******ed.

Not long now

yep, it's 11:59:59 I reckon.

Like your sig btw Daddy Bear. :)

edited to add, I remember you also predicting this stuff since 2007.

Edited by grumpy-old-man-returns

HOLA447
Hi Markyh.

It looks like a brand new house.

What are you going to do for entertainment if there aren't any letters for other people to open?

Party with the housing association tenants next door? :lol:

Markyh, don't forget to do a very thorough snag list when you move in. End of year bonus in December, means many jobs are rushed and may be unsatisfactory, by all the trades. I've met clients whose lists numbered into the hundreds, research it. Once they have your money, you are then placed at the back of the line for customer satisfaction.

Two years of no quibble problem rectification? Whatever. . . Remedials, remedials, remedials. Good luck, just don't take a spirit level, a tape measure, and use bright light to look around!

HOLA448
HOLA449

Excellent post, grumpy old man!

Scary stuff... I fully expect there to be few engineering jobs for me when I finish my doctorate in 2 years & 8 months... so I'm saving like a bitch in heat (if they save, that is lol...) and just crossing my fingers. My my, how the greed of a few has brought everybody down - unforgivable.

HOLA4410
Forget the doomsayers - well done!

Wow, such an amount you racked up when you sold your first place - that sort of money is unbelievable - I'd have to work for years to get that much pre-tax....! I don't think we'll see easy money like that for a while!

Anyway the place looks great and as has been said, life is about more than money...... be happy and enjoy it :)

P.S. I have little clue when it comes to all this gold talk but that site you pointed out looks interesting... any hints/tips/words of wisdom?

Excellent post, grumpy old man!

Scary stuff... I fully expect there to be few engineering jobs for me when I finish my doctorate in 2 years & 8 months... so I'm saving like a bitch in heat (if they save, that is lol...) and just crossing my fingers. My my, how the greed of a few has brought everybody down - unforgivable.

did I misunderstand you first post as I thought you were having a pop at my earlier post ?

no problems if you were, we are all entitled to our opinions, you just confused me a bit ??

HOLA4411

My doomsayer bit was about the folks who never have anything good to say when somebody here makes a half decent offer on a place - those who pick it apart and try to make the OP miserable. It's just bullying - I never read many of the earlier posts - I was talking about your latest one... the summary of the economic situation. :)

HOLA4412
Crystal clear now, thanks, you could also put a pool in as well for the kids :lol:

I wish. not that big. house foot print is 9.1m x 6m , so 144m2 total over three floors. Garden behind it is 9.1m x 11m, all in a rectangle. so total land size is 9.1m x 17.5m = 159m2 + carport = 3m x 10m so 30m2, so in total plot size is 189m2.

Traditionaly in self build uk houses and quoted as total useable ft2 floorspace on all floors. This is how the conveyencer has put it on the valuation paperwork but in m2. You discount any floor space under 1.4m ceiling height as this is considered "unusable" hence the 144m2 "house size". the top floor has left total "useable space because of the eves on two sides of each room.

In eupope and the US they always quote house size using this formula. makes life a lot easier. In the UK we are always fixated with how many rooms it has, hot how big they are.

I think this is a long term EA marketing trick ingrained on us to make it hard to compare properites "like for like" in terms of size.

M

HOLA4413
My doomsayer bit was about the folks who never have anything good to say when somebody here makes a half decent offer on a place - those who pick it apart and try to make the OP miserable. It's just bullying - I never read many of the earlier posts - I was talking about your latest one... the summary of the economic situation. :)

good, don't read them. :unsure:

:D

ps thomasross pending PHD- nice to see someone doing a useful qualification instead of those fooken useless business/media degrees. No offence to business/media peeps, but you are mainly all fooken useless, let's be honest now.

I'm sure DYIV would have some great comments as I reckon it will be a big bugbear of his. ;)

HOLA4414

Well Said.

The doom mongers are getting tiresome, and you're right, it is starting to verge on bullying, especially towards new posters in the regional boards.

Most people are here to figure out when to buy a house.

That time will be different for every person, in every market, and is not just about the absolute lowest price.

Sometimes, theres more to life than money.

HOLA4415
From my post 67 ,

"Garden is ok though for a new build, I would say it is within the top ten size of any of the gardens on this site, even including the big 200m five beds. 105m2 garden 11m x 9.1m for a 144n2 house. Not too bad by todays standards."

M

36" x 30" a bit small for my taste..its the land what's expensive not the house..but if it is enough for you...enjoy ;)

HOLA4416
Tuff one but we plan to try to child no 2 this summer so I really need the best rate security until both kids are in state paid childcare, oh sorry, i mean school. All going well this should be five years time.

So as I said before if in 09 / 10 it is possible to five year fix at 2.99% or less i will grab it. If we get to five years time and fixes have not fallen below 4% and BR is sticking around 0% to 2.5% , aka Japan, then at that point I will switch to the lowest BRT i can becasue once we have both kids in school we wont have £800 pcm per child nursery costs we have now!!!

Yes, £800 is the rough PCM cost per child of five day 9-5 care in Aylesbury to enable both parents to work full time.

M

I found a very, very good childminder for my two, they loved her to bits.(still do) Cosiderably cheaper and a bit more like homecare, but depends how you feel about it.

Good luck with the new home. Enjoy.

HOLA4417
Party with the housing association tenants next door? :lol:

Unfortunately possibly yes, I wondered when someone would pick this up. But I am flanked but private houses confirmed by the sales girls as we are all completing in March sometime.

You cant get away from this now on ANY new development of 15 houses or over. Its law. 25% minimum must be social housing, and the social housing mix must be at least 50/50 rented vs part own part rent.

Also, the social housing part can not be put into blocks of more than 15 properites. Otherwise the developers will put the 25% HA stock into one cormer and put a wall around it to keep it away from the 75% more valuable "provate part of the estate.

How do i know this? Remember my retired local government employee dad? He spent 40 years in a bucks councils planning depts and only retired last year.

But..........I come from a council house background (ok Tring is a nice place to have had council housing, very expensive herts town) but my mum is still in the same council house, since 1977 now. and my dad is in HA flat, ok, also a posh town around Amersham, but still HA.

No trouble ever. Like i said, HA people in SE are not always the same as HA in big towns and cities. Most see it as a way of cheap affordalbe housing so they can have an ok job and still live a nice life with money in their pockets.

HOLA4418
Well Said.

The doom mongers are getting tiresome, and you're right, it is starting to verge on bullying, especially towards new posters in the regional boards.

Most people are here to figure out when to buy a house.

That time will be different for every person, in every market, and is not just about the absolute lowest price.

Sometimes, theres more to life than money.

ok fair enough.

But most people take on a 25 year debt with a 1 year plan.

It's ALL about historical cycles & where you are in those cycles.

This WILL be life changing you know, for you & ALL you family.

HOLA4419
I'm happy to add myself to the long list of congratulatees. You certainly suckered me into looking at the Rightprice listing which (magically!) increased in value by £10,000 overnight. Thank you for revealing how EAs monitor Rightmove and adjust their prices accordingly.

Some factors you may like to think about...

The supply of Polish child-minders preapred to accept your low-cost childcare proposition is likely to dry up pretty shortly (something to do with the UK economy being fooked up, I believe).

All those white goods you've bargained into the deal will break down and you'll wonder why you were ever conned into shelling out £10k for them in the first place.

Interest rates may rise to 16% or more. Good luck in arranging your fix, as those days arrive.

Well, I know one or two EAs who are in the hydraulics / pneumatics business...

Enjoy your new home, markyh - all those fish eye photos left me feeling a bit dazed.

What.........let me get this straight........you are calling me a Troll EA. FFS. So lets see, a new poster who only joined in Jan 09 is calling a EA Troll post on a HPC veteran been here since Oct 2005 when "We" as a collective group and website back then where laughed at as being idiots who new nothing, HPI will continue forever, because HPI was still 10% yoy but because by spending a lot of time listening to my HPC peers, watching the market, actively participating in a website for 4 years, making the right STR timing and investemnts, and the choice to jump back in now the deals can be done you doubt my story??

What am I then? the back to the future EA Troll who has travelled back to 2005 create an account on a website that will not registar on 99% of the sheeple publics radar until 2008 to then invent a story in Q1 09 about buying a house at 30% below peak price and 10% below current asking price to drag the sheeple back into the Market?

You twit! no damn PC post system . It was You T.W.A.T.

Edited by markyh

HOLA4420
I wish. not that big. house foot print is 9.1m x 6m , so 144m2 total over three floors. Garden behind it is 9.1m x 11m, all in a rectangle. so total land size is 9.1m x 17.5m = 159m2 + carport = 3m x 10m so 30m2, so in total plot size is 189m2.

Traditionaly in self build uk houses and quoted as total useable ft2 floorspace on all floors. This is how the conveyencer has put it on the valuation paperwork but in m2. You discount any floor space under 1.4m ceiling height as this is considered "unusable" hence the 144m2 "house size". the top floor has left total "useable space because of the eves on two sides of each room.

In eupope and the US they always quote house size using this formula. makes life a lot easier. In the UK we are always fixated with how many rooms it has, hot how big they are.

I think this is a long term EA marketing trick ingrained on us to make it hard to compare properites "like for like" in terms of size.

M

You could put a 7 x 4 pool in, thats big enough for diving into and doing laps....heated by the local gasworks... Me myself I am a 14ft ceiling guy, all throughout.

Understand what you are saying about ceiling height and the practice of not talking about house and land size in the UK in order to muddy the punter valuation waters. There is one fraternity though, in the UK that do work on land and livable floor space though, the valuers. Overtime land value appreciates and buildings depreciate.

HOLA4421
Guest Daddy Bear
What.........let me get this straight........you are calling me a Troll EA. FFS. So lets see, a new poster who only joined in Jan 09 is calling a EA Troll post on a HPC veteran been here since Oct 2005 when "We" as a collective group and website back then where laughed at as being idiots who new nothing, HPI will continue forever, because HPI was still 10% yoy but because by spending a lot of time listening to my HPC peers, watching the market, actively participating in a website for 4 years, making the right STR timing and investemnts, and the choice to jump back in now the deals can be done you doubt my story??

What am I then? the back to the future EA Troll who has travelled back to 2005 create an account on a website that will not registar on 99% of the sheeple publics radar until 2008 to then invent a story in Q1 09 about buying a house at 30% below peak price and 10% below current asking price to drag the sheeple back into the Market?

You twit! no damn PC post system . It was You T.W.A.T.

Well said MarkyH

These people who have come late to the party will always be a coule of years behind in their thoughts and actions.

Buying at 30% below peak (wrt your personal situ) makes perfect sense.

I will proffer one bit of advice.

Get a 10 Year fix on your mortgage <5% and pay it down within the peiod.

Whats the deal on your tracker - commitment etc?

DB

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Whats the deal on your tracker - commitment etc?

DB

The First direct HSBC is a dozzy. 1.49% over base no lower floor, It's for life, not 2 or 5 years, no tie ins at all and only had a £600 fee. I thought it was ok product considering what my HPC peers advised in November about IR dropping to 0% by mid 09 ( you listening mr butman poster joined jan 09 , yes i consider what these guys say in November 08 before making any offer).

I will watch for the BR to ht 0% then watch for the climbs. If libor drops enough I hoping for around 3% five or 10 year fixes to appear for those with high LTV. If they appear and I still qualify I will grab one but i'm not going to panic into a 5% 10 year fix yet.

why would I do that?

Edited by markyh

HOLA4425