House Price Crash Forum

Long Term Hpcer Has Ditched Str And Bought A House!

markyh

HOLA441
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA444

Hi Gang,

Just a quick update to my "Exchanged" thread about a month ago. MarkyH & Family completed on the 19/3/09 and are all moved in a keys handed back to letting agent on the old place.

The space in a 2 1/2 story five bed house is amazing compared to the two bed we owned and three beds we rented. Very happy being and OO again, mortgage and council tax combined are cheaper than the rent alone on the three beds we had the last 18 months.

And we can put shelves up, paint, change stuff............oh the reief from the grief from the wife I got about that under an AST.

Anyway, this is no lie but although the estate is still only 35% built looking at the building activity going on since we moved in things are going at about 75% of 2006 build rate again, and the on chatting with the chief builder and sales girl at the desnag meeting on Saturday they are selling plots "unbuilt" again since Feb.

Certainly upon walking around Sunday "every" house that was unsold and sitting as a completed shell in Oct / Nov /Dec 08 are all now 100% sold and at least 60% occupied. Our neighbours complete and move in tomorrow.

So draw what conclusions about that you will.

Have to go now as BT are crap at getting phone lines into newly completed houses, something about having to be on royal mails system before they can connect the line so I still braodband and landlineless.

Typing this on maccy D's wifi wife the wifes laptop!!!

Will catch up with replies in a bout a week assuming BT get me to at lease dial up stage!! So no "not replying eh" comments. Im in the dark! Now to hunt out the Nationwide figures for March. Oh the suspense.

M