House Price Crash Forum

The Smell Of Fear Is In The Air Today........

HOLA441
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Thats a mighty strong statement there. NO jobs. NO job creation.

Incorrect though. Morrisons just announced 5000 new jobs today.......

Which probably will lead to 10,000 job losses among general stores, local butchers and bakers and many other shops you see on every high street.

Supermarkets do not create wealth.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

No government has any money, because no government creates wealth. They are merely vehicles for the distribution of wealth, they can have different names, capitalist, communist, anarchist, but they all perform the same function. Take the wealth from the productive and give it to the non-productive. Government has always been a fundamental problem for any society.

HOLA447
No government has any money, because no government creates wealth. They are merely vehicles for the distribution of wealth, they can have different names, capitalist, communist, anarchist, but they all perform the same function. Take the wealth from the productive and give it to the non-productive. Government has always been a fundamental problem for any society.

Government should stay out of the free market economy. The problem is: our electoral system gives the blighters every incentive to stick their ruddy noses in.

HOLA448
There is now serious and credible discussion, and indeed even some supporting actions, of implementing government guaranteed mortgage securitised products (debt), quantitative easing, state guaranteed (debt) business lending, the Crosby report, etc. As well as direct government purchase of distressed bond assets (debt) , govt purchase of repossesed houses (debt) has been floated just this week to "put a hard floor under prices" and "address the core problem (!!! debt ????) ", and the creation of a 'bad bank' (debt) to suck all the toxic debt out of the system has not only been suggested, but also has some precedence where it has worked elsewhere.

Can you spot the problems with these strategies? Hint: Government (i.e. our, our children's, and grandchildren's) (debt)

HOLA449

cough!!splutter!!.....are you for real?

30,000 jobs went just with woolies....so If a supermarket anounces it is creating 5000 part time minumum wage sh1tey jobs once in a blue moon..that will cover it, woohoo we are saved....

Seriously I don't know what it is you are so scared of losing but...just except it, it is only money.

HOLA4410
cough!!splutter!!.....are you for real?

30,000 jobs went just with woolies....so If a supermarket anounces it is creating 5000 part time minumum wage sh1tey jobs once in a blue moon..that will cover it, woohoo we are saved....

Seriously I don't know what it is you are so scared of losing but...

Just being pedantic.

just except it, it is only money.

I take it you mean accept?

Oops, there I go again. :rolleyes:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
I'm looking forward to the 90% employment, up from 74% currently.

Also the return of MEW from the 100Billion that will go back into the economy, along with rising house prices.

This is going to be the shortest recession ever, people must be spending money right now because by the end of 2009 we

are coming out again, taxes will be creaming off the massive consumer spending, VAT will shoot back up.

:lol:

Damn - thought it was you!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I know, even so I do believe we are in an era where no net new jobs will be created. There are endless pointless jobs and a load more if you thought carefully about automation you could render obsolete.

Go into a new format Sainsburys and see how many self-scan checkouts they're putting in now. Supermarkets will only shed jobs from now on. Creating jobs press releases gets your brand in the news.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
credit rationing?

Priceless!

Credit rationing wasnt the cause, the cause was globilisation and competition, while at the same time importing deflation, leading to a surplus in wealth which looked for other areas such as housing then inflating the housing market passing the point of individual wealth leading to borrowing on huge scales to make up the difference to what one earned, as companies tried to max shareholder value and not taking into account stakeholders value refering to local workforce and other local companies supplies driving down the prices leading supplies etc.. looking for other avenues of balancing their accounts via debt while trying to compete in the boom with the idea of expansion inorder to get one over on other companies. this lead to ever increasing levels of debt by consumers and companies, they just couldnt cope leading to various companies going bust which in turn will lead to others as they depended on others running up debt. these lead to alarm bells ringing is various banks so the credit was cut off knowing full well of high loses.

So the theory might be sound the reality is some what different in practice, if you really think this is coming to an end i can tell you its not, far from it, its just going to get worse, as the printing press kick off surplus countries will want to stop trading as knowing full well the wealth established over 20 years will diminish leaving them worse off, infact wiping their wealth of the map and pushing them back 10 years.

All in all it was a synchronised debt boom expansion, competition combined with globalisation were the main drivers not house prices, house prices just became another cause of the main drivers, lead to other problems.

What do you think would happen if rates were low, cpi low yet printing of money high? its a recipt for a big brown mess.

Edited by crash2006

HOLA4425