House Price Crash Forum

Ration Books On Their Way?

Traktion

HOLA441

My wife saw this posted on a local Facebook group:

Castlewellan CountyDown

It has come to my attention that a Printing Firm in Newry Co, Down has been issued with a request to print hundreds of thousands of RATION BOOKS!!!! im sure that there are some printing firms from Newry on the Castlewellan CountyDown friends list that may know whats going on, or anyone from the Newry area..? This information has come from a Government source in England... This seems to be painting a bad picture as im sure this printing contract is not for overseas... Are in for bad times.....???? has anyone any answer??????

It's probably nothing, but... :ph34r:

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I would suspect the Government would keep an amount of these ready at any time. 'Just in case'

If there is any sort of strike action or other natural disaster it may become necessary to distribute these quickly and no doubt they would not want to be faffing about printing them then.

Back in the Fuel protests in 2000 I worked in Safeway's distribution. The Supermarkets were 2 days away from empty shelves, army (fuel) delivery drivers were being silently positioned and I suspect whatever ration paperwork they had at that time moves into the National distribution network.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Maybe preparing for the general strikes?

It also might be the equivalent of food stamps, especially if they are thinking of slashing benefits.

Is very probably the correct answer.......

We all know the economy is about to go to hell in a handcart and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. The deficit reduction targets will be missed by a mile.

What is the easiest way for a Government to reduce its spending?

The only real question is what benefits are they going to go after?

HOLA4411

My wife saw this posted on a local Facebook group:

It's probably nothing, but... :ph34r:

Let someone copy the content of these ration books and post it on here with a proper explanation.

It is quite possible for this crisis to cause food shortages. It will stop the people getting so fat and reduce obesity costs to the NHS? Perhaps that's the plan....unless you are part of the super rich. Downton Abbey will open its doors to the hungry and serve fine dining or cream teas to the rich in the room opposite?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4421

How do ration books work? Genuine question, i assume you still pay for the food etc, but the ration book entitles you to a specific quantity.

What stops the retailers hiking the prices?

Restaurants were exempt from rationing ... but you were limited to only 16 quails eggs and only one lobster per meal. (Ok it was two courses only or something)

Archived