House Price Crash Forum

David Miliband Paid £70,000 For Just Three Days' Work Advising Venture Capitalists Investing In 'green' Technology

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2106313/David-Miliband-paid-70-000-just-days-work-advising-venture-capitalists-investing-green-technology.html

David Miliband earned a staggering £20,000 a day as an adviser for a company investing in green technology, it has been revealed.

The former Foreign Secretary was paid £70,000 for just three-and-a-half days spent working for VantagePoint CleanTech in California.

The post with the American venture capitalists is the latest in a series of lucrative part-time positions Mr Miliband has taken up since being beaten by his brother in the Labour leadership contest.

Wow, I wonder what brilliant advice he gave for £20k a day!

A 3.5 day working year sounds great to me. We could really get the consumer economy booming if more people had work like this.

I do hope he's doing what's right and spending the money in the UK economy to get the growth we desperately need.

HOLA442

http://www.dailymail...technology.html

Wow, I wonder what brilliant advice he gave for £20k a day!

A 3.5 day working year sounds great to me. We could really get the consumer economy booming if more people had work like this.

I do hope he's doing what's right and spending the money in the UK economy to get the growth we desperately need.

Getting access to the right people in government I guess.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Exactly. I'm sure this case is totally above board. :-)

However I hear that very rarely business can pay for more access than the rest of us. Asynchronous payment. It's not a bribe if you pay someone for their "in depth experience" and then everyone walks away. Then later when you need a favour that's "completely unrelated" you can rely on your good friend <insert_politician_here/>.

HOLA445

Yep- it's a safe bet that David Milliband will have some pull in any future labour government- and it probably cheaper to buy him now than it will be then- just a business investment on their part.

Soon we'll have the same situation as the US- where they have the best government money can buy.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

My head wants to explode!

When stuff like this goes on with non-entities such as DM you soon realise that the world is fundamentally perverse. They take money, shape laws, then get rewarded when they move on.

We should all be doing politics and economics degrees.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

a little probing.

this company is the owner of about 50 hi-tec and enviro type and security product companies based all over the world. its a private company with over 4 billion invested, no idea who the backers are.

they have only one company in the uk

SolarCentury

SolarCentury is Europe’s leading building integrated solar company, with commercial installations generating 9.5 MW of electricity every year.

London, England

do you think milliband was givig 70k to push to stop the removal of solar subsidies or push solar power in the uk???

i took a look at solarcentury

the supply schools and the public sector

just now they have a campaign on their website

SIGN NOW - Ask David Cameron to back solar

Our second legal victory is great news, but the Government looks set to appeal once more.

To avoid delay and more uncertainty, FoE is calling for Cameron to accept the ruling and get on with creating solar jobs.

HOLA4413

the reason they hired him was

He was recruited to advise the company's investment team on international opportunities and policy innovations.

how the f%$^ would he know more than the companies investment team about the companies own products lol. This is theft and robbery and cheating, its just so hard to prove this fact, allways watered down as a consultant or advisor, load of sh%^ he knows nothing of what this company is about or can achieve and certainly after 3 days ill advised to suggest anything to them.

he has been paid to push their products in parliment and the civil service ect.

and you milliband can sue me for calling you a thief and cheat and scumbag if you want.

see you in court

Edited by homeless

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Exactly. I'm sure this case is totally above board. :-)

However I hear that very rarely business can pay for more access than the rest of us. Asynchronous payment. It's not a bribe if you pay someone for their "in depth experience" and then everyone walks away. Then later when you need a favour that's "completely unrelated" you can rely on your good friend <insert_politician_here/>.

Wot like hinting at semi-secret Uk Govt "future plans" so the 'old boy' network can vulturise and buy into companies that would profit and grow from these future policies?

Just like Worlds Billionaires flooded into funding early fledgling Solar companies (that were falsely supported with Trillions of Taxpayer Dollars/Pounds pushing shares right up! B)

When the Govt "False Subsidy" support was withdrawn - the solar scammers immediately went bust

Bit of light thrown on that obvious 'Greeny' scam (snotcricket or a level playing field)

Edited by erranta

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Seems Ken Livingstone is also quite adept at saying one thing and doing another.

Has squirrelled earnings away in the PLC where he and his wife own 100% of the shares to avoid tax at the higher rate. Yet goes on radio and the TV berating others who do the same.

Ken Livingstone, who has attacked tax avoiders as “rich b-------” who should “not be allowed to vote”, has avoided at least £50,000 in tax by having himself paid through a personal company.

HOLA4422