House Price Crash Forum

I Despair - Mse Fools, Christmas Tat And The Kyle Underclass

HOLA441

We're breeding a nation of uneducated serfs aren't we?

Deluded into taking out 'Payday' loans to buy Chinese tat to keep little Kayleigh and Ryan happy, whilst getting off of their faces on cheap booze. MSE is awash with them, needing a loan to pay off their existing loans and thinking that 'APR' means 'April'.

A class of people, and there are millions of them, who know the benefits system inside out but think Iceland is primarily a shop and not a country.

These people are the types who come out with garbage like "If you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear", and will be enslaved by, and depedant on the state from cradle to grave. They're born, they breed, they die. They contribute nothing other than the occasional appearance on modern day freak shows like Kyle and Trisha.

We might just as well go into full Matrix mode, sedate them, and use them as Duracells.

I despair.

***Edited for typo***

Edited by hedgefunded

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Deluded into taking out 'Payday' loans to buy Chinese tat to keep little Kayleigh and Ryan happy, whilst getting off of their faces on cheap booze. MSE is awash with them, needing a loan to pay off their existing loans and thinking that 'APR' means 'April'.

A class of people, and there are millions of them, who know the benefits system inside out but think Iceland is primarily a shop and not a country.

These people are the types who come out with garbage like "If you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear", and will be enslaved by, and depedant on the state from cradle to grave. They're born, they breed, they die. They contribute nothing other than the occasional appearance on modern day reak shows like Kyle and Trisha.

We might just as well go into full Matrix mode, sedate them, and use them as Duracells.

I despair.

Hi hedgefunded, did you have a good weekend? :rolleyes:

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

These people are the types who come out with garbage like "If you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear", and will be enslaved by, and depedant on the state from cradle to grave. They're born, they breed, they die. They contribute nothing other than the occasional appearance on modern day reak shows like Kyle and Trisha.

I despair.

Which particular thread over there sparked you off?

You are correct, of course.

HOLA447

Indeed we are, it's not only the banks and government that are zombie, it's the people too. Lurching from one TV reality show to the next, living pay-check to pay-check, but they have a god to look up to, Martin Clueless of Money Saving Eejit.

HOLA448

On the other hand - you can't be a debt slave if you never bother paying back what you owe! B)

Our chav class is sitting pretty. They take credit and don't repay. They break the law and don't get punished. They drive without tax or insurance. They breed with no thought of how they will support their offspring. They get housed and fed whatever they do. They lead lives dominated by TV, booze, "rights" and petty feuds with other chavs.

They are perpetual childen of a paternal state.

HOLA449

They breed with no thought of how they will support their offspring. They get housed and fed whatever they do.

Gonna make great telly when this is all suddenly taken from them - govt. policy or state failure* will do this one way or another.

Glad I don't live on one of those mixes HA estates TBH.

*To be clear - not collapse just inability to maintain benefit payments.

Edited by xux42

HOLA4410

Watching people at work yesterday gravitate to the telly as X Fartor started, silently without any hesitation they drift in to the TV lounge as it starts and sit glued like gormless cult victims or characters from Children of the Damned listening to a "broadcast". The level of mental attachment to the vacuous in this country is scary, the central controlers have done their work well.

HOLA4411

On the other hand - you can't be a debt slave if you never bother paying back what you owe! B)

Our chav class is sitting pretty. They take credit and don't repay. They break the law and don't get punished. They drive without tax or insurance. They breed with no thought of how they will support their offspring. They get housed and fed whatever they do. They lead lives dominated by TV, booze, "rights" and petty feuds with other chavs.

They are perpetual childen of a paternal state.

Quite a succinct summary of a large section of the population. The question is "How long can this continue?".

It's all very well saying that the state can't afford to support a bunch of freeloading deadweights but the facts are that this situation had been rumbling along for well over a decade, it's been a long time since government revenue covered expenditure. Who's to say it can't go on for a few more years yet?

And the only way I can see it ending is with an all out state implosion, where we'll all be screwed.

HOLA4412

So your saying APR doesn't mean April!!!!

Nobody told me I'd have to pay it back. I thought they were giving me the money free.

That bright house ad makes me want to go and protest outside their shops "expensive tat on tick"

Sadly stupid people don't realise they are stupid though.

HOLA4413

I despair.

It's the Sun wot won it.

HOLA4414

Watching people at work yesterday gravitate to the telly as X Fartor started, silently without any hesitation they drift in to the TV lounge as it starts and sit glued like gormless cult victims or characters from Children of the Damned listening to a "broadcast". The level of mental attachment to the vacuous in this country is scary, the central controlers have done their work well.

Television has always relied on the lowest common denominator.And the ITV has officially admitted to that.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

We are in a situation quite similar to the Fall of Rome. Back then the key prize was "Roman Citizenship". Most Romans were born with it - but you could earn it by spending 20 years in a legion (or by making the right payments to the right official.)

At least half the inhabitants of Rome were unemployed. They lived for their Bread and Circuses. Food handouts kept them fed - handouts from the patrician class rather than the state itself, and the games in the arena kept them entertained. (One of the key perks of watching Christians kill some elephants is you got to eat the elephants afterwards!)

These were paid for by rich citizens buying votes. You were nobody if you couldn't pack the arena with Christians and exotic animals.

The wealth of the empire came from foreigners, tribute from conquered nations. Serious work was done by slaves.

And as history records - Rome fell and there was a thousand year dark age.

HOLA4417

Human power-to-weight ratio isn't really comparable to Lithium Ion.

My suggestion is just to strap carts directly to the backs of humans and get them running. Would solve the fuel crisis in this country. Death through starvation and overwork would be no worse. Mustn't grumble, etc, etc.

Edited by AvidFan

HOLA4418

I was listening to something on Radio 4 on Saturday, can't remember the show. It was about the major 'luxury' fashion houses doing 'designer' lines for the high street and supermarkets. When they asked a crop of shoppers about the designer items they all mentioned that they thought the now cheap designer tat was 'quality' and they would expect to pay £2000 for it if it was in the designer's shop. This was all at a shopping event where a credit card company had set up an outside stall giving out free bags (and credit cards too no doubt). Utterly stupid. rather than the con trick being revealed, it was perpetuated. Thankfully, at least the presenter sounded cynical.

HOLA4419

We are in a situation quite similar to the Fall of Rome. Back then the key prize was "Roman Citizenship". Most Romans were born with it - but you could earn it by spending 20 years in a legion (or by making the right payments to the right official.)

At least half the inhabitants of Rome were unemployed. They lived for their Bread and Circuses. Food handouts kept them fed - handouts from the patrician class rather than the state itself, and the games in the arena kept them entertained. (One of the key perks of watching Christians kill some elephants is you got to eat the elephants afterwards!)

These were paid for by rich citizens buying votes. You were nobody if you couldn't pack the arena with Christians and exotic animals.

The wealth of the empire came from foreigners, tribute from conquered nations. Serious work was done by slaves.

And as history records - Rome fell and there was a thousand year dark age.

Much like Dubai now?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I think we could make a lot of progress targeting chavs and scallies breeding more chav and scallies. That's where a lot of problems are. They wouldn't need so many benefits and cause so many problems for themselves more than anyone not to mention other people.

Edited by cica

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Right - so when in history was it different?

Obviously there have always been plebs. The difference now is that since the late 1960s any moral hazard has been removed from their lives because the welfare system, courts etc no longer makes any connection between how they live their lives and what benefits they receive.

The problem is worsening because those least able to raise children to be productive members of society are being encouraged via financial incentives to have more children than those who are most able, in effect, the state is practicing a huge inverse eugenics programme. But, as we have seen, any public figure that points this out is immediately silenced.

The only small consolation is what Orwell wrote in '1984', 'if there is hope, it lies in the proles'; ie, the idea that people who don't give a toss about authority are the ones that keep freedom alive. I'm not sure if this is true any more though - I think welfarism has sedated them.