House Price Crash Forum

Darling Says Hpi Due To Lack Of Supply

Ponzi

HOLA441

Just heard the interview on Today - 0810 with Attack Dog Humphries who at last wasn't going to let it lie about rampant HPI. Came right at the end of the interview.

I frightened the Ponzi household by my shouting....if Darling believes it's supply and demand then there really is no hope.

Beeb Radio 4 Today link key words 8.10 hrs

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Just heard the interview on Today - 0810 with Attack Dog Humphries who at last wasn't going to let it lie about rampant HPI. Came right at the end of the interview.

I frightened the Ponzi household by my shouting....if Darling believes it's supply and demand then there really is no hope.

Beeb Radio 4 Today link key words 8.10 hrs

Was listening to that interview on the way to work. I thought JH did a pretty good job of laying the blame squarely with Gordon, almost being forgiving to Darling the fall guy.

I was expecting the media to be fawning over Labour, but looking at today's frontpages and the broadcast media, the message that we are going to be taxed to ****** for a very long time indeed is quite, quite clear.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Was listening to that interview on the way to work. I thought JH did a pretty good job of laying the blame squarely with Gordon, almost being forgiving to Darling the fall guy.

I was expecting the media to be fawning over Labour, but looking at today's frontpages and the broadcast media, the message that we are going to be taxed to ****** for a very long time indeed is quite, quite clear.

Dont forget most of the media lose out due to the 45% rate and other changes.They wont be happy.plus most were in the BTL game.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Virtually nothing is ever said about the fact that the decade of miracles occured simply because Brown road the GLOBAL wave of irresponsible debt expansion that allowed houise prices to get out of control. What was going on in America was going on here only more so--our debt fuelled housing bubble is much larger than the US in the sense that our entire market is a bubble whereas the US hotspots were confined primarilyy to the coastal markets. Our level of HPI was also much higher with houses at the peak having risen 3 fold in a decade.

Now that Brown blames America for the crash* surely he should credit America for the previous expansion? Or was it the case that Americas decade of HPI madness was not a good thing? And if he agrees it was not why then did he allow the exact same bubble to form here?

* It is not entirely clear what Brown is saying in theis regard. He constantly refers to the crash/bust having "started" in America and one mjsty assume that he is saying that, BUT FOR, the collapse in the bubble in America we would still be seeing the benefits of his miracle HPI-MEW-BTL economy. It is time someone pinned him down on what he means by "it started in America."

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
I was discussing this with my teenage daughter on her way to school.

She asked me who will be paying for all these bailouts. I said "You will".

Eeeeh, I'm such a cheery Daddy sometimes.

Sounds far too switched on to me.... at her age I'd have been far to concerned with who I was going to swap my Kevin Kegan sticker with to be worried about the economy.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419