House Price Crash Forum

Is This A Housing Crash Fionnula Earley ?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Pathetic, by her track record there is a potential of MoM double digit drops.

Still they aren't expecting massive increases in unemployment. :rolleyes:

Edited by symo

HOLA446
Laughable... amateur spin

These city types obviously hang out with pollies a bit too much.

What do you expect? You'll never hear the word "CRASH" from her until the next boom!

The best thing that can happen is that she is kept on the news as often as posssible.

In a years time, she'll be saying "Houses are more affordable than they have been for 3 years.

In 2 years time, she'll say "Houses are more affordable than they have been for 6 years" etc etc etc.

I feel a bit sorry for her really - her name is on the "blame" cup and there's nothing she can do.

She'll end up like Steve Mclaren - Laughed at and unemployable when she gets the eventual sack.

She may be lucky though.....but I doubt it.

She has the tired look of a passed over bank clerk.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Interesting thing about that clip- she was about to say something and then changed her mind- not a stutter, more a strategic withdrawl- I wonder what it was she was about to blurt out?

one day she will admit that they, the lenders, gave too much credit out and are open to massive legal action

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Would it be a stock market crash if the price of stocks had barely moved?

It's not a crash yet - prices have hardly budged - 10%?! I got more than that off my house in a boom - overpriced houses need a few percent off to sell - big deal!

HOLA4416
Interesting thing about that clip- she was about to say something and then changed her mind- not a stutter, more a strategic withdrawl- I wonder what it was she was about to blurt out?

"It does seem to resem...res....re......" RESEMBLE A CRASH?????? OH YEAH ;)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
I'm relieved Fionulala says Nationwide believes there's not going to be a recession, because with what's been happening of late, I began to worry about things. Now I can sleep easy.

:lol:

Maybe it's the San Miguel talking, but I thought that was veeeeery funny. :D

HOLA4420
I'm sure she was not asked if this was a crash last month

She is asked if there will be a crash every month.

This was posted in a similar thread back in January...

" Watching Fuengirola Early from Nationwide on lunchtime news, she has a visibly changed demeanor over the last few months, especially when challenged about the possibility of " a crash ".

Whereas months previously she looked fresh, bright eyed and optimistic, cheerily scoffing at the sillyness of such a suggestion, more recently she looks as though she is decidely uncomfortable, her large blue eyes staring through the dark circles of uncertainty and self-disbelief.

She recently clearly stated no crash, given her position as a chief economist, this is genuinely alarming. However, it is just an opinion, the problem being so many viewers receive the message as fact, and may well base their decision to buy or not buy accordingly. "

Watching her today reminded me very much of a third division football club manager, brought in half-way through a season offering optimism, enthusiasm and determination. Towards the season end, facing relegation, but with a slim chance of escape hinging on a combo of goal difference, winning the last four games, and having to answer the same questions over and over again, to the same reporters....so will you be relegated Brian ?

She now says, " Perhaps it is too soon to say " ( there will be a crash).

Looking totally fed up.

I bet she would love to just say, OK there will be a catastrophic collapse in property values and anybody thinking about taking on a large mortgage must be barking, maybe wait a few years to buy is best.

When it comes to appearing wired the winner has to be British Bankers' Association Chief Executive Angela Knight.

Now thats a lady that really looks cheesed off. :blink:

Edited by Walton Goggins

HOLA4421

It is true that FE has taken on the look of a long suffering mother who has an unruly child that cannot be controlled. At first she would say that the child was not out of order and then as the child runs crazy around the place she just sits with her head in her hands saying ' there is just nothing we can do with him, he is totally out of control'

HOLA4422

I do sometimes wonder whether we aren't more than a little harsh on young Fionualala, she is only the monthly spokeswoman for an index produced by a bank/building society. As far as I know, she's never particularly ramped property as such.

I think it's fair to say that her management summaries each month tend to look for the facts which support the bullish argument (q.v. this month's rather disengenuous comments about I/O mortgages vs. endowments) but what else can she do; she's employed by a company that makes money by lending to people who buy property and secure the debt against the value of that property.

She's not going to keep the job for very long if she says to Declan "frankly, we've got a 3 year decline in front of us, Fatboy, and it's going to result in a lot of families losing their homes, their jobs, marriages and health. Do you know what's worse? We all should have known better; we didn't learn any lessons from the 90's. You, me and the general public just fell for the easy money gimick yet again".

I don't expect straight-talking from the Nationwide's Chief Economist, to be honest I'll be satisfied if she simply continues doing the monthly milk round through the depths of this crash like she did during the boom. At least that will be a sign of some level of integrity.

Edited by Paddles