House Price Crash Forum

The French Have Done It Again.

HOLA441

For the love all things holy, why do the French have to everything better than us English. Is it not enough their French, without rubbing our noses in it. I am of course referring to "'world's biggest bank fraudster'". Who is a Frenchman.

He makes our 'Britains biggest bank fraudster', look like Toy Town. Nick Leeson brought down Barings Banks, this fraudster could even bring down Societe Generale, one of the biggest banks in France.

Link is here. http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/investing-and...mp;in_page_id=3

Its time to know our place in the world.

Edited by debt-free

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

This doesn't have anywhere near the style of the Credit Lyonnais debacle, & it's a trivial amount by comparison.

No film star image (no top Hollywood studio either)

No relatives & girl friends with the hand in the till

No fire (as yet) to destroy the records.

I don't know what all the fuss is about.

HOLA446

Thats the spirit lads.

Now heres a message to all those boys in the city of london. We must do better than £ 3.6 Billion fraud. The French are laughing at us over than channel.

I want to see a £5 Billion fraud by this time next year, you hear me. and I am including any mortgage fraud figures too.

Come on Northern Rock, you can do it. Come clean.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
For the love all things holy, why do the French have to everything better than us English. Is it not enough their French, without rubbing our noses in it. I am of course referring to "'world's biggest bank fraudster'". Who is a Frenchman.

Its time to know our place in the world.

What next a mass murdering G.P called Arold Navirehomme ?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
What next a mass murdering G.P called Arold Navirehomme ?

Pas possible!

- he will be of Belgian parentage.

Question:- 'Seasonally adjusted', will NR exceed Credit Lyonnais' circa 150 million Francs of the mid-90s? --- That was 20+ million euros back then

Do I use the CPI & present day Euro-GBP, or something less sophisticated? :D

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

They are now saying that perhaps this bank off-loading all its shares, CDOs, gilts, whatever, last Monday was perhaps the single main reason why the global stockmarkets paniced and commentators are questioning whether this French git was repsonsible for the global markets losing hundreds of billions and the Fed being paniced into a 0.75% rate cut.

Apparently questions are now being asked as to why the French did not tell the Fed they were going to be off-loading a vast number of shares and why the Fed did not pick up on this.

HOLA4414
They are now saying that perhaps this bank off-loading all its shares, CDOs, gilts, whatever, last Monday was perhaps the single main reason why the global stockmarkets paniced and commentators are questioning whether this French git was repsonsible for the global markets losing hundreds of billions and the Fed being paniced into a 0.75% rate cut.

Apparently questions are now being asked as to why the French did not tell the Fed they were going to be off-loading a vast number of shares and why the Fed did not pick up on this.

The butterfly effect?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I don't think anyone knows what going on anymore, and I reckon we are being softened up for lots more bank fraud stories.

The whole things seems to be like a pack of cards, the latest insanity is now the banks having to bail out their own (monoline) insurers. Can't have them loosing their AAA ratings now can we.

If only the sheeple knew, not that the BBC is going to try and explain it to them. Just keep it simple for the sheeple, keep blaming those nasty sub prime lenders and a "few rogue traders." Blame the animals in the loony zoo and not the park keepers.

What ought to be happening, is computers being seized in Wall Street, The City and Canary Wharf and senior bank staff being carted off in orange overalls and hand cuffs.

Hell will freeze over before that happens!

HOLA4417
Everyone likes to get one over on the Brits, especially the French.

Perhaps this is a delayed reaction to Agincourt or something?

:lol:

ENGLISH if you please - some of my folk were fighting with the French against you lot at Agincourt and at various other battles - and came from various non-English parts of Britain.

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA4418

Wasn't the ECB doing something to get dollars into Europe ?

HOLA4419
Pas possible!

- he will be of Belgian parentage.

Ca plan por moir!

As Ursus Helvetica ,who I am font of, points out Don't forget the Scot John Law, who outFrenched the French

The Moneymaker by Janet Gleeson is a superb account of John Law's career

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
We''l just have to do better. Surely there's some City tw@t than can up the ante on this pissy frog?

I can think of a Scottish person in Westminster who'll make the 'pissy frog', and the rest of them, look like amateurs as far as fraud and f**king everything up is concerned.

Edited by Bingley Bloke

HOLA4422
Thats the spirit lads.

Now heres a message to all those boys in the city of london. We must do better than £ 3.6 Billion fraud. The French are laughing at us over than channel.

I want to see a £5 Billion fraud by this time next year, you hear me. and I am including any mortgage fraud figures too.

Come on Northern Rock, you can do it. Come clean.

Come to think of it, what is the £55 billion that the government has guaranteed NR if not a £55 billion fraud perpetrated on the taxpayer? Perhaps we are still ahead of the Frenchies after all.

HOLA4423
Come to think of it, what is the £55 billion that the government has guaranteed NR if not a £55 billion fraud perpetrated on the taxpayer? Perhaps we are still ahead of the Frenchies after all.

As I keep saying, (& I might resort to big red Eric letters next :o ), the battle for the top spot is between NR & Credit Lyonnais!!! -- Soc Gen is nowhere cost wise....... yet.

For style:- NR wins on front, but CL won on glitz.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425