House Price Crash Forum

Well, I Gotta Hand It To Hpc In The End

HOLA441

I am absolutely breathtaken by the headlines today specifically regarding mortgage lending down YOY 29%, BoE sh!tt1ng their pants, 1% house price fall (which is outright crash on a YOY basis) etc

This is deadly serious stuff now. I think the joke is over and it's probably time to forget the past and start to look for the best in ourselves and those around us (including the BTLers) because, frankly, it's going to get sticky from here on and there is going to be a tremendous amount of pain.

HOLA442
HOLA443
I am absolutely breathtaken by the headlines today specifically regarding mortgage lending down YOY 29%, BoE sh!tt1ng their pants, 1% house price fall (which is outright crash on a YOY basis) etc

This is deadly serious stuff now. I think the joke is over and it's probably time to forget the past and start to look for the best in ourselves and those around us (including the BTLers) because, frankly, it's going to get sticky from here on and there is going to be a tremendous amount of pain.

About ******ing time and all!!! For the last 5 years every penny saved was out stripped 10 fold with HPI, us FTB'rs have not had a ******ing chance and it has put strain on our families and the closeness of our community. I know 23 year olds that have up sticks to Canada, Oz And USA just to afford a ******ing house while the goverment has let in millions of immigrants, raised taxes and whatever else!!!

It cant get any worse for us as we are in the worst case scenario because we are couped up with our parents sneaking our girlfriends out in the middle of the night!!

I hope the greedy bastards pay for this, it will be nice to see that smug look off their face. I feel sorry for recent FTB'rs as they trust EA's to deliver a service and tell the truth. Only yesterday an EA was telling me to buy now as the lull was temporary, we are over the credit crunch and everything is going to fly off the shelf soon!!!

1% is not ******ing enough, i want US style 5.7% MOMOMOMOMOM until the Btl'rs buckle and give in!!!

The last crash my dad could hardly pay one mortgage let alone 10. The greedy bastards deserve this and the EA's and scummy Sub-prime brokers can go ****** themselves in their paper thin Barratt flats that they brought with their capital gains!!!

****** the lot of em, enough is enough. There are a lot of bitter twentysomethings who think things cant get much worse than they are we are very very pissed off and we want someone to blame!!!!!

Who wants to step up?

Edited by EssexFTB

HOLA444
About ******ing time and all!!! For the last 5 years every penny saved was out stripped 10 fold with HPI, us FTB'rs have not had a ******ing chance and it has put strain on our families and the closeness of our community. I know 23 year olds that have up sticks to Canada, Oz And USA just to afford a ******ing house while the goverment has let in millions of immigrants, raised taxes and whatever else!!!

It cant get any worse for us as we are in the worst case scenario because we are couped up with our parents sneaking our girlfriends out in the middle of the night!!

I hope the greedy bastards pay for this, it will be nice to see that smug look off their face. I feel sorry for recent FTB'rs as they trust EA's to deliver a service and tell the truth. Only yesterday an EA was telling me to buy now as the lull was temporary, we are over the credit crunch and everything is going to fly off the shelf soon!!!

1% is not ******ing enough, i want US style 5.7% MOMOMOMOMOM until the Btl'rs buckle and give in!!!

The last crash my dad could hardly pay one mortgage let alone 10. The greedy bastards deserve this and the EA's and scummy Sub-prime brokers can go ****** themselves in their paper thin Barratt flats that they brought with their capital gains!!!

****** the lot of em, enough is enough. There are a lot of bitter twentysomethings who think things cant get much worse than they are we are very very pissed off and we want someone to blame!!!!!

Who wants to step up?

up steps Gordon "shaggy" Brown........."it wasn me"

HOLA445
HOLA446

That's a nice sentiment.

The crash is on, recession is a dead cert. and depression a distinct possibility.This will bring out both the best and the worst from people....maybe this is the real meaning of 'interesting times.' How people react under extreme stress in one of life's great curiosities.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest grumpy-old-man

great isn't it. :DB)

HOLA4410

Who wants to step up?

LOL excellent.

****** em ****** em aaaaallllllll!!!!!

die bitches die slow..

HOLA4411
Guest X-QUORK

Mixed blessings for some. As a renter with a new business I'd rather not see all my customers tightening their belts too much, but lower house prices are much needed and indeed overdue. What will be, will be...just got to try and ride it out without going bust.

HOLA4412
Mixed blessings for some. As a renter with a new business I'd rather not see all my customers tightening their belts too much, but lower house prices are much needed and indeed overdue. What will be, will be...just got to try and ride it out without going bust.

Speaking of which, how is the old organic food business going?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I agree and in the same boat. However if people hadn't been stitched up into handing over all their cash to banks for over inflated houses, then they would have more money to spend.

HOLA4415
Guest X-QUORK
Speaking of which, how is the old organic food business going?

You've got a good memory!

It's early days, and our customer numbers were lower at launch than we'd hoped for, but it's all coming together reasonably well thanks. We've managed to nick quite a few customers from our competitors (unintentionally), and so far we've been told that our produce is miles ahead in terms of both quality and quantity. We're partnering up with a local Deli which looks quite a promising project...all in all, 100% more exciting and worthwhile than the old office job.

Thanks for asking, it feels quite nice to be remembered!

HOLA4416

Who wants to step up?

"Never hate your enemy, it clouds your judgement" (Michael Corleone, Godfather 3)

HOLA4417
LOL excellent.

****** em ****** em aaaaallllllll!!!!!

die bitches die slow..

I'm sure you'll still be laughing when you're made redundant. :lol:

What do you think will happen?

The rich will get richer and the poor peasants (like you) will get poorer.

Its life's natural way - get with the program and clean my car.

Not nice is it? But its better than wishing someone to die.....

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Interesting how that's not the case in the US (at least not yet). Housing prices are going down and speculators are getting screwed over, though unemployment in general hasn't really risen. Same thing could happen here.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

dude, calm down i didn't mean it literally.

You need to get out more.

HOLA4422

calling me a poor peasant?

die bitch die slow... in your case I mean it literally.

HOLA4423
Get yourself some popcorn, sit back and watch the fun.

:lol::lol::lol:

precisely.

and don't worry too much about UK PLC.

we have a DIVERSIFIED economy!!!! :P:P:P

the consumer is toast,the exportable services are getting outsourced,but that's ok.

as long as we have the FTSE and foreign companies wanting to ply their trade on it,we can all lounge around on benefits all paid for by johnny foreigner!!

...now where is the achilles heel in this strategy?? :o

HOLA4424
NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah im fine.....really

:lol:

Thank you, you made me laugh, brilliant, I know how you feel, I'm still not allowing myself to get too excited until I see hard evidence of prices falling but posts like this really help.

Oh, and the sneaking GF's out sounds like fun (not for them in winter tho :blink: )

HOLA4425

Come come ppl-noone should be wishing anyone dead or whatever-it's just not playing nice is it really ;) There'll probably be a hefty down spike before things finally reach some sane level along the way-I dont see much alternative to recession on the cards the way things have gone though I dont think it will be all bad for those prudent enough not to have overstretched themselves. In a way I do pity a lot of the ppl who thought property would be an alternative to the rot that is pensions though I know a lot of people are pretty hot under the collar about the way HPI has gone and also quite understandably. In the end the ppl we should ALL be really mad at are the morons who created this situation knowing exactly how it would end up.

You've got a good memory!

It's early days, and our customer numbers were lower at launch than we'd hoped for, but it's all coming together reasonably well thanks. We've managed to nick quite a few customers from our competitors (unintentionally), and so far we've been told that our produce is miles ahead in terms of both quality and quantity. We're partnering up with a local Deli which looks quite a promising project...all in all, 100% more exciting and worthwhile than the old office job.

Thanks for asking, it feels quite nice to be remembered!

Hmm are you selling online at all X-QUORK? Just a thought as Ive been looking at ordering some stuff in for Crimbo and it's gotta be organic for me and mine tho' we do grow some stuff ourselves too.