House Price Crash Forum

Excuse Me!

HOLA441
HOLA442

For all the talk of interest rates, money supply and debt. It is really this kind of thing that astounds me and is enough evidence that houses can not get any more expensive. Who can afford this kind of 'thing'?

HOLA443
HOLA444
It's more a reflection of how worthless our wages have become - our standard of living is dropping by the day - it's globalisation of the workforce by stealth...

well looks like the rich will have to start buying those homes lol, 900k for that what a joke, homes like that were once seen as upper working class, now it seems the middle class can't even afford it.

HOLA445
well looks like the rich will have to start buying those homes lol, 900k for that what a joke, homes like that were once seen as upper working class, now it seems the middle class can't even afford it.

the 'middle class' won't exist in a global workforce - no place for them - just those that work and those that don't

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
the 'middle class' won't exist in a global workforce - no place for them - just those that work and those that don't

This global workforce sounds serious. Why haven't you mentioned it before dnd?

Anyway, to respond to your particular assertion, isn't China, in your opinion, the exemplar of the global workforce phenomenon? Becuase if they are, they have an emergent middle class.

Who buy homes in places like this.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
15761_1123A_IMG_00.JPG

£900K?

HEHEHE!!!!

HEHEHEHE......OH HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

HEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

OOHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

For me, this has to be the icing on the cake!!

A Four Bedroom Semi-Detached Family House in need of refurbishment and having potential for extension subject to planning consent.

HOLA4417
By my calculations this is over 80 years working 40 hour weeks at the minimum wage £5.35

6gcyzhi.jpg

click

That's just the capital repayments, including interest, it is more like 160-240 years to pay it all off

Best,

L

Edit: Actually I take that back, I wonder if it is a mathematically possible to pay a mortgage of this size off with a minimum wage, wouldn't the interest compounded on the mortgage rise faster than you could pay it off?

Edited by Luminist

HOLA4418
Guest mattsta1964
That's just the capital repayments, including interest, it is more like 160-240 years to pay it all off

Best,

L

Sounds like a great investment L :P

It's pretty shocking though isn't it............that there are people out there looking at that page on Rightmove, and actually considering paying that kind of money

I wonder if we can track the sale and see what it actually goes for. This is Richmond after all, so some utter twit will probably offer even more for it.

HOLA4419
Sounds like a great investment L :P

It's pretty shocking though isn't it............that there are people out there looking at that page on Rightmove, and actually considering paying that kind of money

I wonder if we can track the sale and see what it actually goes for. This is Richmond after all, so some utter twit will probably offer even more for it.

That price tag is beyond words. Silly, insane, unbelievable do not do it enough justice. I agree that many sheeple may look at the price tag and the thought that the price may be disconnected from reality would never enter their minds. I don't know how the estate agent could show a potential buyer around that house while keeping a serious face

Best,

L

HOLA4420

That's close to where I live, I don't think it'll sell at that price or anything like it. But a property in central Richmond (East Sheen is the poor relation to Richmond) offering that amount of accomodation would sell for that price or more. I think it's a case of an ambitious vendor reading the local property rag and concluding, "hey, I've got the bedrooms, and I'm only a twenty minute walk from the fancy part of town, so why not?". The EA takes it on figuring the vendor soon sober up, and when the price comes down to something more realistic then he's already got his board firmly planted in the front garden.

HOLA4421
This global workforce sounds serious. Why haven't you mentioned it before dnd?

do you deny it's happening?

Anyway, to respond to your particular assertion, isn't China, in your opinion, the exemplar of the global workforce phenomenon? Becuase if they are, they have an emergent middle class.

Who buy homes in places like this.

the 'middle class' in the uk living standards are reducing whilst those in emerging economies are rising - they have to to make us more competitive

HOLA4422
the 'middle class' in the uk living standards are reducing whilst those in emerging economies are rising - they have to to make us more competitive

There is a slight difference between middle class that is a driving force and material GDP contributor in emerging economy and 'middle class' in post-industrial UK that is just a muppet that regularly goes to a bank to cash on the value of their appreciating "assets" and spend it on the high street.

Edited by refusnik

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
15761_1123A_IMG_00.JPG

£900K?

HEHEHE!!!!

HEHEHEHE......OH HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

HEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

OOHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

It's only the asking price. You could put in a cheeky offer of £825K or so and settle at around £850K. It's known as buying BMV :lol: .

Go on someone, phone up and put in an offer, subject to financing.

HOLA4425