House Price Crash Forum

Its Got To Go Bang Now

matt173407

HOLA441

sorry chaps, couldn't resist replying to 'morono'.:-)

Brilliant yet simple analysis. Well a simply analysis certainly. Not sure about the 'brilliant' bit though.It's different this time yada yada yada Deep down we all know this. Yes, indeed we do. Shame someone feels they have to repeat it yet again. Ad nauseam... yawn.It's different this time! HONEST!!! Alas too many delude themselves into thinking that this time it will be different...the goldfish syndrome. Goldfish who only have a memory span of 6 seconds swim happily around a gold fish bowl every 7 seconds, excitedly telling themsleves..hhmm..haven't been here before ! Which means, of course, that they haven't. You're a sad, lonely, 'no-mates' tosser. Just admit it. Go and join the British Legion or something.As opposesd to you? I'd rather have my nads sawn off with a rusty hacksaw than have to live with YOU, pmtavenger

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

sorry chaps, couldn't resist replying to 'morono'.:-)

Brilliant yet simple analysis. Well a simply analysis certainly. Not sure about the 'brilliant' bit though.It's different this time yada yada yada Deep down we all know this. Yes, indeed we do. Shame someone feels they have to repeat it yet again. Ad nauseam... yawn.It's different this time! HONEST!!! Alas too many delude themselves into thinking that this time it will be different...the goldfish syndrome. Goldfish who only have a memory span of 6 seconds swim happily around a gold fish bowl every 7 seconds, excitedly telling themsleves..hhmm..haven't been here before ! Which means, of course, that they haven't. You're a sad, lonely, 'no-mates' tosser. Just admit it. Go and join the British Legion or something.As opposesd to you? I'd rather have my nads sawn off with a rusty hacksaw than have to live with YOU, pmtavenger

You two just haven't hit it off, have you.

HOLA443

Now run along and think about it you harebrained idiot.

Thought about it. Prices are still rising. Unemployment is still falling, employment is rising. Nuff said.

It's called 'humor'.

:lol: gosh, someone's Mr grumpy today. maybe that's because prices are still rising and you sold too early :lol:

go and lie on a beach or something with and use your cash as a pillow. it may do your blood pressure good.

HOLA444

Thought about it. Prices are still rising. Unemployment is still falling, employment is rising. Nuff said.

You obviously believe all the spin , bottom line is your only 32 so in the last crash you would of been a spotty, sweaty teenager who didn't know that a housing crash was taking place back then , you can read all the books about economics you want but theres nothing like experiancing it , just think what your learn if/WHEN this crash comes .

HOLA445

crash is on the books just give it some time, more and more properties are being put on the market but less are been sold, once people start to see the debt their in, they’ll stop spending, jobs will be lost people will not be able to pay their mortgages, prices will drop. me iam doing my masters once i finish ill start looking for a job if they don’t pay good ill look at other countries for work, i have no problem leaving the country.

Most of the students i know have started applying for jobs in other countries, why because they are not happy with the wage packets in this country compared to the cost of living. I know 1 guy who is doing is engineering masters took an offer for a job in Russia, why because they were paying him almost double compared to same job in the uk.

It really sums up the uk its to expensive to live, making it uncompetitive to the rest of the world, you’ll see more and more of our graduates leaving the uk to pursue their dreams.

Over the years the level of service in this country has dropped due to low pay which leads to I don’t care attitude because most of their money has been spent before it even gets to the account, yet at the same time companies are making huge profits and not passing it on.

HOLA446

crash is on the books just give it some time, more and more properties are being put on the market but less are been sold, once people start to see the debt their in, they’ll stop spending, jobs will be lost people will not be able to pay their mortgages, prices will drop. me iam doing my masters once i finish ill start looking for a job if they don’t pay good ill look at other countries for work, i have no problem leaving the country.

Most of the students i know have started applying for jobs in other countries, why because they are not happy with the wage packets in this country compared to the cost of living. I know 1 guy who is doing is engineering masters took an offer for a job in Russia, why because they were paying him almost double compared to same job in the uk.

It really sums up the uk its to expensive to live, making it uncompetitive to the rest of the world, you’ll see more and more of our graduates leaving the uk to pursue their dreams.

Over the years the level of service in this country has dropped due to low pay which leads to I don’t care attitude because most of their money has been spent before it even gets to the account, yet at the same time companies are making huge profits and not passing it on.

I think a crash is on the books , it will come ,the only question is "when" .

Anyone who says it's not going to ,only has to go back 20 years . I remember reading an artical in the "Daily Mail", in about 1985 , by a "financial expert " who said that property prices could only go up , and that it was impossible for them to fall . We all know what happened next !!!

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

actually UN-employment is rising

didn't you see the news today?

Well the facts are it is RISING but according to Tony Bliar its dropping isnt it????

To be totally honest, I think we have turned into the USA. I seen a cracking documentary about the Kennedy assassination... MANY MANY YEARS AGO. But these words STICK IN MY MIND. At the end of the program a guy said.... "I dont know how any patriotic American can stand tall and believe in the American way when the truth about the Kennedy's has been masked. How can we trust our Governments when we, as Americans, are living a LIE?"

Very strong words but SOOOOOOO true... not trying to be Anti-American here but I do agree with this statement. I think America and its governments have been lying to the rest of the world (and its own people) for years. If the truth ever got out then I dont think its just the Islamics that would despise them. America needs to stop being WORLD POLICE and stop BULLYING other countries. They have a country to sort out themselves.

AMERICA - Where a 21 year old CANT buy a beer, but can buy an AK-47. NO WONDER ITS F*CKED UP!!!!

TB

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I think PG is the monkey, his sayings are similar and he has that same love for the homoerotic male spandex ballet that is wrestling.

Cant argue with his current arguments though.

I'm tending to agree with your last comment. I get the feeling he is genuine, sounds logical and his points stack up. Cuckoo however sounds like he is repeating the same thing all the time, I do however very much admire his optomism. We should have a dedicated PG/Cuckoo thread without intervention by others to let them debate, I think i know which one will turn rabid first and start slinging insults. 'Troll tension'? I think PG IS probably sitting on shit loads of money having got in and out wisely, would be keen to know his current investment strategy? What to do with a pile of cash?

Since finding this forum my interest in economics has grown somewhat! I now ask around in shops/business premises/the odd millionaire I know (2!), it is feeling like 1989/1990 again. I knew not why then but people where muttering about 'recession', 'things are really slowing down/quiet', 'just lost my job'. The ONLY chipper happy people where in the housing market, w#n@ers stiched me up like a kipper. The radio has been full of debt gloom all day with VI's saying 'Well it's probably not 770, 000 in trouble and yes it's possible interest rates might go up (gulp)'.

Feels like bear day/week/month. Been here before, ignored it, went out spending/partying/buying. Looking back now I can picture the 1989 equivalent of RB, Mark G, PG, Bandwagon, Oracle, Charlie t t, et al. I thought then 'yeah so'.

It's scarey to look back, it's not different this time it's the same, people are stupid, they have short memories and they are very, very greedy.

It will all end in tears. Twas ever thus.

HOLA4412
Guest pioneer31

Thought about it. Prices are still rising.

no they're not

my folks are selling their house. They've had it valued 3 times in the last 2 yrs. It's frozen in value.

but hey, don't take my word for it, listen to the bull**** spin and massaged figures released from the VI's instead.

HOLA4413

no they're not

my folks are selling their house. They've had it valued 3 times in the last 2 yrs. It's frozen in value.

but hey, don't take my word for it, listen to the bull**** spin and massaged figures released from the VI's instead.

I thought EAs were VIs? If so why aren't they giving your folks bull**** spin by valuing it ever higher?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Don't forget to add the following:

An autistic chancellor who:

- totally messes up pension schemes payments so disaffected private investors pile their remaining cash into BTL

- fiddles the true inflation figures so that IR stays lower longer than they should have

- gives up any kind of controls of money/credit supply with the resulting £1.2 trillion debt, M4 out of control and huge mortgage miss-selling scandal (trust me - this will make the previous endowment scandal look like a school fete charity raffle fraud

- comes up with SIPPS, a godsend for BTL 'investors', before last minute panicked U-turn once thousands of BTL muppets have signed up on off-plan flats

hardly surprising he is desperate to kick Tony out before the shit hits the fan .........

hardly autistic.......just incompetent.

.....autistic folks usually have attention to detail like you wouldn't believe.One of the smartest guys on my course at uni was autistic.

...he creamed everybody else with his knowledge of electronics......but he was a pain in the ****!!!

you can't say the same for GB,if he was that smart he would have got out last year with some lame excuse about "family pressure"...people would have fallen for it too given his firstborn died very early......his superior(ahem) knowledge of economics would have told him to get out and leave tony to go down with the sinking ship....leaving him smelling of roses and joe public begging for him to come back because he did such a good job.

....john reid will probably get the job now.

HOLA4416
Guest pioneer31

I thought EAs were VIs? If so why aren't they giving your folks bull**** spin by valuing it ever higher?

perhaps they found a reputable one?

or perhaps it's actually dropping, and so their consistent valuing IS valuing it ever higher - if you know what I mean

HOLA4417

Alas too many delude themselves into thinking that this time it will be different...the goldfish syndrome.

Look on the graph on the home page. No other part of that graph looks even remotely like the previous couple of years. Given the evidence presented on this very site it would appear that indeed this time it is different.

HOLA4418
Guest pioneer31

Look on the graph on the home page. No other part of that graph looks even remotely like the previous couple of years. Given the evidence presented on this very site it would appear that indeed this time it is different.

All this has been said before. The last crash wasn't predicted and during it the newspapers and economic 'experts' were full of 'recovery round the corner' tripe.

Didn't happen though did it?

HOLA4419

All this has been said before. The last crash wasn't predicted and during it the newspapers and economic 'experts' were full of 'recovery round the corner' tripe.

Didn't happen though did it?

I think you've mistaken me for someone who cares what happens to property prices. Read the name. You can't deny though that the near past part of the graph is considerably different to any part of its history. Therefore something is at play that is considerably different now - this may result in more rises it may result in a crash, it may result in a flat line for years to come - I don't know and I doubt many people on here do.

HOLA4420

I think you've mistaken me for someone who cares what happens to property prices. Read the name. You can't deny though that the near past part of the graph is considerably different to any part of its history. Therefore something is at play that is considerably different now - this may result in more rises it may result in a crash, it may result in a flat line for years to come - I don't know and I doubt many people on here do.

I think this is an important point. This is why people on this site have been predicting a crash for so long now. The current trend is clearly a departure from the past and that being so, people need to be a little more inventive than extrapolating from graphs formed when the economic fundamentals were completely different. I believe houses are overpriced but I want to explain the market on the basis of current economic conditions rather than trotting out the 'what goes up must come down' mantra

HOLA4421
Guest pioneer31

I think you've mistaken me for someone who cares what happens to property prices. Read the name.

ok, so there's you, 'neitherbullnorbear' and 'CO' who all don't care either way, but kinda do really, otherwise, why are you here?

You can't deny though that the near past part of the graph is considerably different to any part of its history. Therefore something is at play that is considerably different now - this may result in more rises it may result in a crash, it may result in a flat line for years to come - I don't know and I doubt many people on here do.

oh right

I'd like to know how it could possibly rise, given the current climate (bankrupties, CAB inundated with calls, people missing mortgage payments etc)

HOLA4422

I think PG IS probably sitting on shit loads of money having got in and out wisely, would be keen to know his current investment strategy? What to do with a pile of cash?

Afraid not. Getting a trifle bored with this 'who is he really' stuff. It's actually silly. I'm an anonymous poster. So is everyone else. Including Mr Monkey. So even if I was him, that would still make me an anonymous poster. But anyway I'm not, so there's an end to it.

Now investment, there's a thing.

To be frank, I'm mostly cash right now. Although I am taking advice. Boring, I know.

It's difficult - sterling is exposed (particularly to a risk of runaway inflation uncurbed by our curiously incompetent autistic chancellor), the dollar is worse, the stock market is overprciced (cue trolls - 'so whats left? PROPERTY'!!! er - no). I'm leaning towards debt collection stocks right now, although it does cause my bile to rise, the idea of that kind of operation. At least as a landlord I provided SOME kind of symbiotic payback to my 'hosts'.

If I come across anything really tasty, I'll let you know.

HOLA4423

:lol: gosh, someone's Mr grumpy today. maybe that's because prices are still rising and you sold too early :lol:

go and lie on a beach or something with and use your cash as a pillow. it may do your blood pressure good.

You sound like you have bought into the idea the PropertyGourd has been putting around that he cleverly sold up a load of investment property. Be honest, if you were in the position he claims to be in, would you be hanging around on what he must consider a loser's web site?

I wouldn't mind betting the only house he has ever owned was a Bako house - and that was probably a hand-me-down.

Afraid not. Getting a trifle bored with this 'who is he really' stuff. It's actually silly. I'm an anonymous poster. So is everyone else. Including Mr Monkey. So even if I was him, that would still make me an anonymous poster. But anyway I'm not, so there's an end to it.

Now investment, there's a thing.

To be frank, I'm mostly cash right now. Although I am taking advice. Boring, I know.

It's difficult - sterling is exposed (particularly to a risk of runaway inflation uncurbed by our curiously incompetent autistic chancellor), the dollar is worse, the stock market is overprciced yes, you should take advice. The UK market is on a PE of about 13 at the moment - so looks good value to those that know (cue trolls - 'so whats left? PROPERTY'!!! er - no). I'm leaning towards debt collection stocks right now, although it does cause my bile to rise, the idea of that kind of operation. At least as a landlord I provided SOME kind of symbiotic payback to my 'hosts'.

Edited by Marina

HOLA4424

I think PG IS probably sitting on shit loads of money having got in and out wisely, would be keen to know his current investment strategy? What to do with a pile of cash?

Yes i've asked him twice about where he's invested it , but no answer , just curious , he likes to remind us about how much he's made out of property and does talk a fair amount of sense , although as he failed to answer this reasonable question , i'm beginning to have my doubts , i mean what is a multi millionaire doing spending hours a day just putting his thoughts down in writing about a market he is no longer involved in , hmmmmmmmmmmm, so whats it all about PG .?

Edited by grey shark

HOLA4425

It's difficult - sterling is exposed (particularly to a risk of runaway inflation uncurbed by our curiously incompetent autistic chancellor), the dollar is worse, the stock market is overprciced yes, you should take advice. The UK market is on a PE of about 13 at the moment - so looks good value to those that knowwho is talking about the UK stock market? Why in hell would ANYONE want to invest in this bankrupt place? Look Stateside, where the S&P is over 22 or so I'm told. Really PMTavenger, you need to go grab a cup of Horlicks or something (cue trolls - 'so whats left? PROPERTY'!!! er - no). I'm leaning towards debt collection stocks right now, although it does cause my bile to rise, the idea of that kind of operation. At least as a landlord I provided SOME kind of symbiotic payback to my 'hosts'.