HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I'm tempted to go for a viewing, and act really interested while in the house. Then when I walk out the back door to the garden, just stare silently at it for a minute or so, then just walk away without a single word to the agent.

Perhaps the owner thinks that properties sell by weight, rather than area, and figured he could add a few tonnes to the total in double quick time.

Billy Shears

HOLA4412

No really! This absolutely grates my carrot!

A garden is for grass, shrubs, trees and flowers. A little piece of nature of you to enjoy. If what you are after is concrete and gravel, then just go sit in the road for the love of christ! Its much cheaper than buying a house with a garden! Maybe you could sell your garden to a neighbour or sumink?

HOLA4413
Guest Guy_Montag

I'm tempted to go for a viewing, and act really interested while in the house. Then when I walk out the back door to the garden, just stare silently at it for a minute or so, then just walk away without a single word to the agent.

Perhaps the owner thinks that properties sell by weight, rather than area, and figured he could add a few tonnes to the total in double quick time.

Billy Shears

if you go take loads of photos, explain to the agent you are going to post them on a website for the entertainment of the world at large.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

No really! This absolutely grates my carrot!

A garden is for grass, shrubs, trees and flowers. A little piece of nature of you to enjoy. If what you are after is concrete and gravel, then just go sit in the road for the love of christ! Its much cheaper than buying a house with a garden! Maybe you could sell your garden to a neighbour or sumink?

I'd agree with you. When I lived in Harrow, the next door house was empty. Then people started working on it. They concreted over the back garden. A really horrible amateurish job. Same around the front. And they didn't even weed round the edges first so the weeds were part of the concrete. And the worst thing was that they put in random pieces of brickwork into the concrete, which I suppose someone thought was supposed to look good.

Dunno what they were intending to do with it. I just checked, and that house has no sales on nethouseprices.com, so no sign of it having sold.

Billy Shears

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Ok, garden aside (each to their own) - a reasonably presentable 3 bed sem for £135k.

Bargain is it not? No HPC needed on that one.

Not an unusual price around here. For a 3 bed semi on the Anstey Lane, it's probably a few grand less than the typical asking price for that road, but no more. But it would cost at least that few grand to fix the garden, so no bargain.

Billy Shears

HOLA4419

The house has a sold sign outside it :o Wonder why it's still on for sale on Rightmove. You would think it would be easier to change the listing than change the sign. I can't see the garden from the road, but could see the top of those "pole" things, whatever they are or are supposed to be. The house looks a bit smaller in real life than it did in the photo, and while I couldn't see the garden, I could see the back fence, and the garden looks shorter than it did in the photo.

Marina said that it was a snip at 135K. In the same area of the same road the last house to sell was a detached house, just across the road, for 145K. Looks a little bit older than the house in question, but was in OK looking condition. The last semi to sell was 106K, in a similar location. But unfortunately I entrusted the address to memory and couldn't remember which one it was while out there.

Billy Shears

Edited by BillyShears

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

The house has a sold sign outside it :o Wonder why it's still on for sale on Rightmove. You would think it would be easier to change the listing than change the sign. I can't see the garden from the road, but could see the top of those "pole" things, whatever they are or are supposed to be. The house looks a bit smaller in real life than it did in the photo, and while I couldn't see the garden, I could see the back fence, and the garden looks shorter than it did in the photo.

Marina said that it was a snip at 135K. In the same area of the same road the last house to sell was a detached house, just across the road, for 145K. Looks a little bit older than the house in question, but was in OK looking condition. The last semi to sell was 106K, in a similar location. But unfortunately I entrusted the address to memory and couldn't remember which one it was while out there.

Billy Shears

That seems to be happening a lot in this area too, the sold boards aren't going up, just one day the for sale board to no longer there so you can't tell if the house has sold or been taken off the market unless you go to the agents website. They stay on rightmove for weeks after they have completed though I know that for a fact, probably the admin staff are too busy to pull them down with all the new properties going on - 64 in our postcode added in the last 7 days.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest horace

Who needs a house if you can just buy views like that! :) Beautiful - I will have two please

Views like this are two a penny in Weston SUPER Mare.

h. :blink: