sta100

HOLA441
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
9 minutes ago, Bluto Bites said:

Look up UK FIRES Net Zero report by leading UK academics. It stated that the aim is to close all UK airports before 2030 with the exception of Heathrow, Glasgow and Belfast. After 2030, all UK airports are to close.

Yeah, I've read that too.  It ties in with Net Zero.  I was surprised how easily the airlines complied with Covid lockdowns.  I can easily see a time where the UK has just 3 airports, and the proles can only take one flight every 5 years or so based on carbon credits or some other bullsh1t.  And everybody will go along with it.  Meanwhile, the establishment class will be flying around in their jets as and when they like. 

HOLA443
HOLA444
1 minute ago, canbuywontbuy said:

Yeah, I've read that too.  It ties in with Net Zero.  I was surprised how easily the airlines complied with Covid lockdowns.  I can easily see a time where the UK has just 3 airports, and the proles can only take one flight every 5 years or so based on carbon credits or some other bullsh1t.  And everybody will go along with it.  Meanwhile, the establishment class will be flying around in their jets as and when they like. 

Yep honestly the peasants are in for a nastly surprise over the next few years. As are a few posters here.

They think it can never happen and yet 2 years ago the Gov confined everyone to house arrest and the moronic public complied LOL 🤣

Shops refused to sell "non essential" items and people complied 🤣

People were told they were not allowed to open their business or work and complied 🤣

People were refused access to dying loved one FFS and again they complied.

But tell them Gov will stop them flying to "combat climate chance" and the response is... CONSPIRACY!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

HOLA445
HOLA446
6 minutes ago, Young Turk said:

If that were the plan, why does the government own such a small proportion of residential property?

Because Thatcher figured out if you let the proles debt themselves to the eyeballs allowing them to think they "own" their own home they will not go on strike and you will have them by the balls.

HOLA447
7 minutes ago, canbuywontbuy said:

Yeah agreed. As the project Veritas undercover recordings of the CNN workers showed, the next big scare campaign is Climate Change. The unaware CNN reporters thought they were talking to a normal person but we're actually being recorded, they said that Climate Change is the new COVID in terms of scaring the public into compliance.

HOLA448
1 minute ago, daveyj said:

Yep honestly the peasants are in for a nastly surprise over the next few years. As are a few posters here.

They think it can never happen and yet 2 years ago the Gov confined everyone to house arrest and the moronic public complied LOL 🤣

Shops refused to sell "non essential" items and people complied 🤣

People were told they were not allowed to open their business or work and complied 🤣

People were refused access to dying loved one FFS and again they complied.

But tell them Gov will stop them flying to "combat climate chance" and the response is... CONSPIRACY!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, it's exasperating to witness this kind of cognitive dissonance.  People are constantly applying Hanlon's Razor with everything.  "Bumbling tories, let's get Labour in!" as if there's no establishment class.  The propagandists have done a hell of a job demoralising the public and having them rationalise every tyrannical step along the way.  I'm actually impressed.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
8 minutes ago, canbuywontbuy said:

A change of direction in their plans?

Has a change been announced? What changes do you expect? I thought they still trying to move in the opposite direction by selling council properties.

I'm not aware of a shift towards the government owning residential property. 

If the government want to own property, why not buy from landlords looking to sell, or blocks of flats with cladding issues? Why don't banks do the same? Isn't it because they find it more profitable to lend money than own the property?

HOLA4411
7 hours ago, canbuywontbuy said:

I've made a similar point about an HPC.  You might get a HPC, but a much lower quality of life is included.

Yes, I think this is what is going to happen, the housing economy is such a big part of our econony that when it unravels our standard of living will go down big time

HOLA4412
3 minutes ago, canbuywontbuy said:

Yeah, it's exasperating to witness this kind of cognitive dissonance.  People are constantly applying Hanlon's Razor with everything.  "Bumbling tories, let's get Labour in!" as if there's no establishment class.  The propagandists have done a hell of a job demoralising the public and having them rationalise every tyrannical step along the way.  I'm actually impressed.

Denial it's the ultimate human defence mechanism.

People don't want to know the truth. They can't handle the truth.

Scottbeard accuses me of being a conspiracy theorist. If 3 years ago someone had told Scottbeard that Gov would confine you to your home and shops would refuse to see you items that the Gov deamed "non essential" he would've labelled you a lunatic conspiracy theorist yet it happened.

I agree the nudge units and behavioural psychologists have done an amazing job on the masses. It is impressive to see intelligent people ignore all evidence in front of them and instead believe what they are told.

HOLA4413
2 minutes ago, Young Turk said:

Has a change been announced? What changes do you expect? I thought they still trying to move in the opposite direction by selling council properties.

If the government want to own property, why not buy from landlords looking to sell, or blocks of flats with cladding issues? Why don't banks do the same? Isn't it because they find it more profitable to lend money than own the property?

It's not like they are going to announce their self-serving intentions to the public. Rather, they will act as the rescuer to a desperate cohort who are struggling to keep up with mortgage repayments.  Maybe I'm wrong, and we will see hundreds of thousands/millions become homeless in the years ahead if they continue with QT. And if they don't continue to tighten, I think people are going to become poorer through inflation and wages not keeping up.  Either way, looks like the government are going to have to "rescue" the population.

HOLA4414
4 minutes ago, Young Turk said:

Not Gov.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjkdyy9xgn3o - This was a sign of what is to come.

When the peasants default en mass the banks will reposess. But if there are no buyers as the market/economy is f*#ked what will they do? They will rent the property to the former mortgage holders.

Banks and corporations will own the residential property.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
1 hour ago, sta100 said:

That's wrong. We are all connected. None of us can bail out all our friends family and neighbours.

To an extent thats true, but I know plenty of people whom at least in the short-medium term are basically feeling little effects of the mortgage/interest rate rises. I'm somewhat also in that position as well, I fixed back in very early May (a few days before the May BoE meeting) and now got a 2.25% for 10 years, and my mortgage is very manageable as it is. (currently 1x minimum wage could pay for it fairly comfortably). 

Does the current situation impact me directly, not massively, the energy is far more concerning personally speaking.

However my viewpoint is if the situation is going to get bad enough to also ruin me, then its going to have to have gone through many millions first and we'll probably have bigger societal issues to face.

So basically, my point is yes, by secondary effects I could well get impacted, not denying that.

However its equally true that I'm personally not at ground zero and am not going to have anywhere near the same economic hit. Maybe eventually it will catch up with people like myself, but I've got a war fund that could pay the mortgage/bills or a fair few years.

Some people won't have that and are facing mortgage rates going up drastically vs wage growth, yet alone all the other inflation as well. Those are the ones who could end up being screwed badly by this and face a real reduction in living standards.

HOLA4417
13 minutes ago, daveyj said:

Scottbeard accuses me of being a conspiracy theorist. If 3 years ago someone had told Scottbeard that Gov would confine you to your home and shops would refuse to see you items that the Gov deamed "non essential" he would've labelled you a lunatic conspiracy theorist yet it happened.

Last year, everyday, normal people acted out in a highly irrational way.  They believed a large cohort of the UK population (the unvaccinated) were a physical threat to the wider population, based on unsubstantiated claims by public figures (now proven false).  People were fired, ostracised, denied an education, denied seeing their family, denied travel...due to an irrational, illogical belief that they were more dangerous to the public than the vaccinated. A true conspiracy theorist can entertain a thought without fully accepting it.  It's a case of "what if this is true?".  What we saw in 2021 was something far more profound; it was mass formation psychosis amongst the general public.  It was something far more dangerous and irrational than someone entertaining a thought without having to full accept it.  They acted out on it.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

HOLA4418
11 minutes ago, daveyj said:

Not Gov.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjkdyy9xgn3o - This was a sign of what is to come.

When the peasants default en mass the banks will reposess. But if there are no buyers as the market/economy is f*#ked what will they do? They will rent the property to the former mortgage holders.

https://www.bisnow.com/london/news/single-family-rentals/bank-and-housebuilder-ramp-up-1000-homes-per-year-sfr-venture-116111

Bank And Housebuilder Ramp Up 1,000-Homes-Per-Year SFR Venture

HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, Depressedpedro said:

To an extent thats true, but I know plenty of people whom at least in the short-medium term are basically feeling little effects of the mortgage/interest rate rises. I'm somewhat also in that position as well, I fixed back in very early May (a few days before the May BoE meeting) and now got a 2.25% for 10 years, and my mortgage is very manageable as it is. (currently 1x minimum wage could pay for it fairly comfortably). 

Does the current situation impact me directly, not massively, the energy is far more concerning personally speaking.

However my viewpoint is if the situation is going to get bad enough to also ruin me, then its going to have to have gone through many millions first and we'll probably have bigger societal issues to face.

So basically, my point is yes, by secondary effects I could well get impacted, not denying that.

However its equally true that I'm personally not at ground zero and am not going to have anywhere near the same economic hit. Maybe eventually it will catch up with people like myself, but I've got a war fund that could pay the mortgage/bills or a fair few years.

Some people won't have that and are facing mortgage rates going up drastically vs wage growth, yet alone all the other inflation as well. Those are the ones who could end up being screwed badly by this and face a real reduction in living standards.

I don't have a mortgage and am pretty well off so my own financial situation is not concerning.

My brother, who is long term ill, is finding life increasingly difficult to exist. Several friends are stressed.

I have noticed just being out and about that people are much more stressed in general.

The wellbeing of others affects my own.

HOLA4420
7 minutes ago, daveyj said:

Not Gov.

It will be interesting to see if Lloyds does achieve its aim of owning 50,000 houses in about 9 years. I'm a bit sceptical of financial institutions getting into housebuilding/owning. L&G has been making a big push into housebuilding (started more than 5 years ago) but I think they are still losing money. 

But what will be the consequence if they do become a significant factor? As you say, Thatcher noticed renting didn't seem conducive to the aims of government. So what do you expect they would do?

HOLA4421
4 minutes ago, Young Turk said:

It will be interesting to see if Lloyds does achieve its aim of owning 50,000 houses in about 9 years. I'm a bit sceptical of financial institutions getting into housebuilding/owning. L&G has been making a big push into housebuilding (started more than 5 years ago) but I think they are still losing money. 

But what will be the consequence if they do become a significant factor? As you say, Thatcher noticed renting didn't seem conducive to the aims of government. So what do you expect they would do?

No Thatcher noticed Social Housing wasn't conductive to the aims of government... Big difference! And why she sold off the social housing stock and why Gov have not ever tried to build enough to replace the sold stock.

When reposession rise and banks cannot sell the properties what do you think they will do with them? Turf the occupiers out and leave them derelict to lose more and more "value" everyday and eventually become worthless through lack of maintenence/vandalism?

Or will an "arrangement" be made whereby mortgage holders in trouble can rent the property from the bank akin to IO mortgage but without the rights of being the "owner".

HOLA4422
12 minutes ago, sta100 said:

My brother, who is long term ill, is finding life increasingly difficult to exist.

Because of Covid or money worries?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
12 minutes ago, sta100 said:

I don't have a mortgage and am pretty well off so my own financial situation is not concerning.

My brother, who is long term ill, is finding life increasingly difficult to exist. Several friends are stressed.

I have noticed just being out and about that people are much more stressed in general.

The wellbeing of others affects my own.

What I say to the "I'm all right Jack" crowd is this...

With Uk being a service based economy if the masses become poorer it makes many businesses unviable. For example I asked a IARJ'er if his favourite bar or restaurant will remain open purely to service his needs or if... Shock/Horror they might need other custom as well 😱

This is what people refuse to get. It doesn't matter how well off you are. If you are not in the 0.1% then your are going to be massively impacted by this financial meltdown!

HOLA4425
14 minutes ago, Young Turk said:

I'm not asking why they aren't announcing their intentions. I'm asking why they aren't doing one of the requisites for the plan.

Ask yourself : what direction are the government moving in: more sovereignty for the individual, or more control for the government? Zoom out and see how we pay more and more tax through the decades. Do you really think the future of the UK includes a family living in their own sovereign way, running their own business, traveling where they want to, having complete religious freedom etc? The government have signaled they don't want this. You will not be able to travel freely due to something like "carbon credits", private property won't be outlawed but it will be taxed out of the reach of the masses.  We can see home ownership is already in fewer hands.  The landlords will be the next to be shaken out.  It will be a concentration of wealth.