House Price Crash Forum

Brexit has failed............ to crash house prices

jimmy2x3

HOLA441

Didn't house prices pretty much plateau across the country in the post Brexit vote years  until the froth of the  post lockdown frenzy last year? When we put our property on the market in November 2019 the EA said that things were slow and anything over £230,000 was very hard to shift. (Somerset/Wiltshire/Dorset borders). Then the post lockdown frenzy of 2020 and there isn't anything under £230,000!! So I don't know. Certainly EAs and others thought the years after the Brexit vote left the housing market depressed but I don't really understand the reasons for that. 

Now only time will tell what will happen post Brexit not even post Covid end of stamp duty, unemployment/ end of furlough  end of HTB(?) 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
4 hours ago, longgone said:

paid up ? what do you mean back in london 

You can move back to London and hang around the arch's at Charing Cross

Edited by shlomo

HOLA443
4 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

You were one of Farages brown shirts and fully expected house prices to crash after Brexshit because you are desperate to move out from under your mammys apron-strings. 

not really i just vote for what ever they tell me not to do.  usually works out best for your average pleb. 

HOLA444
HOLA445
5 minutes ago, longgone said:

There is nothing in London for me anymore.  i can get to london in under an hour anyway now should i need to. 

Look the Eastern European’s you are deserting a sinking ship

HOLA446
11 hours ago, jimmy2x3 said:

yes it was the hope of leavers, but the fear of remainers and waverers. it was part of project fear. he also then tried to influence the outcome of the brexit deal by claiming a 30% drop if there was no deal. once again project fear. 

anyone running out of medicines yet? i remember being told by 1000 newspaper headlines we would run out of medicines. 

If there was no deal... A salient point you failed to mention. 

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
8 hours ago, longgone said:

that worked and paid tax unlike many of the filth looking for bennies. 

you like a free hand out at the expense of others by the looks of it. 

The wealth of the UK comes from the fact we are a laundromat for the rich of the world not from the tax paid by the working and middle class

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

How much of that finds its way into the 99%s pocket ?

It pays for benefits and indirectly for the NHS and lots of jobs in the west end of london, without it our economy would be like the polish economy 

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
On 1/27/2021 at 11:49 PM, longgone said:

that worked and paid tax unlike many of the filth looking for bennies. 

you like a free hand out at the expense of others by the looks of it. 

How do you know that the EE are "filth looking for bennies"? 

No idea what your second sentence is meant to imply. I've never had one handout in my life and left home to attend university for my undergraduate and post-graduate degrees at 18.

You're 40 years old, not working, and still living at your mammys, correct? 

HOLA4415
5 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

How do you know that the EE are "filth looking for bennies"? 

No idea what your second sentence is meant to imply. I've never had one handout in my life and left home to attend university for my undergraduate and post-graduate degrees at 18.

You're 40 years old, not working, and still living at your mammys, correct? 

I live how I live by choice I could change that whenever. I'm not financially restricted from going anywhere.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 minute ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

So at 40 years old you choose to live at home with your mammy? I'd find that constraining on my lifestyle. 

Your spend all day looking for new entrants on multiple platforms all day though to invest in btc.

You can do that anywhere.

HOLA4418
On 27/01/2021 at 08:32, TheCountOfNowhere said:

State terrorism to get the result the establishment wanted.

We've not really left the EU.  The re-named EHIC card shows that

Try getting residency in an EU country without loads of conditions and come back and tell me whether we've left the EU or not. :)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
4 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

😂 Of course I don't, I do not need to. But if you have evidence to the contrary then share it. Otherwise it's just the usual salt for you. 

You do buddy daily mail is a favourite haunt for your fishing skills.

Inflation is kryptonite to savers that's ya favourite tool.🤣

Busted.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
44 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Have you tried ?

I don't think it would be right to just use an anecdote to try and prove this. The rules are that EU nationals have the right to settle in any EU state. As we are no longer EU nationals we don't anymore. The only exception is if you already live in the EU and had residency before the deadline. Some countries may be a little more flexible in regards to whether prior residency is required just because of the sheer number of people living there that still haven't applied for permanent residency. 

Edited by spacedin

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, spacedin said:

I don't think it would be right to just use an anecdote to try and prove this. The rules are that EU nationals have the right to settle in any EU state. As we are no longer EU nationals we don't anymore. The only exception is if you already live in the EU and had residency before the deadline. Some countries may be a little more flexible in regards to whether prior residency is required just because of the sheer number of people living there that still haven't applied for permanent residency. 

I'll take that as a no then.

Thanks