House Price Crash Forum

IDS backs landlords, calls for tax review

jamw

HOLA441
On 21/07/2017 at 6:27 PM, ubuntu said:

an odious **** who's never had to pay for his own housing, Labour are targetting his Chingford seat as his majority is only about 2k.

Just looked up the stats re his majority as MP in Chingford and Woodford Green . His majority has fallen massively each election and I can only conclude he must be useless as a local MP and his national profile only reinforces the locals opinion . In recent times gone from 12k majority to 2.4k and this is in a true blue area.

As another Chingford MP once famously said " get on your bike " . The end is nigh for IDS . Another person promoted too high for his limited talents .

HOLA442
6 hours ago, bear.getting.old said:

Who the f*** is Salma Yagoob. ?!|Is this another BBC token immigrant employee>?

I just think she's a bit of a shouty lefty. Full on Guardianista with her figures of 13m in poverty (Where do they pull this crap from?). 

Not a huge fan of IDS either but i think he would be more Prime Ministerial than TM. Just mho.

HOLA443
8 hours ago, chicker said:

Just looked up the stats re his majority as MP in Chingford and Woodford Green . His majority has fallen massively each election and I can only conclude he must be useless as a local MP and his national profile only reinforces the locals opinion . In recent times gone from 12k majority to 2.4k and this is in a true blue area.

As another Chingford MP once famously said " get on your bike " . The end is nigh for IDS . Another person promoted too high for his limited talents .

I can't comment on has performance as an MP but I expect his rapidly falling majority is more to do with demographics than that - same with Boris and most Tory MPs in London. I wouldnt be surprised if both don't seek safer seats outside London before or after 2022.

Bar perhaps Havering and Bromley the Tories are finished in outer London medium term.

HOLA444
6 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

I can't comment on has performance as an MP but I expect his rapidly falling majority is more to do with demographics than that - same with Boris and most Tory MPs in London. I wouldnt be surprised if both don't seek safer seats outside London before or after 2022.

Bar perhaps Havering and Bromley the Tories are finished in outer London medium term.

I'd go even wider than that. England south of the Severn-Wash line is where the Tories pick up most of their seats, it's also where house price to wage ratios are most ridiculous and homeownership is collapsing the fastest. The Tories have taken southern England for granted just as much as Labour took Scotland for granted. Unless something immense happens to price working age people back into homeownership in southern England pretty quickly the Tories are going to find themselves losing seats in the 2020s general elections that they assumed they would hold for centuries.

HOLA445
On 7/22/2017 at 3:58 PM, MARTINX9 said:

As opposed to war criminals like Blair or Goldman Sachs of Ryanair who backed remain?

i just voted on the basis of the issue - and I have no regrets about my leave vote. If Brexif makes housing a little more affordable even better. We had a Tory majority government pre the referendum - look at it now.

if you want get into a debate about the moral standards of who voted this way or that you'll come off second best, sire

• 1 month later...
HOLA446
HOLA447

If

On 23/07/2017 at 2:37 AM, bear.getting.old said:

Who the f*** is Salma Yagoob. ?!|Is this another BBC token immigrant employee>?

I think she's the person in the video who pointed out that IDS is scrounging off of us. I think she may be correct, and it turns out he takes bribes to lobby against our interest too. Salma is cool.

HOLA448
4 hours ago, guest_northshore said:

Good find

That Ros really does know how to lay it on thick, she is apparently saving so many down trodden weak members of UK society bless her, not doing this for herself I might add.

It's laughable that she peddles this stuff off as if the world were against these LL tax changes when she and her scum friends are having to pay hard cash for soundbites from the right people.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
On 21/07/2017 at 5:11 PM, Ballyk said:

Sadly for IDS, the government needs the tax too much.

Current levels of corporate welfare suggests otherwise. Oh the shortfalls will be made up somewhere, but the bill won't be falling on any BTL landlord, corporate CEO or land owner's door mat.

HOLA4411