House Price Crash Forum

Barnard Marcus auction results (rampers look away now)

mowlem

HOLA441
6 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Hornby road is not too bad. It's reasonably close to the centre but not in the ex council BTL badlands.  

Blackpool itself hasn't fared too well over the past 20 years, the council is trying to spark a regeneration but as far as I can see without any great success as it hasn't addressed the town's underlying problem which is a lack of jobs.

Best hope is probably if fracking takes off and brings a large number of jobs with it.      

Except for security fracking doesn't require much human labour....

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
9 minutes ago, crazypabs said:

September auction is now well underway.

http://www.barnardmarcusauctions.co.uk/Current_Auction.html

once again plenty of unsold properties.

How are you accessing the bidding/results, I cannot seem to find them on the website.

Never had a problem before, are the results so bad they are hiding them.  

HOLA445
24 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

How are you accessing the bidding/results, I cannot seem to find them on the website.

Never had a problem before, are the results so bad they are hiding them.  

I can't seem to find the live auction link either, wonder if they've taken the stream down to hide the catastrophic (presumably) results.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Hill View House, Haseley Road, Little Milton, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX44 7PP  - Unsold 550,000

They had their greater fool in their hand and let them go:  Its on the market for 565,000 right now...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=61104403&sale=64157106&country=england

Last sold for 227,700 in 2004...

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
1 hour ago, moonriver said:

Great thanks.

Wonder if any hpc'ers are there today, so can know how crowded or otherwise it is?

I was there for the first 50 lots to see what was going on with the London/SE market. 

Sad to report it was pretty busy and most stuff was shifting. Not everything, but if something didn't sell it seemed to be more down to the seller trying to get top whack rather than lack of any bids. 

Depressing. Only consolation is those successful bidders should be wiped out in the fullness of time judging by the yields they were accepting. 

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
25 minutes ago, Patient London FTB said:

I was there for the first 50 lots to see what was going on with the London/SE market. 

Sad to report it was pretty busy and most stuff was shifting. Not everything, but if something didn't sell it seemed to be more down to the seller trying to get top whack rather than lack of any bids. 

Depressing. Only consolation is those successful bidders should be wiped out in the fullness of time judging by the yields they were accepting. 

Interesting.

As the day has gone on , looks like quite a few don't seem to be getting to reserve now.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
39 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Lot 142 - 86 Upper Barker Street, Liversedge WF15 7HJ7

Didn't sell at £26,000 (Zoopla valuation £49,000) 

Last sold 2007 at £50,000 

I looked at the description; it is a two room flat (not two bedroom) and is currently let.  To make matters worse its leasehold and its in the North.  No disrespect to anywhere North of Watford but no Government I have ever lived through has done anything but stoke the London centric economy that is slowly destroying the UK.

Having said all of that, its really good to see that it didn't sell; it would have been totally depressing if it had.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425