House Price Crash Forum

A New Property Flipping TV Series Coming!

juvenal

HOLA441
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

Heads up!

C5 9pm tonight 'Climbing the Property Ladder'

University lecturer Rebecca hopes to pay for her wedding by making a quick profit on a tumbledown property she has purchased in the Welsh valleys...

Radio Times

C'mon - let's hear it for this brainy bride-to-be with bricks n' mortar on her mind!

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
23 minutes ago, Patient London FTB said:

I'm not making any guesses on losses/gains until I confer with @Phil321

???

Allow for the cost a university lecturer could earn if they contracted private tuition or marking for the same period - I would say a loss of £10k. 

Oh wait, actual time and loss of potential earnings not factored into these daft shows. 

I promise you my friend and HIS wife (both dentists) asked me about developing and I told them to spend the hours they would spend on developing pulling teeth instead and he absolutely did do that. Cleverer than I thought!  

Edit* Oh, and the loss of 'Daddy the builders' potential earnings. 

Edited by Phil321
His wife. ?

HOLA4410
4 hours ago, GreenDevil said:

OK... Let's have a sweepstake Guess the Profit.

I will start at 30%. So if she buys for 30k, 39k sale price.

Whose next?

Good call but no actual sales in this episode.  Lots and lots of imaginary profits for everyone involved! 

HOLA4411
1 minute ago, Bear Hug said:

Good call but no actual sales in this episode.  Lots and lots of imaginary profits for everyone involved! 

Last week I defended the numbers...not sure why really, probably just to be contrary. 

But who on earth can buy for £37k and spend a few grand and have the same footprint of a house (in a standard terrace) valued at £99k. 

Nonsense. Either the people who pay £99k are mad or channel 5 have scoured the UK to find such propaganda. 

Fair enough, the thread did 'slightly' mention this last week ?

HOLA4412

Summary of the numbers at the end:

Croydon:

Spent: 538 + 185 = £723k

Estate agent valuation: 375-400 + 290 +285 = £950k-£975k

On the market for: 430 + 335 + 325 = £1,090

Given that estate agent probably gave a generous valuation and London's continued slowdown, I expect them to chase the market down.  

Wales:

Spent = £56k total

Estate agent outer space kite valuation = £95k

Planning to MEW for £50k to do another one.  What's wrong with just paying off the credit card debts that they mentioned at the start of the program?!

HOLA4413

A family who put up most of the cash. A builder father who doubtless surveyed the house; OK'd the purchase,  and works for free. Oh, and a silent boyfriend who splashes 5K on a holiday when they're both potless. And we've no idea of the real value of the renovation, because they never sold it. 

I give up.

Anyone know whether the Asian bloke has sold any of his flats yet?

HOLA4414
38 minutes ago, Phil321 said:

Last week I defended the numbers...not sure why really, probably just to be contrary. 

But who on earth can buy for £37k and spend a few grand and have the same footprint of a house (in a standard terrace) valued at £99k. 

Nonsense. Either the people who pay £99k are mad or channel 5 have scoured the UK to find such propaganda. 

Fair enough, the thread did 'slightly' mention this last week ?

It was entertaining this week. 2 ends of the scale. An idiot with a builder for a Dad to bail her out. And an experienced expert developer who figures a 538k canabis house is worth 1,2mill as flats.

I didn't expect a 30k house in the valleees to be worth 95k, wonder if they will find the the fool. It was like c5 was taking the piss at times.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
1 hour ago, juvenal said:

Anyone know whether the Asian bloke has sold any of his flats yet?

I am trying to find either of the three flats in Addiscombe on rightmove and no luck so far.  The only thing iI have found so far - converted 1-bed flats in that area are certainly not marketed for over £300k

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Bear Hug said:

I am trying to find either of the three flats in Addiscombe on rightmove and no luck so far.  The only thing iI have found so far - converted 1-bed flats in that area are certainly not marketed for over £300k

I couldn't either. I tried including sold STC in the search and then rentals but still nothing came up.

Very strange, almost no chance they have all sold as, at the quoted prices, they are competing with dozens of new builds offered with help to buy.

HOLA4418
4 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I couldn't either. I tried including sold STC in the search and then rentals but still nothing came up.

Very strange, almost no chance they have all sold as, at the quoted prices, they are competing with dozens of new builds offered with help to buy.

Is this it?  

Dashing off now do can't check to programme but looks like s possible. Even mentions the developer. 

http://m.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/42743906

A quick look at all that agents listings (AEG) and all 3 flats look to be listed.  

http://m.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/branch/aeg-estate-agents-croydon-73558/

Non sold and prices drifting.  

Edited by Phil321
Added agent details

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
9 hours ago, Phil321 said:

Is this it?  

Dashing off now do can't check to programme but looks like s possible. Even mentions the developer. 

A quick look at all that agents listings (AEG) and all 3 flats look to be listed.  

Thanks, looks like my assumption that everything is listed on Rightmove is out of date.

I see that two of the apartments are now up to rent, not surprising as all three apartments are still overpriced; probably by around £30k.  

Edit: I should have added that the rental rates are also at kite flying levels - you can get better for £200pcm less.

Edited by Confusion of VIs

HOLA4421
8 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Thanks, looks like my assumption that everything is listed on Rightmove is out of date.

I see that two of the apartments are now up to rent, not surprising as all three apartments are still overpriced; probably by around £30k.  

Edit: I should have added that the rental rates are also at kite flying levels - you can get better for £200pcm less.

All three are for rent actually: http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/map/property/addiscombe/lower-addiscombe-road/?price_frequency=per_month&q=lower addiscombe road&radius=0&search_source=refine  (the ones in the middle, between Havelock and Outram roads)

So, not sold, not rented out. The only profit may be that weed he found in his loft.

HOLA4422
1 minute ago, Bear Hug said:

All three are for rent actually: http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/map/property/addiscombe/lower-addiscombe-road/?price_frequency=per_month&q=lower addiscombe road&radius=0&search_source=refine  (the ones in the middle, between Havelock and Outram roads)

So, not sold, not rented out. The only profit may be that weed he found in his loft.

???

Unless of course missing a daughter birthday is s form of profit ?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
13 hours ago, nome said:

Can't bring myself to watch this but from reading on here it sounds like the refurb costs and profit predictions are straight out of the HUTH book of fantasy figures and blatant lies.

It's utter crap. Dont bother.

Edited by GreenDevil

HOLA4425
17 hours ago, Phil321 said:

Is this it?  

"Aeg are excited to offer this undeniably outstanding development of three newly converted period conversion flats set in an imposing and stunning semi-detached house, located in the sought after East India Conservation Estate and offered on the help to buy scheme."

WTF? Help to Buy?