House Price Crash Forum

Guardian: Buy to let: ‘We landlords are being vilified’

Clarky Cat

HOLA441

We have finally reached a critical mass of BTL haters! due to lag between critical mass being reached and the 'BTL problem' being solved, things will get a lot worse for the BTL scum moving forward.

we are seeing the thin edge of a wedge in the media. 

all those gloating over-leveraged morons are not only facing bankruptcy and loss of life savings, but will also face total humiliation.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

There was a thread on there, started by David 'smellybum' Price where, in full on pub drunk mode, he challenged everyone to find the worst insult for him.  I've appended the one I found the most amusing.  Unfortunately, the whole thread got pulled, but I think it would make a suitable epitaph.

HOLA443
2 hours ago, jiltedjen said:

We have finally reached a critical mass of BTL haters! due to lag between critical mass being reached and the 'BTL problem' being solved, things will get a lot worse for the BTL scum moving forward.

we are seeing the thin edge of a wedge in the media. 

all those gloating over-leveraged morons are not only facing bankruptcy and loss of life savings, but will also face total humiliation.

Didn't new Labour want to unite the UK?  They obviously failed as the above post shows

BTW I can understand your frustration.

HOLA444

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/smallbusiness/article-4020460/Zombie-firms-live-debt-risking-disaster-insolvency-body-warns.html

'An increasing number of firms are jeopardising their long-term survival by paying only the interest on their debt, not the capital itself.

According to insolvency and restructuring trade body R3, the number of firms in this position has risen to 139,000 – 8 per cent of all UK businesses. Last year it was just 69,000 (4 per cent).'

• 2 months later...
HOLA445

Fwiw I have just realised he is in Soho here, on the site of the flats built on site of William Blake's birth home.

VgdjDVUr.jpg

Rent lament: Rob Hill says landlords are being vilified, despite providing accommodation during a period of housing shortage.

He cites an investor who recently bought a flat in Soho for £985,000 through his estate agency, with a £650,000 mortgage. The landlord makes a profit of just £3,343 a year on the deal, but by 2020-21 will be making an annual loss of £554 – and that’s before the boiler breaks down or there’s a void period.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/dec/10/buy-to-let-landlords-vilified-lending-crackdown-tax-hike-profit-loss

330px-William_Blake's_birthplace_marker,

In 2002, Blake was placed at number 38 in the BBC's poll of the 100 Greatest Britons [.......] several of his poems and paintings express a notion of universal humanity: "As all men are alike (tho' infinitely various)". 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Blake

28 Broad Street (now Broadwick Street) in an illustration of 1912. Blake was born here and lived here until he was 25. The house was demolished in 1965

https://williamblakereloaded.wordpress.com/2013/08/22/william-blake-in-soho-his-childhood-home/

although I have just realised Blake also did those Dragon paintings.... that Red Dragon film scared me... truly scary.

Below. :lol:

On 1/23/2017 at 8:43 PM, Bland Unsight said:

Also, whilst UKAR appear to have largely restricted themselves to phone calls, William Blake had a vision of Cerberus pursuing a more hands-on customer contact strategy...

800px-Cerberus-Blake.jpeg

HOLA446
On 10/12/2016 at 11:14 AM, doomed said:

This does really look like it could be happening and interest rates haven't even rose yet.   

If I knew IRs were rising, I'd throw the BTLers to the crowds and blame them for all the housing market ills.

The British government for centuries have sent young men out to die in order to preserver the status quo.

I have no doubt they would happily bring in hanging for BTLers if it meant the monarchy remained in place and stopped the young revoltng.

Just saying like.

HOLA447