House Price Crash Forum

Plagiocephaly And Brachycephaly

spyguy

HOLA441

Another day, another argument on facebook.

Click on womans profile.

Bang - picture of her kid in a 2k crash helmet.

Doesnt everyone now that this is just a scam industry FFS?

Babies heads look funny as they are out of proportion and dont have much hair.

Any flatness will work its way out.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/plagiocephaly/Pages/Introduction.aspx

'There are specially designed helmets and headbands that some people claim can help improve the shape of a baby's skull as they grow.

These devices apply pressure to "bulging" parts of the skull and relieve pressure from other parts, potentially allowing growth in the flatter areas.

Treatment is started when the child's skull is still soft, usually at around five or six months old, and the device is worn almost continuously (up to 23 hours a day) for several months.

However, these helmets and headbands generally aren't recommended because:

• there isn't clear evidence to suggest they work
  • they often cause problems such as skin irritation and rashes
  • they're expensive, typically costing around £2,000
  • your baby will need to be checked every few weeks to monitor their head growth and make any necessary adjustments
  • they may be uncomfortable and distressing for your baby'

HOLA442
HOLA443

Hmm could be a real money spinner.

Baby insurance - you take it out before birth. And it will cover things like helmets which will now cost £8000.

Then there will be a birth of a new industry and baby insurance comparison websites, like GO BABY COMPARE! DOT COM.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Ridiculous to be spending money on something that'll right itself in two years in most cases. They'd do better to spend it on mental health. Then the mothers wouldn't need the babes to wear £2k helmets. After all, how many potato-headed adults do you know??? ?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Ridiculous to be spending money on something that'll right itself in two years in most cases. They'd do better to spend it on mental health. Then the mothers wouldn't need the babes to wear £2k helmets. After all, how many potato-headed adults do you know???

Oh, none of the people I know spent any of their money on it. They have charity days and shake cans for cash.

Mind you, none of the people I know who bought into it finished school/passed exams.

HOLA4415

Ridiculous to be spending money on something that'll right itself in two years in most cases. They'd do better to spend it on mental health. Then the mothers wouldn't need the babes to wear £2k helmets. After all, how many potato-headed adults do you know???

Dont you live on the Isle of Wight ...

HOLA4416

I have read loads of articles from parents trying to raise money to get these helmets made. I assumed it was a genuine problem that the NHS would not fund.

I am now surprised, and interested, to read that it might be a, well, 'fashion statement'? Interesting.

The NHS guidelines are coded.

In plain english it says: 'Dont waste other peoples money on something that does nothing you stupid, fat ar5ed bint'

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

In plain english it says: 'Dont waste other peoples money on something that does nothing you stupid, fat ar5ed bint'

Well, that explains why the NHS will not fund such helmets as, in the general scheme of things, 2K on a helmet is not that much for a treatment if it works considering how much the NHS spends on other patients.

Do you have a link to any info rubbishing these helmets. I would be interested in having a read.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

There was an archaeological dig in ?SE Asia, possibly Indonesia (I'm being vague as this was years ago) where they found lots of bodies with odd shaped heads, slightly flattened on top, pointed at the back.

The theory was that a powerful leader had had this odd shaped head and consequently people were bandaging boards against their babies' heads to give them the shape. Their thinking being that it would make them rich and powerful.

HOLA4421

Well, that explains why the NHS will not fund such helmets as, in the general scheme of things, 2K on a helmet is not that much for a treatment if it works considering how much the NHS spends on other patients.

Do you have a link to any info rubbishing these helmets. I would be interested in having a read.

There's loads. Too many to list.

It came fro America.

Just like lyme disease claims.

TH UK suffers from the scammy/snake oil end of the US make-work health scheme.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

On that basis the NHS should not be paying for vaccinations.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived