House Price Crash Forum

No New House Listings Or Reductions?

HOLA441

I've normally had a handful of RM alerts for new or reduced properties by now .... nothing today. Sellers in shock? Denial? EAs closed for the day? What's happening where you are?

HOLA442

One of my local EAs have listed/relisted a load of properties this morning and there's a relist from a second EA. Most activity there's been for weeks round here (Wimbledon).

Edit: another one came on with a third EA while I was typing.

Edited by This time

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

The agents are too busy with calls from people who had offers accepted, now trying to renegotiate a lower price?

Doubt it, they might try but people will hold on to the dream of what their house is 'worth' until the bitter end and repossessions start picking up. Give it a few years yet

Edited by streamingfreedom

HOLA446

Doubt it, they might try but people will hold on to the dream of what their house is 'worth' until the bitter end and repossessions start picking up. Give it a few years yet

George Osborne promised cheaper houses if people voted for Brexit!

If I was in the buying process I'd have to chance my arm for a lower price. Particularly if it was a new build, given builder's shares have dropped 20%.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Surprisingly, there is already much talk of people pulling out at the last minute.

One of my colleagues knows of my interest in the subject, asking if he should buy as it feels risky, how one of his friends has pulled out of completing on a flat today e.t.c

Sentiment is changing, and quickly !

HOLA4410

I don't think you'll need to wait 2 years to see lower prices. I'd say 2 weeks. Once it starts...

Once banks pull the funding for excessive mortgages, the crash will be fast.

Find a motivated seller and youre in (if you can get the funds or have the funds happy dayz)

HOLA4411

Just had a "low ball" offer declined. It was cash too.

"Can you offer any more?" asked the EA.

"No."

Can you do voices?

Phone up again and using your new persona, make a significantly lower offer than your first one, to make it look good. Underbid yourself but don't blame me if you develop multiple person disorder by the time you move in.

HOLA4412

Can you do voices?

Phone up again and using your new persona, make a significantly lower offer than your first one, to make it look good. Underbid yourself but don't blame me if you develop multiple person disorder by the time you move in.

Ha Ha Ha!!!

No I can't and I have terrible trouble lying about anything. However, I know a man who can...... :ph34r:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Surprisingly, there is already much talk of people pulling out at the last minute.

One of my colleagues knows of my interest in the subject, asking if he should buy as it feels risky, how one of his friends has pulled out of completing on a flat today e.t.c

IMF saying 10% reduction in house prices this year according to my mum! Didn't look for sources but sounds about right.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

There could also be vendors pulling out.

Take those selling to move to Europe, it might seem less attractive now. Even if they can afford the extra £15k or £20k on a £300k purchase over there, due to sterling dropping.

HOLA4417

On another forum

"I just mentioned in another thread, had a message from an EA mate of mine earlier, their phones haven't stopped ringing all morning with buyers withdrawing or reducing their offers.

Interesting times."

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

There could also be vendors pulling out.

Take those selling to move to Europe, it might seem less attractive now. Even if they can afford the extra £15k or £20k on a £300k purchase over there, due to sterling dropping.

Yep, my Aunt was moaning on facebook how their dream of a cottage in France has gone up in smoke... lol

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Anyone been hearing the galliard brexit clause offer by galliard homes on the radio. They basically were advertising that you could pull out of a reservation on a property should there be a Brexit

The same Galliard that said they were happy to offer investors guaranteed rental yield of 5% for a year or more because they couldn't see rents weakening!

HOLA4423

Can you do voices?

I would help you out, but my attempts at voices always end up being over the top foreigners ... "hellooooo dar, ma name ees Desmond Umbongo de Congo and ahh wanna buy de house!"

HOLA4424