House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
7 minutes ago, yelims said:

The actual message if you had listened and read into the red bus - like most who voted to leave - was 'Take Back Control' (says it twice on the bus as it happens).

The EU extracts money from each member state and redistributes the capital in order to control society.

The EU funds society in order to control society.

Edited by Mapatasy

HOLA442
Just now, inbruges said:

Yes, I am sure your data is correct, and again I bet you could use the same suicide data with our welfare state compared to  working people. I despise Labour for constantly keeping people on welfare, I think it's cruel the way they keep so many of them in a state that they are in, like keeping a polar bear or lion in a small cage.

But I am as angry with today's Tories for not offering an alternative 

If only people could escape the trap and live and work freely elsewhere on this continent, its islands and peninsulas, if only

HOLA443
3 minutes ago, Mapatasy said:

The actual message if you had listened and read into the red bus like most who voted to leave was 'Take Back Control'

The EU extracts money from each member state and redistributes the capital in order to control society.

It literally says "We send the EU 50 million a day, lets fund the NHS instead" a giant ******ing whataboutism on 6 wheels

This exercise is already costing the UK economy 71 million a day and UK still hasnt left

Edited by yelims

HOLA444
10 minutes ago, yelims said:

Yawn

This argument has been done to death. I was a Remainer on June 15th 2016 and I knew what that slogan meant as did most people, same old boring argument that has been going on for 2 years plus.

It is actually as clear as it could be as I am reading it now, there is no message there saying "give the NHS 50 million per day", but it is saying money saved "could" go to the NHS if you so wished. Recently I have found myself in a position where I am not paying hardly any rent or mortgage, with the huge savings I could p**s it up a wall, save or go to Sikkim for a long holiday in April... COULD COULD COULD 

Edited by Guest

HOLA445
2 minutes ago, inbruges said:

Yawn

This argument has been done to death. I was a Remainer on June 15th 2016 and I knew what that slogan meant as did most people, same old boring argument that has been going on for 2 years plus.

Remember to repeat this sentence when you and/or your family receive worse healhtcare from NHS (thats assuming its not privatised as per Brexiteer plans) and it costs you the life of your loved one or your own one.

Brexit means being shafted up the ****

Edited by yelims

HOLA446
2 minutes ago, inbruges said:

Yawn

Did you know if you mix all the letters up and play it backwards it says "the EU is a non democratic federalist movement"? ;)

HOLA447
HOLA448
9 minutes ago, yelims said:

It literally says "We send the EU 50 million a day, lets fund the NHS instead" a giant ******ing whataboutism on 6 wheels

This exercise is already costing the UK economy 71 million a day and UK still hasnt left

Even if that was true and as a Remainer myself, who cares

HOLA449
HOLA4410
8 minutes ago, yelims said:

Remember to repeat this sentence when you and/or your family receive worse healhtcare from NHS (thats assuming its not privatised as per Brexiteer plans) and it costs you the life of your loved one or your own one.

Brexit means being shafted up the ****

What do you care anyway, you are Irish ? 

HOLA4411
5 minutes ago, inbruges said:

Yawn

Remainers may have been sceptical but many of the people who voted leave believed it.  There was polling after the referendum about why people voted for Leave and more money for the NHS was the main factor for a lot more than the 1.2% required to swing the vote.

I wonder how they would have voted if they had known that the reality was voting for Leave would result in an immediate loss to the NHS of around £3bn a year. 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
57 minutes ago, inbruges said:

For the same reason long term benefit cheats on housing benefit etc  always want a soft touch Labour party

That was the pre pre-referendum RW thinking - those feckless irresponsible PIIGS countries dragging everybody down.

Enter Brexit referendum and suddenly it’s the comedy wailing and whining for poor poor Greece and the wicked  (part British !) EU. A peculiar and sudden empathy for victimhood  ? 

Just as ridiculous as Johnson and TTIP.

HOLA4414
4 minutes ago, inbruges said:

What do you care anyway, you are Irish ? 

Weve been thru this, I have friends, relatives and colleagues in UK

Not everyone gets a hard on for disaster capitalism brexit style

2 minutes ago, Mapatasy said:

I see. You're inability to separate topics has lead you to believe that by going against brexit you are in fact saving the NHS?

One of the outcomes of Brexit will be the loss of NHS, towards which money is not going as promised on side of buses

Edited by yelims

HOLA4415
4 minutes ago, pig said:

That was the pre pre-referendum RW thinking - those feckless irresponsible PIIGS countries dragging everybody down.

Enter Brexit referendum and suddenly it’s the comedy wailing and whining for poor poor Greece and the wicked  (part British !) EU. A peculiar and sudden empathy for victimhood  ? 

Just as ridiculous as Johnson and TTIP.

Whats happening in the EU country Greece is awful, and it's not the only country. In my opinion it is less the 50 50 that the EU will survive anyway in the next 10 years, Brexit or no Brexit.

In fact, even if Brexit  somehow was over turned next year, and even if the leavers on hearing that news thought "fair cop" and never took to the streets in anger/violence. The UK would still have a EU protest group, the EU would still have all it's problems and worst of all the UK would be divided for years .

HOLA4416
10 minutes ago, yelims said:

One of the outcomes of Brexit will be the loss of NHS, towards which money is not going as promised on side of buses 

Again... where are you getting this info from?

Genuinely interested because I voted leave but am a big supporter of the NHS.

Edited by Mapatasy

HOLA4417
8 minutes ago, Mapatasy said:

I see. You're inability to separate topics has lead you to believe that by going against brexit you are in fact saving the NHS?

Oh - that’s clever. I mean bearing in mind Brexit has been superglued to all sorts of fairy’s and unicorns by its supporters while  the Brexiteer VI’s and politicians work furiously to piggy-back this pile of sh1te on to the back of it.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2018/09/28/the-ieas-plan-a-for-free-trade-is-the-product-of-fanaticism/

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, yelims said:

Maybe eventually it will sink into brexiteer brains that they have been taken for a ride and sold a porkie by various groups who definitely do not have their best intentions in mind.

Brexit Britain sets itself up to learn the hard way

https://www.ft.com/content/003c81a2-bfd2-11e8-95b1-d36dfef1b89a

Leaving the EU will have to happen before they will believe the effect of it.

BTW, my prediction for Brexit is a massive crash in the £, interest rate normalisation at 7% and millions out of work. Tax take collapse. Benefits slashed, inflation sky rockets. HPC ++ for those who have jobs. 15 year economic slump. "Great!" I here the leavers say. 

HOLA4419
6 minutes ago, pig said:

Oh - that’s clever. I mean bearing in mind Brexit has been superglued to all sorts of fairy’s and unicorns by its supporters while  the Brexiteer VI’s and politicians work furiously to piggy-back this pile of sh1te on to the back of it.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2018/09/28/the-ieas-plan-a-for-free-trade-is-the-product-of-fanaticism/

97% of funding for economic research within the UK is funded by [guess who] the EU...

LSE receive nearly 40% of their funding from the EU and have not exactly been shy about how anxious they are in respect to loosing that funding.

HOLA4420
42 minutes ago, Mapatasy said:

The actual message if you had listened and read into the red bus - like most who voted to leave - was 'Take Back Control' (says it twice on the bus as it happens).

If you follow what looks like Brexit telenovela, going and going on without nothing breakthrough happening in 100 episodes, 'Take Back Control' was lie as well.

HOLA4421
2 minutes ago, Mapatasy said:

97% of funding for economic research within the UK is funded by [guess who] the EU...

LSE receive nearly 40% of their funding from the EU and have not exactly been shy about how anxious they are in respect to loosing that funding.

Was that a deliberate typo?

1719651041_ScreenShot2018-09-30at12_32_25.png.751238c86cddcc30633248618521c9af.png

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
13 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

Brexit Britain sets itself up to learn the hard way

https://www.ft.com/content/003c81a2-bfd2-11e8-95b1-d36dfef1b89a

Leaving the EU will have to happen before they will believe the effect of it.

BTW, my prediction for Brexit is a massive crash in the £, interest rate normalisation at 7% and millions out of work. Tax take collapse. Benefits slashed, inflation sky rockets. HPC ++ for those who have jobs. 15 year economic slump. "Great!" I here the leavers say. 

Or winners and loser I hear them say.

There is a few of your examples I can see that could be quite appealing to many leavers 

HOLA4424
HOLA4425