House Price Crash Forum

"i Was An Angry Young Renter Who Railed Against The Mortgage Industry. Until I Bought A House"

HOLA441
HOLA442

Have been recently renting after having owned for many years, i can honestly say i hate renting.

I cant put a picture on the wall, i know im going to get screwed if wine goes on the carpet, i cant knock a wall out, build a shed or have any motivation to do the garden.

Its not about the yield of the landlord or the fact i can live in a rented place bigger than i can afford to buy.

HOLA443

Have been recently renting after having owned for many years, i can honestly say i hate renting.

I cant put a picture on the wall, i know im going to get screwed if wine goes on the carpet, i cant knock a wall out, build a shed or have any motivation to do the garden.

Its not about the yield of the landlord or the fact i can live in a rented place bigger than i can afford to buy.

how are you getting screwed more if wine goes on the carpet in a rental? does wine not stain if you have a mortgage?

I get the point though re knocking walls down and the garden, I've been tidying our garden up recently and keep thinking whats the point but it means we get to enjoy the summer and host bbqs with a nice outdoor space, doesn't matter that we'll eventually move out. We're enjoying the benefits whilst we're here.

I would never move into a house where you weren't allowed to put pictures up, feckin ridiculous proposal.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Agree with this entirely. Everybody immediately assumes superiority over you as soon as they know you aint no DEBTmonkey.

That assumption doesn't last long with me.

It's a good people filter though. If somebody starts acting the merry tw@t when they find out you're renting you know not to waste any time on them.

Edited by Dorkins

HOLA446

You're not looked down upon, you're secretly envied!

If only you knew, im sat here with 6.5 times average salary in the bank but due to HTB2 and that ####Gidiot and other circumstances out of my control i'm stuck at the parents house.

Fckn nightmare.

Get the snip or emigrate is my advice to any young male in England.

HOLA447

Of course you can put pictures up, just use these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Command-Picture-Hanging-Strips-Value/dp/B000OF6X48

Even if I owned a house I'd use these now, means you can make changes without damaging the fabric of the building.

HOLA448

If only you knew, im sat here with 6.5 times average salary in the bank but due to HTB2 and that ####Gidiot and other circumstances out of my control i'm stuck at the parents house.

Fckn nightmare.

Get the snip or emigrate is my advice to any young male in England.

get on the ladder before its too late, prices are only going up from here, invest in bricks and mortar, its never been easy to get on the ladder, all part of growing up innit.

HOLA449

how are you getting screwed more if wine goes on the carpet in a rental? does wine not stain if you have a mortgage?

No but if you own your own carpet who cares, if its the landlord he will want a new one.

And that not even mentioning the rip off agent fees and the worry that youll be sectioned and out on the street.

Ive been looking at places to buy all at kite flying prices. Agents keep calling but every time i say too expensive. They dont take the hint. If it was 100k less (ie at last years prices) or had an extra bedroom for the price, why should i load up on more debt for the sake of endless HPI?

HOLA4410

get on the ladder before its too late, prices are only going up from here, invest in bricks and mortar, its never been easy to get on the ladder, all part of growing up innit.

Get on the ladder and never get off it, you will regret it, HPI to infinity....

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I've done all bar knocking a wall out without problem.

HOLA4413

It doesn't make any sense.

But then, precipitated by the spectre of my young family being evicted from our two-bed flat, and some unforeseen inheritance, I got a mortgage.

Already house-viewings have become not just a quest for a roof to shelter my family, but an exercise in dispassionate property speculation. Cultural osmosis from programmes such as “Cash in the Attic” leave me asking about conversion potential before I even walk through the door.

So he has a mortgage but hasn't bought a house? But the title is "I was an angry young renter who railed against the mortgage industry. Until I bought a house." What? Did the headline writer even read the story?

HOLA4414

BolIox i want loadsaipods.

Edited by Rigged

HOLA4415