House Price Crash Forum

Concrete Bases As A Possible Second Income.

HOLA441
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I thought about taking my greenhouse apart to get at the algae between where the panes overlap but since I broke the one piece I did remove I think they'll stay put. At least I managed to replace it (and a couple of other pre-broken panes) without further damage, which is pretty good by my standards of practicality.

HOLA443
Guest eight

Yup. Met someone who smashed about 30 up and skipped the lot. Criminal.

I rang up our local waste disposal company and said "I wanna skip outside my house". They said "Don't let us stop you".

HOLA444
HOLA445

Before it's a proper "manly" shed you need to display a good socket set, and an Avometer Mk8.

HOLA446

Before it's a proper "manly" shed you need to display a good socket set, and an Avometer Mk8.

Hold on I'm only just starting to walk I'll see if I can steel them for a photo from a proper man's shed and I think I know just the person.

Overall though I've amazed even myself with it's construction and more so with the base accuracy, it's mm perfect (or fractions of an inch, old skool).

HOLA447
HOLA448

Don't worry, a proper man's shed is only for proper men. You should be fine.

That's just the shed for the weekend (and soon to be home for the lawnmower, garden furniture and tools.

This is the real mansanctuary... try getting that on a Barratt postage stamp sized garden, I could fit another 7. I love the 60s they built proper houses.

20160522_174538_resized.jpg

post-26654-0-01927500-1463935806_thumb.jpg

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I really hope you painted the fence and shed before you stuck all that in

To be honest I've seen the modern water based treatment pretty much disappear off some surfaces within 24months. Should just be able to drenchthose surfaces with a spray if the roof is up to bodyweight.

I was recommended barratine clear from Mole Valley for protecting a bike shed I built out of freshly cut lap and I've use the oil based stuff from wickes which does seem to have some of the properties of the creosote of old.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

To be honest I've seen the modern water based treatment pretty much disappear off some surfaces within 24months. Should just be able to drenchthose surfaces with a spray if the roof is up to bodyweight.

I was recommended barratine clear from Mole Valley for protecting a bike shed I built out of freshly cut lap and I've use the oil based stuff from wickes which does seem to have some of the properties of the creosote of old.

I use decking oil - closest equivalent to creosote in my mind. There's not much water that'll find itself between the fence panel and shed wall so guestimate I can forget about reapplying for at least another decade.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I thought your burd was minted ? How come you've got such a wee garden ? What will people think of you !!

I may be totally off beam, bit didn't LTS and Mrs LTS go their separate ways?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

edit: oh gaw'd... I was saying that in jest - you didn't have to and the answer is no I won't do it not even for the £5k you offered. Erghh!

Bit late but...

Eight I salute your absolute commitment to internet japes sir! You are a credit to this forum and the internet at large.

Do you do twitter?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Guest eight

Bit late but...

Eight I salute your absolute commitment to internet japes sir! You are a credit to this forum and the internet at large.

Do you do twitter?

I wouldn't know where to start, to be honest.

Anyway, I'm miserable as sin in real life. If I ever made it to one of Mark's soirées then the horrible truth would be revealed.

HOLA4424

I thought about taking my greenhouse apart to get at the algae between where the panes overlap but since I broke the one piece I did remove I think they'll stay put. At least I managed to replace it (and a couple of other pre-broken panes) without further damage, which is pretty good by my standards of practicality.

Try this, from a sprayer:

http://www.wetandforget.com/product_wet_and_forget_outdoor.html

CostCo has best price, around 23 quid for 5L iirc. Dilutes and goes a long way. Takes time to work but is easy to apply. Paths and exterior woodwork benefit too- I am questioning the need for fence paint/treatments at all after removing all the algae on sheds and fences and gates with this stuff. Reapply every year or so, but it takes very little time with a garden sprayer.

HOLA4425

I wouldn't know where to start, to be honest.

Anyway, I'm miserable as sin in real life. If I ever made it to one of Mark's soirées then the horrible truth would be revealed.

Not Sure If Serious.

Either way you regularly crack me up. I'll be 37 next month, and am socially shy and awkward. I've steeled myself to go to various internet forum meetups, and had a great time every time.

People are nicer IRL than they are on the internet- do turn up next time!

Archived