House Price Crash Forum

HOLA441

I wanted to start a thread with very informative documentaries for any HPC'er.

I'll start with theses twoe must's:

1) http://documentary-movie.com/inside-job/

Narrated by Mat Damon, the documentary explains the wallstreet crash of 08. Subjects include liar loans (predatory loans), Collaterlatised Debt Obligations and Securities Fraud.

2) Princes of the Yen

This documentary explains the rise and fall of the Japanese economy between the end of WWII and the bubble crash of the 80's.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Thanks for great links, particularly looking foward to seeing the PBS one in full. Enjoyed The Four Horsemen but my favourite housing-specific documentary to date is The Flaw, hands down, fantastic series of interviews and really clear explanation of why it all went to hell in a handcart. It's quite chewy, took me a couple of viewings, maybe 3, before got it all, but well worth it and I now watch it once in a while just for, er, fun!

Wish I could post a link to a site where you could view it for free, I think I originally recorded it when it was the Storyville documentary, then it was on Netflix, not sure it still is. I loved it so much bought dvd.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

When you see all these excellent documentaries listed together on one thread it's remarkable and indeed truly shameful that the media usuals and politicians etc still keep coming out with the same old inaccurate misleading self serving explanations for what happened and what continues to happen. Some of the documentaries even made by companies that still propagate the inaccurate self serving themes.

As if their themes cannot change and are writ in stone. Lessons just aren't learnt.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4415

Someone needs to make a vine for the millennials to understand where we are now and that they will never get the time of their lives like their parents are having.

Ive seen alot of these and they are great for the crowd here. But that's to the converted.

Wheres the animation of krusty and that lot to crash?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4421
  • 3 months later...
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Best documentary and straight to the point

The Money Masters

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ByFfzMORXSM"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Money masters is well worth the time ,but for those that wan`t what is essentially a shorter version

Edited by long time lurking