House Price Crash Forum

Making A Murderer

CyberNat

HOLA441

I may be late to the party with this but I am flabbergasted! For those that don't know, this is a 10 part documentary about a man called Steven Avery and his family. Avery was wrongly accused of rape and served 18 years in prison. DNA evidence eventually proved his innocence and he was released. This is just the start of the story though.

I have never seen anything like this before. It is incredible. I have just binge watched up to episode 4 and my jaw has been on the floor the whole time.

It is shocking what I have seen so far.

It is available on Netflix.

HOLA442

It's great isn't it and if you haven't already and have Amazon prime look at Mr Robot. Cyber crime mixed with big business and examines the meme of the 1% and the elite ruling the world, Christian Slater very good as well as some of the ensemble cast, the main characters boss was the president in house of cards etc.

But of course you can always watch Eastenders or Casualty from the wonderful compulsory bbc comrade !

HOLA443

I may be late to the party with this but I am flabbergasted! For those that don't know, this is a 10 part documentary about a man called Steven Avery and his family. Avery was wrongly accused of rape and served 18 years in prison. DNA evidence eventually proved his innocence and he was released. This is just the start of the story though.

I have never seen anything like this before. It is incredible. I have just binge watched up to episode 4 and my jaw has been on the floor the whole time.

It is shocking what I have seen so far.

It is available on Netflix.

A terrible miscarriage of justice, but not really an excuse to kill someone! I bet a great many people come out of prison more dangerous than when they went in, sadly.

HOLA444

I watched the series. If you read some of the criticisms it asks some questions. Still not sure either way, but he was probably stitched up.

SPOILER: in white

Read up about his brothers and his brother in law

HOLA445

I can't believe he was convicted beyond reasonable doubt - so many questions about the 'evidence' and avenues that weren't pursued. Not sure whether he did or did not do it, but that was in no way a fair trail. Shocking and fascinating stuff!

HOLA446

A terrible miscarriage of justice, but not really an excuse to kill someone! I bet a great many people come out of prison more dangerous than when they went in, sadly.

As miscarriage`s of justice go it don`t get much worse than this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lynette_White

What has happened since the convictions were overturned just makes the mind boggle

HOLA447

Haven't seen the series so can't comment, but prior to that he was found guilty of

1) Burglary (2 years, served 10 months)

2) Animal Cruelty - poured gasoline onto his cat and threw it into a fire (9 months)

3) Assualt - assualted his cousin by running her off the road at gunpoint (6 years)

so not entirely whiter than white. All miscarriages of justice are tragic, but if you're suggesting this turned him into a murderer it looks like he didn't really need much help in that department.

HOLA448

You have clearly not watched this series.

Haven't seen the series so can't comment, but prior to that he was found guilty of

1) Burglary (2 years, served 10 months)

2) Animal Cruelty - poured gasoline onto his cat and threw it into a fire (9 months)

3) Assualt - assualted his cousin by running her off the road at gunpoint (6 years)

so not entirely whiter than white. All miscarriages of justice are tragic, but if you're suggesting this turned him into a murderer it looks like he didn't really need much help in that department.

He is very far from being a model citizen but if you watch the series you will see that he was very obviously stitched up. The police felt very threatened by him once he was released as he was going to sue them for $36 million dollars and certain Police officers were going to be held personally liable.

I have literally just finished watching the series and don't know what the general opinion is of people who watched it but I would be shocked if most people didn't believe he is innocent.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

He is very far from being a model citizen but if you watch the series you will see that he was very obviously stitched up. The police felt very threatened by him once he was released as he was going to sue them for $36 million dollars and certain Police officers were going to be held personally liable.

I have literally just finished watching the series and don't know what the general opinion is of people who watched it but I would be shocked if most people didn't believe he is innocent.

Ah ok I thought the premise was that the rape stitch up and what he went through turned him into a murderer. Like I said, I haven't watched it.

HOLA4411

No, I was reading between the lines. Can quite easily believe that he was framed by disgruntled coppers. But would that have stopped him suing? Is there a law that says someone cannot receive claims for damages if found guilty of a subsequent unrelated crime?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

You want a tragic, wrongful conviction

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lesley_Molseed

Poor, poor guy

Brutal. West Yorkshire Police - again. Just how much dodginess have they been involved in over the years ?!

His mother appealed to her local MP and was ignored. Cyril Smith..... :ph34r:

The 4 girls who made statements against him 'did it for a laugh'. Only one had the decency to apologise after the fact for what they did.

So thats 3 women out there today - who sat and watched an innocent man go to jail for something he hadnt done - and said nothing. And then after finding out he was completely innocent - couldnt even bother themselves to say sorry.

These women will probably still be out there. If they are capable of that - what else are they capable of ?

HOLA4414

I can't believe he was convicted beyond reasonable doubt - so many questions about the 'evidence' and avenues that weren't pursued. Not sure whether he did or did not do it, but that was in no way a fair trail. Shocking and fascinating stuff!

So the documentary would have you believe. Do a bit more research and you learn the documentary left out lots of evidence and portrayed things how they wanted to make it juicier so more people would watch and be offended.

Archived