House Price Crash Forum

The International War On Cash

HOLA441
2 hours ago, Sour Mash said:

Let's face it, most people are too thick to understand why having the ability to use physical cash for monetary transactions is a good thing.

This lack of nous is certainly something those at the top prey upon so cash will go and probably sooner rather than later with the economy becoming ever more controlled by the bankers and less free than ever.

Also a reason why bitcoin/cryptos will be suffocated .. can't have alternative monetary systems developing outside the control of the establishment.

And all the various alternatives certainly are much more convenient for the purposes of spending/purchasing ... I use a variety of them myself.

If you've got nothing to hide you have nothing to fear!

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Found this thread already on here when thinking about the reduction and removal of physical cash.

The local onestop convenience stores cash point has been out of order for a few months now, where as if it went down before it would be fixed asap. The contactless amount has been increased and covid 19 has put people off handling other people's cash, as change when buying items. My wife went out this summer and the ice cream van only took card payments. At work the vending machine even takes card payments for 20p a cup.

Thinking about the young lads at work they now are paid electronically and pay by using their phone, for daily stuff and bank transfer for rent, car and phone etc. Absolutely no cash carried at any time.

I asked a plasterer if he could do a job cheaper for cash and he said no, as he needed to prove his earnings for a mortgage. He had only declared £15000 for the last few years and the bank would only borrow him £60000 for a house.

Once cash goes as mentioned before 4 years ago in this thread, we could get negative interest rates and even a bail in. 

Times are certainly changing, the time of people having wages paid in cash is gone and those that did, probably would never believe that cash could disappear in their lifetime.

Any thoughts?

HOLA443

Found this thread already on here when thinking about the reduction and removal of physical cash.

The local onestop convenience stores cash point has been out of order for a few months now, where as if it went down before it would be fixed asap. The contactless amount has been increased and covid 19 has put people off handling other people's cash, as change when buying items. My wife went out this summer and the ice cream van only took card payments. At work the vending machine even takes card payments for 20p a cup.

Thinking about the young lads at work they now are paid electronically and pay by using their phone, for daily stuff and bank transfer for rent, car and phone etc. Absolutely no cash carried at any time.

I asked a plasterer if he could do a job cheaper for cash and he said no, as he needed to prove his earnings for a mortgage. He had only declared £15000 for the last few years and the bank would only borrow him £60000 for a house.

Once cash goes as mentioned before 4 years ago in this thread, we could get negative interest rates and even a bail in. 

Times are certainly changing, the time of people having wages paid in cash is gone and those that did, probably would never believe that cash could disappear in their lifetime.

Any thoughts?

You also have to look at it from an evolutionary perspective, it does make life easier, the young will not know any difference they will think cards are normal, it will be better for Governments as they can collect more taxes but it may decrease the black economy which even communist countries admit make some transactions smoother.  

HOLA444

I'm reluctant to see cash go. The black economy will find a way - recently was asked to pay via bank transfer at a shop on the high street. I kept the sort code details and it was a bank in Croatia, bit dodge. 

But removing cash impacts the poor most. People who can't run a phone easily, maybe aren't that bright or good at tracking spending, people who struggle with abstract concepts. And every time I use Apple pay they know that bit more about me, they gather more data. I hate that. 

What are we turning into?

HOLA445

I'm reluctant to see cash go. The black economy will find a way - recently was asked to pay via bank transfer at a shop on the high street. I kept the sort code details and it was a bank in Croatia, bit dodge. 

But removing cash impacts the poor most. People who can't run a phone easily, maybe aren't that bright or good at tracking spending, people who struggle with abstract concepts. And every time I use Apple pay they know that bit more about me, they gather more data. I hate that. 

What are we turning into?

Lets be honest Facebook knows more about you than the secret services.

HOLA446

As we freely give up our shopping habits and internet browsing details to big business etc I can't see a need for cash.

Some people will struggle regardless wether they had physical cash or tokens of some sort. Worse still, In the future the government could even stop your rent, council tax and bills directly out of your wage, then let you have a bit of spending credit. It would mean you were fed and housed but when you've spent your remaining credit, it's gone till next week. The low paid might not be much different than the unemployed receiving housing benefit etc

HOLA447

As we freely give up our shopping habits and internet browsing details to big business etc I can't see a need for cash.

Some people will struggle regardless wether they had physical cash or tokens of some sort. Worse still, In the future the government could even stop your rent, council tax and bills directly out of your wage, then let you have a bit of spending credit. It would mean you were fed and housed but when you've spent your remaining credit, it's gone till next week. The low paid might not be much different than the unemployed receiving housing benefit etc

19842-01.jpg?1384968217

HOLA448
HOLA449

Personally over the coming years I'm more worried about increases in taxation and the theft of peoples savings. It goes without saying that the amount borrowed during this pandemic, on top of the existing debt needs to be repaid somehow.

Although I'm in full time employment now, I used to be an electrical contractor for the last 20 years and I got used to receiving a fluctuating income. I have always kept a lump sum to one side to see me through lean times. I can see my hard work and savings being eradicated., if I'm not careful.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I post as little as possible on Facebook but I do enjoy some of the group's on there. The market place is a good local alternative to eBay for second hand goods. Ironically second hand items that are normally the sort to sell for cash, we been have asked to receive money via PayPal or bank transfer too, so less cash there as Well.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
  • 1 year later...
HOLA4414

The 2022 annual World Government Summit is now over.

https://www.worldgovernmentsummit.org/events/annual-gathering-2022

An important topic this year was the incoming cashless society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR2R3ea_SPY

It is reassuring to know that these deeply caring philanthropists are looking out for humanity so selflessly.  🤨

HOLA4415
2 minutes ago, The Spaniard said:

The 2022 annual World Government Summit is now over.

https://www.worldgovernmentsummit.org/events/annual-gathering-2022

An important topic this year was the incoming cashless society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR2R3ea_SPY

It is reassuring to know that these deeply caring philanthropists are looking out for humanity so selflessly.  🤨

God forbid someone might buy something or make a transaction  without the proper people knowing about it.

Will go nicely with mandatory GPS tracking in vehicles (for your safety and to be 'fairer' than road tax).

Great to know our beneficent leaders are taking care of us poor plebs!  What would we do without their selfless public servitude.

HOLA4416
37 minutes ago, Sour Mash said:

God forbid someone might buy something or make a transaction  without the proper people knowing about it.

Will go nicely with mandatory GPS tracking in vehicles (for your safety and to be 'fairer' than road tax).

Great to know our beneficent leaders are taking care of us poor plebs!  What would we do without their selfless public servitude.

The world is changing and not for the better. 

HOLA4417