Frank Hovis

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Fantastic, but as the biggest selling 12 inch of all time, it's not really obscure.

My daughter has a robot fish that activates itself randomly while lying in the soap dish between baths, and sounds exactly like the intro to Blue Monday.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Fantastic, but as the biggest selling 12 inch of all time, it's not really obscure.

24 Hour Party People? I love that line:

(Talking about Blue Monday)

Tony Wilson's mate: Tony, do you realise the artwork on this single is so expensive we're going to lose 5p on every one we sell

Tony Wilson: It's OK we're not going to ******ing sell any

Voiceover: Blue Monday went on to becoming the biggest selling 12 inch single of all time

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

24 Hour Party People? I love that line:

(Talking about Blue Monday)

Tony Wilson's mate: Tony, do you realise the artwork on this single is so expensive we're going to lose 5p on every one we sell

Tony Wilson: It's OK we're not going to ******ing sell any

Voiceover: Blue Monday went on to becoming the biggest selling 12 inch single of all time

Yes, great film.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

The The - Heartland [1986]

Was introduced to this by another member on here..

The Pet Shop Boys must have liked it - that "clunk" noise at the start is rather similar to the intro of "Always on My Mind".

Very good Call Mark; I'd actually forgotten that but used to love it. He did the whole album as a series of videos, very unusual for the time, and it was a very strong album.

HOLA4415

Very well known band members but this was a side project that didn't get much publicity at the time.

(The Glove)

A very good album indeed: Going home time - story on the radio

I don't know anybody else who had it or had even heard of them.

Eight: as frozen-out said Electronic were a very successful, and decent, band. Begone from this thread with your mainstream.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Perhaps not quite 80s.

Whatever ever became of band members Bill Drummond, Ian Broudie and Hollly Johnson?

Jane Casey (singer) is still going strong too AFAIK.

I'm more of a Crucial Three fan myself: Pete Wylie, Julian Cope and Ian McCullough

This was an early cracker from Pete, not really bettered by him IMO, 1979 so just on the cusp:

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
  • 4 months later...
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

This is the very first post of very long term lurker, listen to the words of this;-

It takes me back 30 yrs to a time of bliss.....

Huge fan at the time of NMA, saw them live with a support band called Fuse.

Possibly because i had played that album to death my favourite song was a much more obscure one, RIP, loved the galloping rhythm:

Funny how they all come running if you let your pockets jangle a little

For no earthly reason I found myself humming this this morning.

Can't have heard it since the time, if I even did then. Took a good bit of googling to find out what it actually was.

Then Jericho were the coolest band ever. Big Area was a cracking song, didn't know that one.

Archived