House Price Crash Forum

Japanese Research Exposes Statin Scam: People With High Cholesterol Live Longer

The Eagle

HOLA441

Four Japanese researchers published an analysis on cholesterol guidelines and statin drugs in the April 2015 edition of the Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism.

The entire study can be read free online here.

A quote:

The relationship between all-cause mortality and serum cholesterol levels in Japan is a very interesting one: mortality actually goes down with higher total or low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol levels, as reported by most Japanese epidemiological studies of the general population.

http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/japanese-research-exposes-statin-scam-people-with-high-cholesterol-live-longer/

One of the best documentaries exposing the statin scam and interviewing doctors in the industry who have exposed it, was published in 2013 on ABC in Australia. The medical authorities were not successful in preventing it from being aired on TV, but they forced ABC to remove them from their website.

Watch it on youtube here:

Discuss.

HOLA442

Unless you are gentically disposed to very high levels of cholesterol, and I mean you can see it on the wrists, and around the eyes, I wouldn't worry. It's needed to keep going. :blink:

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

People should think carefully about everything they eat/take.....what are the side effects, who provided the data and why....why do they promote what they do, what is in it for them rather than you........anything addictive or maintains a need, means they are more likely to have a customer for life. ;)

HOLA446
HOLA447

Well. that`s it. No margarine and more butter and LARD !

These "animal fats" are fine for you. I don't know why we turned against them. My dad's family were a farming lot, and all seemed to last a long time. Mind you farming is good exercise! :blink: More than sitting at a desk doing pie charts!

HOLA448

I never had a problem with my weight until my late twenties, peaking at 15.5 stone at 37. Up until then i had been eating the usual low fat stuff like margarine, vegetable oils, etc. I basically cut out sugar and replaced the veg oils with animal fats, lard, butter, etc. The weight fell off me and has never come back and I feel so much better.

HOLA449

I never had a problem with my weight until my late twenties, peaking at 15.5 stone at 37. Up until then i had been eating the usual low fat stuff like margarine, vegetable oils, etc. I basically cut out sugar and replaced the veg oils with animal fats, lard, butter, etc. The weight fell off me and has never come back and I feel so much better.

Sugar is probably bad.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Well my Doctor (now ex doctor) told me that I`d have to take statins.( After having a stroke) I told her that my level (5.0) was OK and that I didn't need them. £££££ appeared in her eyes.

Well that's interesting, as I got 4.9.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

According to the video the guideline has moved from 6,5 to 5.0.recently.

I don't know what the figures mean, but you need cholesterol some to keep going! :wacko:

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Thats one fast and easy way to increase 'sales' in one fell swoop.

Being a bit cynical, I tend to agree with you! Being not quite average is not a problem.

HOLA4416

I have had 3 statins over the years,

Atorvastatin, Simvastatin and lately Rosavastatin.

I suffered crippling pain in my legs on Atorvastatin, similar with Simvastatin including vision disturbances and such huge memory loss with Rosvastatin that my children were contemplating contacting my lawyer regarding my LPA.

Never again will I touch them.

HOLA4417

I have had 3 statins over the years,

Atorvastatin, Simvastatin and lately Rosavastatin.

I suffered crippling pain in my legs on Atorvastatin, similar with Simvastatin including vision disturbances and such huge memory loss with Rosvastatin that my children were contemplating contacting my lawyer regarding my LPA.

Never again will I touch them.

Interesting Mr Byron. I think people are sometimes prescribed drugs for no good reason, apart from they are for sale! :(

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The doctor would like me to carry on taking them.

But I am 72 years old and there is little evidence that statins are of any use to geriatrics.

You don't sound like geriatric, although you have a few years more than me! :blink:

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I worry for my Dad who pops Statins like multivitamins. He works a job that is highly stressful and the Doctors have him on all kinds of Statins to control his blood pressure. He is one of these people who worry aabout everything and are too scared to turn down the Doctor advice despite Statins causing my Grandfathers Kidneys to completely shut down over night. The link between Statins and Sudden Kidney failure is huge but lobbying from Big Pharma keeps it out of the headlines. My Grandfather was on them for 3 years before his Kidneys packed up and my Dad has been on them for 2 years now. I keep telling my Dad to quit them now and just take a less stressful job (he gets job offers all the time as a Senior Engineer) but he won't leave his current firm due to the owner being a good friend of his. He knows he could work half the number of hours and make double what he is paid now if he left but his loyalty to his firm and friend prevents him from taking action. Instead he would rather work 60+ hours a week for £30K a year and die of stress before he even retires. If it were me I would pack it in tomorrow morning and go freelance for £500 a day, work one month on one month off. He can do this easily but he's just too soft to say no to his friend.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Well, I eat breakfast which consists of one wheatabix, a few oats and sliced apple.

Dinner is a big plate of fried food cooked in LARD!

This keeps me going till the next day.

Anyway If you don't hear from me again you`ll know why!

Btw I`m 56....73,5 kg.....6ft.

Never felt better!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived