House Price Crash Forum

Paris Shootings..

libspero

HOLA441

Mr Patel will most likely be Hindu. And dont blame Mr. Singh either....

Mr Patel was a Muslim gentleman! I knew that much, but I didn't ask which sort. He never exploded in the time I worked with him.

I'm not sure all Sunni Muslims are terrorists.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

To be fair, a high ranking Iranian cleric has condemed the attacks

But he will be the other sort of Muslim, Shia. And we know how Iran and Iraq got on for a few years.

I'm sure a lot of people, Muslim,Shia or Sunni, or not will condemn this!

HOLA444
HOLA445

Absolutely don't get angry with the refugees, but the organisations that assisted Merkel's barmy open invitation. What could be more inequitable than concentrating resourses on homing a tiny fraction of would be (mainly young male) refugees, these resources should have been put into the really vulnerable in the camps and on a military solution to this crisis.

I think the EU's response in league with lefty do gooders is in danger of completely destabilising Europe without actually solving anything.

The EU's reponse is rather more a lack of response. Our EU leaders have been caught completely unprepared.

Our (UK, EU, USA, NATO) record of military action has hardly been a success, at least in the eyes of any sensible person. Our government can't make up its mind whether it wants to fight ISIS or Assad.

HOLA446

I don't know why people are equating this with the migrant crisis, closing down immigration is not going to stop terrorists who will arrive by air with a tourist visa.

Preventing people from leaving Syria is like the police arriving at the Bataclan concert hall and just locking the doors and leaving the terrorists to finish the job.

for fuchs sake people, grow a bit of humanity

If anything allowing more migration and a truly integrated mixed society would make such attacks more difficult, heavy metal attracts an audience which is mostly white and male - if 20% of that audience had been muslim it wouldnt have been such an attractive target to these nutters.

they dont want to integrate...thats one of the many problems with the Religion of Peace...

HOLA447

That's like saying......

"Catholics Catholics Catholics.

It's not Protestants, they are regarded as 'dogs' by Catholics and when you hear......"

You'll have to forgive my simplistic 'I don't give a t**s' what they call themselves or the finer nuances of how they prey. They all worship Allah, Mohamed the Koran, etc. They are are Muslim and thus it is incumbent on the Muslim community to make itself heard.

IF, as you assert, these acts are solely Sunni in origin then there should be no problem, or delay, in hearing unequivocal and unconditional condemnation of these attacks from Shia muslims. I've started my stopwatch.

It is exactly like saying that. Whilst I certainly don't blame religion for the Ulster troubles it was certainly used as a divider and I don't think anybody at the time would have said "Protestant, Catholic, same thing".

As other posters have said Shias are actively fighting ISIS, of course they will unequivocally condemn this.

HOLA448

I would expect most Iranians/ Shi'ites to condemn the attacks. ISIS are their enemies. Iran is fighting ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

We need to get a coaltion force on the grounds starting with those that are actually doing something...Russia, Iran, Syria. Probably the biggest hurdle is getting the UK and US on board because of their atttitude to Assad.

Basically we backed the wrong side and its time we came around to the Russian thinking on this. Sometimes you have to work with undesirables (like Stalin in world war two) to get a result.

HOLA449

We need to get a coaltion force on the grounds starting with those that are actually doing something...Russia, Iran, Syria. Probably the biggest hurdle is getting the UK and US on board because of their atttitude to Assad.

Basically we backed the wrong side and its time we came around to the Russian thinking on this.

Totally agree but we won't.

Israel wants Assad out as it removes a major threat to Israel (as was also the case with Saddam Hussein, Iraq may be a mess now but it is no military threat to Israel).

The US will not go against Israel, and we will not go against the US.

So rather than ally with Russia in supporting Assad we are edging towards a proxy war with Russia.

Hey ho.

HOLA4410

I don't know why people are equating this with the migrant crisis, closing down immigration is not going to stop terrorists who will arrive by air with a tourist visa.

Preventing people from leaving Syria is like the police arriving at the Bataclan concert hall and just locking the doors and leaving the terrorists to finish the job.

If anything allowing more migration and a truly integrated mixed society would make such attacks more difficult, heavy metal attracts an audience which is mostly white and male - if 20% of that audience had been muslim it wouldnt have been such an attractive target to these nutters.

I'm curious just which Islamic beliefs and traditional middle eastern customs do you think we should all adopt as we create this "truly integrated mixed society", because getting everyone to eat the occasional falafel doesn't seem to have cut it with the Muslim community so far. Or is it just that you believe that the superiority of the Western European lifestyle and outlook is so obvious that anyone coming into contact with them will immediately adopt those beliefs? Your entire line of thinking here is nonsensical. You call for a mixed society, but what you really mean is that migrants should all convert to Guardian-reading, right-on types.

HOLA4411

I wonder, if at some point in the future when we have travelled much deeper into the rabbit hole, if we will see where <enter European country here> Muslims loyalties truly lie.

At crunch time, will they decide to be <enter European country here> or Muslim? At face value, the lack of integration appears that you cannot really be both.

HOLA4412

To be fair, a high ranking Iranian cleric has condemed the attacks

OK. That's a start. Was it unequivocal and unconditional? With absolutely none of the usual carefully slipped in 'but at the same time we must also condemn Western zionist agression......' sort of 'conditionality'? and is he Sunni or Shia?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Totally agree but we won't.

Israel wants Assad out as it removes a major threat to Israel (as was also the case with Saddam Hussein, Iraq may be a mess now but it is no military threat to Israel).

The US will not go against Israel, and we will not go against the US.

So rather than ally with Russia in supporting Assad we are edging towards a proxy war with Russia.

Hey ho.

I tend to think you have also got to look at Assad's ''humanitarian crimes'' from the angle of what he is up against from the fanatical religious opposition. At the end of the day he has not in any way endangered innocent Westerners...meanwhile we have had to put up with slaughter of the innocents on our own door step and cage burnings and beheading from the Assad opposition. Trying to differentiate between good and bad rebels is very dangerous imo, I fully agree with the Russian view here.

HOLA4416

We always have nutters! Their "cause" is nothing to do with religion. It's tribal.

Plenty of Muslims here already, and have been for years. I don't think they do bombs!

HOLA4417

I wonder, if at some point in the future when we have travelled much deeper into the rabbit hole, if we will see where <enter European country here> Muslims loyalties truly lie.

At crunch time, will they decide to be <enter European country here> or Muslim? At face value, the lack of integration appears that you cannot really be both.

France. 15% Muslim in the armed forces.

There has already been one mutiny on a ship for religious reasons (objecting to the bombing of Kosovo). Muslim soldiers are three times more likely to desert and the French army has done confidential studies on the likely response in the event of needing to attack, in particular, Algeria.

When you cannot rely upon your armed forces to do what is asked of them you are a failed country.

HOLA4418

We always have nutters! Their "cause" is nothing to do with religion. It's tribal.

Plenty of Muslims here already, and have been for years. I don't think they do bombs!

Tube and bus bombings in London? Multiple foiled plots, Lee Rigby.

It's not all flowers and sunshine in our garden.

HOLA4419

It's not a mixed society that fixes this. It's an assimilated one. Birmingham is the home of heavy metal, so people of the Muslim persuasion aren't not going to the concerts because none of them have had the opportunity to listen to it.

HOLA4420

My stopwatch is still ticking.......

It's now 11.30am (London time) the morning after and the various news website pages have already got the usual quotes from various public figures all offering their condemnation and sympathies. Cameron, Corbyn, Archbishop of Canterbury...even Putin.

But still not a single quote, I can see, from any leading muslim figures in the West.

I'm sure it's just a case that it's because they're all in such a terrible state of shock that they haven't even been able to put pen to paper yet.

HOLA4421

My

But still not a single quote, I can see, from any leading muslim figures in the West.

I'm sure it's just a case that it's because they're all in such a terrible state of shock that they haven't even been able to put pen to paper yet.

There aren't any!

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

My stopwatch is still ticking.......

It's now 11.30am (London time) the morning after and the various news website pages have already got the usual quotes from various public figures all offering their condemnation and sympathies. Cameron, Corbyn, Archbishop of Canterbury...even Putin.

Read the lead story on muslimnews.co.UK

Iranian President cancels visit and calls them crimes against humanity.

Pakistan President also totally condemns them.

HOLA4425

Tube and bus bombings in London? Multiple foiled plots, Lee Rigby.

It's not all flowers and sunshine in our garden.

It never has been! How I got the piss taken out of me at school, for for being a bit Irish! I'm not to blame for Ulster pub bombings.

Archived