House Price Crash Forum

Are You Taking Precautions With Your Liquid Assets?

bovinedealer

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I've been thinking, in the TFH media in the next couple of months they think there could be a banking holiday, i.e. a freezing of your cash (like Cyprus), are you taking precautions and if so, what?

I've taken a few quid out just in case this time there is something in it. :unsure:

Fortunately I cashed out in 2005 and invested everything in MySpace and collectable Beanie Babies.

HOLA4410

Where did you pick up this rumour? And what would cause it?

I have not taken precaution other than not exceeding the guaranteed amounts per bank - don't really see the need to either. The banks are massively better capitalised than 2008,and any issues are likely to come from an unexpected angle (pension funds? Government bonds? Insurance companies?)

HOLA4411

Where did you pick up this rumour? And what would cause it?

I have not taken precaution other than not exceeding the guaranteed amounts per bank - don't really see the need to either. The banks are massively better capitalised than 2008,and any issues are likely to come from an unexpected angle (pension funds? Government bonds? Insurance companies?)

It's the usual suspects on youtube but this period now between Sept - Oct is notorious for periods of volatility.

I am not saying anything is definitely going to happen, just that sometimes out of a clear blue sky... And no one can deny we have clear blue skies currently can they?

Each to their own admittedly, but as I'm getting jack in the bank from interest, I am not going to miss anything, unless there's a house fire etc.

HOLA4412

Fortunately I cashed out in 2005 and invested everything in MySpace and collectable Beanie Babies.

Ah collectable beanies, I met soemone at a car boot sale some months back who had fallen for that, she was surprisingly insightful realising her mistake and laughing that she fell for the oldest trick in the book about 'collectables'.

HOLA4413

It's the usual suspects on youtube but this period now between Sept - Oct is notorious for periods of volatility.

I am not saying anything is definitely going to happen, just that sometimes out of a clear blue sky... And no one can deny we have clear blue skies currently can they?

Each to their own admittedly, but as I'm getting jack in the bank from interest, I am not going to miss anything, unless there's a house fire etc.

NSi or premium bonds is safer bet in my eyes if you are that worried

HOLA4414

NSi or premium bonds is safer bet in my eyes if you are that worried

A friend told me a story about his son in law once, he kept a load of cash in the oven and unknown to his wife she somehow used it and burnt the notes! Apparently if you take the remains to the bank they can do their thing and tell if the ashes were genuine cash or not. He got refunded and no, I've no idea how badly the notes were burnt.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Who was that chap who used to talk about chaining people in his basement so he had fresh meat?

In one of Richard Morgans books, someone stows away for the trip from Mars to earth on a ship which normally carries only people in some form of suspended animation, hence no on board food supplies. As a cople of months is a long time without your grub he has the ships automated medical facility chop bits off the the official passengers as his food supply.

HOLA4419

In one of Richard Morgans books, someone stows away for the trip from Mars to earth on a ship which normally carries only people in some form of suspended animation, hence no on board food supplies. As a cople of months is a long time without your grub he has the ships automated medical facility chop bits off the the official passengers as his food supply.

I meant someone on here with a Chinese name.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived