House Price Crash Forum

National "offer 3X Your Salary" Day, 1St Of October....

HOLA441

Spot on (my emphasis). Prices became "too daft" years ago for me, which took the dilemma out of whether to buy or not. If buying a property in the UK meant I could still realise other plans, I'd buy in the UK. However, buying property in the UK is like a "one shot" - it's everything. It's all your savings, plus debt on top. IMO, buying a modest property should not be like that - it's anti-aspiration/ambition (unless your ambition is simply to own a property!). Once you buy property and take out your mega-mortgage, you're essentially f**ked when it comes to your financial freedom - you're on a very narrow track and you could be derailed by one of many things. It also precludes doing so many other things. I have bought - and live in - property abroad. All paid for (coz it was cheap), money in the bank, no daft UK mortgage to worry about. It seems all the intangible things - liquidity, freedom, mobility - they count for zero to many people simply because they can't be measured.

Where have you bought?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Even today if you can afford the rate and deposit on a 95% mortgage and the monthly repayments are cheaper than renting why wouldn't you buy?

Because I dont want to be looking at a huge loss if IRs rise sometime over the next 10 years (or HPs fall significantly).

Because I cant face the prospect of handing 100's of K to someone who (unlike me) hasnt actually had to work for it.

Because I dont want to give the banks the opportunity to create new money and make a profit from it.

HOLA443
HOLA444
Even today if you can afford the rate and deposit on a 95% mortgage and the monthly repayments are cheaper than renting why wouldn't you buy?

What kind of lending rate are you going to get with a 95% mortgage? I can't see it being below 5%.

So let's take this example - a 3 bed semi in Northampton.

Typical rental price : £800 to £850

Typical property value: £175,000.

95% mortgage = £166,250 loan.

£166,250 loan at 5% lending rate over 25 years = £982.98 per month.

And that's £982.98 a month - every month - for 25 years in a very unstable economy. With interest rates at rock bottom.

Renting is definitely cheaper than a 95% mortgage, plus don't forget your money can be earning interest in other investments. I don't see HPs rising in the provinces since 2007 despite the MSM propaganda.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

HOLA445
HOLA446

HOLA447

I could have bought in late 2008, subject to mortgage approval, but I would have been a fool to do so, given the economic position at the time. Now, it is easy to chide myself for not, but hindsight bestows false wisdom. I made exactly the right choice not to. Even the card sharp loses sometimes, it's not the lost hands that count, but the frequency of them.

HOLA448

Why now when the prices are so insane? You had the best chance in 2009. Take time. Prices will correct very soon. It may not be as much as we all hope but 20-30% will take away years off the slavery. If not, all the best.

Please understand, I was 26 years old when I became interested in house prices a few years later I found this website - and "Prices will correct very soon" is something I hear in different guises all the time on here.

The thing is, they have a printing press now - this isn't 1992 ......1992 will never happen again. With an open door to 500m people (again, even as a UKIP supporter I don't see this changing) - means prices will at best grow slowly. But, here in the south east - where the money is, they're not going to go down.

As per my earlier post, I turned 40 in May.

HOLA449

Thanks for reporting those posts. We have no place for racists on HPC.

mods,this thread seems to have ruffled a few of the trolls feathers, can you get rid of some of the seriously off topic posts?

I'll be back pushing this agenda on twitters tomorrow, all help welcome.

could killer bunny bring it to the attention of anyone in the media he might have links with.

enough is enough.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Thanks for reporting those posts. We have no place for racists on HPC.

I like the attempted facebook put down

https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-offer-3-x-your-salary-day/1461568644170936

How long have you losers been waiting for a 50-60% crash? Face it, you Sold to Rent and made the wrong decision - accept it and move on. Ohh Count, you are an absolute dickhead. People that disagree with you aren't real estate agents..... they are realists! HPC losers make me laugh. 15 likes! Go on with your bad self.
Has this been created by the VI's on HPC? Perhaps it was their chief knob Bruce Banner? Latest rumour has it, he's not been able to keep up paying his rent and has been Sectioned.
Chuck/Tim, I know you are reading.
How scared must you be to attack a simple protest with leass than 5 10 18 20 retweets/likes
Where we are at:
6833145-acorn-wallpaper.jpg

Where we are hoping to get to:

Oak_tree,_near_Kersoe_-_geograph.org.uk_

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Obviously "Chuck" and "Tim" are posters on HPC but are too afraid to admit who they are. Real keyboard warriors.

Dont worry, I know who they are....here's a photo of them:

ddto656.jpg

I mean, really, do they need to enbarass themselves, only 19 people have liked the page and most of them will be from here.

What do they think is going to happen, 2 milloion people go to estate agents and offer what a house is actually worth instead of some insane price set by a ponzi scheme.....

HOLA4415

Please understand, I was 26 years old when I became interested in house prices a few years later I found this website - and "Prices will correct very soon" is something I hear in different guises all the time on here.

The thing is, they have a printing press now - this isn't 1992 ......1992 will never happen again. With an open door to 500m people (again, even as a UKIP supporter I don't see this changing) - means prices will at best grow slowly. But, here in the south east - where the money is, they're not going to go down.

As per my earlier post, I turned 40 in May.

Real estate runs on money, not population growth, and values are set at the margin. More HMOs aren't going to do values on the streets any favours either.

I'm older than you. The only thing that gets me down is the HPCers always reading to lobby for another round of Emotional Breakdown stimulus, blaming media entirely for 20 something web designers who've moved to London from Holland buying studio apartments at £500,000. 'The buyers had no way of knowing anything."

'The money' as you put it, has already set the high house prices. And this printing press won't stop wealth wanting to preserve the value of their financial savings vs bricks n mortar, imo. They're not going to print nation to ruin.

“Demand is intrinsically linked to affordability, and that’s linked to how much banks are prepared to lend and how much people are prepared to borrow.

Demand for housing is a very flexible thing. Saying something isn’t going to happen because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t really make any sense. That’s like saying because I haven’t died yet I won’t, but I guess I probably will. And a housing crash is much the same. Something not happening simply makes it more likely that it will, rather than it won’t, if the conditions are in place, and the conditions are in place.

Markets are driven at the margin. They’re driven by people who have to buy or people who have to sell. So when you get to the point when there are people who must sell, and that will come, then prices fall across the board because not many people have to be forced to sell at a low price to push values down.”

HOLA4416

Real estate runs on money, not population growth, and values are set at the margin. More HMOs aren't going to do values on the streets any favours either.

I'm older than you. The only thing that gets me down is the HPCers always reading to lobby for another round of Emotional Breakdown stimulus, blaming media entirely for 20 something web designers who've moved to London from Holland buying studio apartments at £500,000. 'The buyers had no way of knowing anything."

'The money' as you put it, has already set the high house prices. And this printing press won't stop wealth wanting to preserve the value of their financial savings vs bricks n mortar, imo. They're not going to print nation to ruin.

Hey Venger, your facebook post made me laugh.

Not productive though, but very funny.

I'[ve blocked them fella's now, only because of their offensive language, I'll give you another chance ( or two ) B)

HOLA4417

Hey Venger, your facebook post made me laugh.

Not productive though, but very funny.

I'[ve blocked them fella's now, only because of their offensive language, I'll give you another chance ( or two ) B)

sorry dude, I misread that, the crazy man on Facebook was calling you a ####.

what have you done to upset some random weirdo?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
  • 4 months later...
HOLA4420
HOLA4421