House Price Crash Forum

Sir Lenny Henry

Scunnered

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I think he might make a better actor than comedian.

I am not convinced that he is "not at all funny" which seem to be the meme here. :blink:. Actually saw him live twice. A Dudley act.

Let's see if Tony Blair gets one too? :blink:

corrected

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Very good stage actor these days (and they get honours even if nobody outside the theatre-going London crowd has heard of them) who has devoted a vast amount of his time to charity.

I doubt he would have received if it he was still doing his black Frank Spencer act.

HOLA449

Very good stage actor these days (and they get honours even if nobody outside the theatre-going London crowd has heard of them) who has devoted a vast amount of his time to charity.

I doubt he would have received if it he was still doing his black Frank Spencer act.

I never go to the West End to see plays. Mind you, if he comes to Clevedon (Gurt Clodney), I might go along.

• 5 months later...
HOLA4410

ITV apologises for Sir Lenny Henry gaffe

ITV has apologised for showing a news item about Sir Lenny Henry receiving a knighthood that briefly featured footage of TV cook Ainsley Harriott.

The gaffe was picked up by a number of viewers, among them Sanjeev Bhaskar, who suggested the broadcaster had "misunderstood diversity issues".

ITV News blamed the mistake on "an error in the production process".

_87036706_henryainsley1_pagetty.jpg

Oops.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I never go to the West End to see plays. Mind you, if he comes to Clevedon (Gurt Clodney), I might go along.

You get some cracking live broadcasts these days in your local cinema: west end shows, plays, ballets etc.

I'm not prepared to go to London and pay the tickets prices, hotels, train fair so this is an extremely good next best thing.

HOLA4415

You get some cracking live broadcasts these days in your local cinema: west end shows, plays, ballets etc.

I'm not prepared to go to London and pay the tickets prices, hotels, train fair so this is an extremely good next best thing.

I didn't know that. Clevedon has the Curzon cinema. It's the oldest continually running cinema ever ( I think).

HOLA4416

He deserves an award for the lamest comedian's catch-phrase ever with that truly annoying "Katanga my friend...!" drivel he used to spout back in the day.

Thinking of Lenny Henry does bring a smile to my face though - but only because it reminds me of a quip by Chubby Brown about him that I probably shouldn't repeat on here...

;)

XYY

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest TheBlueCat

He's a way better actor than comedian. I saw him in Fences a couple of years back and was hugely impressed - it's a technically complex play with many long monologues which he nailed in a very convincing American accent.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

He's a way better actor than comedian. I saw him in Fences a couple of years back and was hugely impressed - it's a technically complex play with many long monologues which he nailed in a very convincing American accent.

I agree with that. He seems to be a good actor!

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Archived