HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Really surprised by Lewis Collins Spartan cv. I hadn't realised he was in the comedy Cuckoo Waltz, but was very familiar with Who Dares Wins and The Professionals.....I just assumed he must have done loads of stuff, he didn't.

Disappointment at not getting James Bond seemed to send him into a downward spiral ending in panto. I do remember him doing Miss. ATV with Bruce Rioch (the Derby and Scotland football captain), it was either 1975 or 1976, and his first question to one of the contestants was give me a snog, it wasn't very pc.

I'm wearing a leather jacket now, perhaps he had some effect on my dress sense. Or lack of it.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Top man, great actor and could do it for real in the territorial SAS.

I think he would have made an excellent "James Bond" but he was too hard for the job!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

"The first series episode Klansmen was withdrawn in the UK, ostensibly due to its race-related subject matter. The episode has never been screened on terrestrial television in the UK,[2] although it did screen uncut on the cable television channel Super-channel in 1987, and has been screened on free-to-air television in other countries including South Africa, New Zealand, Australia and Philippines. London Weekend Television refuse to explain their view that while the episode remains unsuitable for British television viewers, they continue to license it to broadcasters in other countries."

Didn`t know that. For men of a certain age The Professionals is a great memory from a bygone era. RIP.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Indeed I think lads saw him as the cool one. But for some reason Martin Shaw, the crabby eyed one, got all the plaudits from the women.......even suggesting he was the hottest man on the planet.

No not Martin. Defo Lewis for me. Not now, obviously. :P

HOLA4425

Archived