House Price Crash Forum

Stop Using Food Banks Says Tory

HOLA441

Maybe he wants to brush it under the carpet and hope it goes away, not to be advertised, it gives the country and our social system a bad name, something not to broadcast to the masses when we are supposed to be getting back on track....most supermarkets I visit have a trolley for people to put something in if they choose, they can see it with their own eyes....there are many in our society who have depression, mental health and addiction problems....how great it would be if you could just teach people to manage their money and the problems would all be sorted. ;)

Food stamps? Or if this is seen to be open to fraud why not have a deal with the supermarkets (who are supplying food to these food banks anyway?) that credits a portion of the persons dole payment to the supermarket, who then deliver some food to them, if they can`t be in to accept it they can pick it up at the supermarket? Then we can all stop crying about this infantile dependent society we have created. Next they will be employing social workers to go round and spoon feed people that can`t be bothered to eat?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Food stamps? Or if this is seen to be open to fraud why not have a deal with the supermarkets (who are supplying food to these food banks anyway?) that credits a portion of the persons dole payment to the supermarket, who then deliver some food to them, if they can`t be in to accept it they can pick it up at the supermarket? Then we can all stop crying about this infantile dependent society we have created. Next they will be employing social workers to go round and spoon feed people that can`t be bothered to eat?

Ordinary people are donating.....others are giving what would have been wasted.......thousands of tons of good food every year is wasted by families, supermarkets and the food industry. ;)

HOLA444
HOLA445

Is it beyond the people you help to buy two or three weeks worth of tinned food for emergencies when their benefits might get screwed up?

I really don't know. I don't assess need or have time to go through each individual's circumstances to find if there is any way for them to better manage their money. I would think most people could do things in a more effective way, including me.

HOLA446

Tory MP Paul Fcuktard has come under fire after warning that banks could get into a "habit" of relying on emergency parcels of money from people.

Fcuktard, who works for minister of failed state Oliver Shylock, said banks should value "personal responsibility" and not see visiting free money from people as a normal activity.

“I do not believe that immediate free money relief should be the role of the government. We can’t make free money part of the welfare state," he said at a money poverty summit held by Manchester Evening News and the Manchester QE Festival.

“What I don’t want to do is normalise free money poverty. In Canada you have banks going to the discount window every week and it can become a habit. But there is more government can do.

Fcuktard, MP for Blackpool North and Cleveleys, added: “We work with speculators who push up prices by rejecting funny-shaped realities – I’d like to see them sold in a mark to market fashion.

"It’s not about subverting the markets, it’s about getting speculators to think more about what they do.”

HOLA447

I really don't know. I don't assess need or have time to go through each individual's circumstances to find if there is any way for them to better manage their money. I would think most people could do things in a more effective way, including me.

I liked your post #48

It is the loss of hope that is such a damning indictment of leadership.

Whatever position you are in, parent, teacher, director, chief executive, army major, or prime minister, it is your complete responsibility to ensure that those under you have hope, that tomorrow will always be a better day; that the efforts and lives of those under you, and for whom you are directly responsible, will not be wasted. You do this at all levels by 'leadership'.

And then, everyone works for tomorrow to be a better day.

Edited by LiveinHope

HOLA448

Tory MP Paul Fcuktard has come under fire after warning that banks could get into a "habit" of relying on emergency parcels of money from people.

Fcuktard, who works for minister of failed state Oliver Shylock, said banks should value "personal responsibility" and not see visiting free money from people as a normal activity.

“I do not believe that immediate free money relief should be the role of the government. We can’t make free money part of the welfare state," he said at a money poverty summit held by Manchester Evening News and the Manchester QE Festival.

“What I don’t want to do is normalise free money poverty. In Canada you have banks going to the discount window every week and it can become a habit. But there is more government can do.

Fcuktard, MP for Blackpool North and Cleveleys, added: “We work with speculators who push up prices by rejecting funny-shaped realities – I’d like to see them sold in a mark to market fashion.

"It’s not about subverting the markets, it’s about getting speculators to think more about what they do.”

It's almost too close to the truth to be funny.

I wonder how much of their 3K a week EU subsidy to grow food IDS's kin put in the food bank pot?

HOLA449

I liked your post #48

Whatever position you are in, parent, teacher, director, chief executive, army major, or prime minister, it is your complete responsibility to ensure that those under you have hope, that tomorrow will always be a better day; that the efforts and lives of those under you, and for whom you are directly responsible, will not be wasted. You do this at all levels by 'leadership'.

I don`t like the idea of being "under" David Cameron, but if people are relying on him for "hope" then we are in a very bad position :lol: There will always be those that need special help, but the majority of able bodied sheeple should be made to do some kind of community work before they get anything from a food bank IMO, even if it is just picking up litter around the food bank.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Seem to recall a Tory some time ago complaining about the homeless "bums" cluttering up the streets when leaving the theatre in the evening.

Caused such an uproar at the time that the Pet Shop Boys were moved to write a song about it

There's another world here

Below shop windows

Upon the pavement

Where you wave goodbye

Boys and girls

Come to roost

From Northern parts

And Scottish towns

Will we catch your eye?

While you pretend not to notice

All the years we've been here

We're the bums you step over

As you leave the Theatre

It's another world here

Somebody is singing

I was only wishing

For a bit of cash

From a patron of the arts

Or at least the phantom of the opera

Will I catch your eye?

While you pretend not to notice

All the years we've been here

We're the bums you step over

As you leave the Theatre

They never learn, that lot.

Edited by aSecureTenant

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Perhaps a few can, but so many are living hand to mouth, that they can't even spare a few odd quid to buy extra tins to put to one side...

Why don`t they go and buy the tins THE MOMENT they cash their giro, not fags, not booze, not telly papers, not lotto tickets or drugs, FOOD. IMO if they can`t manage that they should be handed a weeks worth of basic food and given the rest of their money as change.

HOLA4414

Seem to recall a Tory some time ago complaining about the homeless "bums" cluttering up the streets when leaving the theatre in the evening.

Caused such an uproar at the time that the Pet Shop Boys were moved to write a song about it

They never learn, that lot.

Bloke from the Pet Shop Boys looks like he wouldn`t piss on a homeless person :lol:

HOLA4415

We are seeing a transition from a society that has been infantilised and made dependent by Nu-Labour to one that is grown up and self-sufficient.

Following 13 years of Nu-Labours client-state social-engineering programme, I fear that we've sailed over event horizon,

More rioting is inevitable.

Building-on-fire-during-T-007.jpg

Edited by Reck B

HOLA4416

Why don`t they go and buy the tins THE MOMENT they cash their giro, not fags, not booze, not telly papers, not lotto tickets or drugs, FOOD. IMO if they can`t manage that they should be handed a weeks worth of basic food and given the rest of their money as change.

You really are ignorant, cash their giro? Sorry what century are you living in?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Why should I be clued up on how welfare payments are made?

Why are you so resentful about what others have or haven't got......there are as many poor chancers as rich chancers.....what about the people that are overpaid for the work they do, those that cheat their taxes or fiddle their expenses, those that buy or sell themselves for privileges and power.....be careful for what you wish for, because misfortune can happen to anyone, sometimes a few undeserving are helped so that the deserving can be helped, that is a price worth paying for. ;)

HOLA4419

I think he should mind his own business.

Food bank access is only given on referral from a social worker or health care professional on identifying a need. 3 days food is supplied.

These are charitable donations, operated by volunteers not taxpayer funded giveaways. What does it have to do with anyone else but the charity, the donors and the recipients.

Indeed.

A proper right winger worthy of the name would appreciate what is in essence private, voluntary welfare.

HOLA4420

I liked your post #48

Good name - LiveinHope :)

Couldn't agree more with your post. Social responsibility is incredibly important.

Nobody gets a weeks worth of groceries on my run. They literally get bits and pieces that have been donated by other church members and community.

I'm not advocating that people should take out or miss due payments on pay day loans or credit cards etc but one missed DD snowballs into bank charges that eat up benefits very quickly. Very few get a giro - special circumstances only and due to be stopped completely.

My point was that none of the people I see have much, or any hope for the future. If a situation is a temporary blip - that's doable. Light at the end of the tunnel etc. I agree that It is not up to Cameron to provide hope for people but it is up to him and the government to provide the circumstances where progress can be made - where there is a chance of work, of self sufficiency and financial stability. That is what the vast majority of people actually want. Instead Cameron has turned on the poorest.

HOLA4421

Why are you so resentful about what others have or haven't got......there are as many poor chancers as rich chancers.....what about the people that are overpaid for the work they do, those that cheat their taxes or fiddle their expenses, those that buy or sell themselves for privileges and power.....be careful for what you wish for, because misfortune can happen to anyone, sometimes a few undeserving are helped so that the deserving can be helped, that is a price worth paying for. ;)

Because I pay rent and council tax while people fitter and younger than me don`t because they claim they "can`t work just now" or they "are stressed" or "depressed" or some other shite, if the rich are chancers it is because thick sheeple let them be. How is that my problem?

HOLA4422

Because I pay rent and council tax while people fitter and younger than me don`t because they claim they "can`t work just now" or they "are stressed" or "depressed" or some other shite, if the rich are chancers it is because thick sheeple let them be. How is that my problem?

The funny thing is that when 'proper jobs' are advertised, and by that I mean those that pay a decent wage, guaranteed hours etc (not turn up when we need you) then they are snowed under with applicants, many of whom are probably over qualified.

Yes there are those that have a CBA attitude, and always have been, but they aren't the majority by any means.

Edited by aSecureTenant

HOLA4423

What would you have them do?

Work wise I mean?

Who would pay the wages? Private company or state?

If it's private, then how or where is that work suddenly going to come from being as the only sector increasing is the service sector? (Let's face it - the proles aren't going to get jobs in the city are they?)

If it's state, what do you think we should renationalise/start producing to give these people work?

I'm not trying to be an **** BTW (although I'm aware I'm coming across as one a bit). Just genuinely confused when people say "the millions of feckless gits should go out and get jobs cos they get things for free that I don't". Great advice. But where?

Edited by byron78

HOLA4424

The funny thing is that when 'proper jobs' are advertised, and by that I mean those that pay a decent wage, guaranteed hours etc (not turn up when we need you) then they are snowed under with applicants, many of whom are probably over qualified.

Yes there are those that have a CBA attitude, and always have been, but they aren't the majority by any means.

In Glasgow and Edinburgh there are a TON of people who have never worked in their life, and have no intention of doing so, unless they are forced.

HOLA4425

What would you have them do?

Work wise I mean?

Who would pay the wages? Private company or state?

If it's private, then how or where is that work suddenly going to come from being as the only sector increasing is the service sector? (Let's face it - the proles aren't going to get jobs in the city are they?)

If it's state, what do you think we should renationalise/start producing to give these people work?

I'm not trying to be an **** BTW (although I'm aware I'm coming across as one a bit). Just genuinely confused when people say "the millions of feckless gits should go out and get jobs cos they get things for free that I don't". Great advice. But where?

Well the first point is that if I am working, and they are not, they shouldn`t be "getting things free that I don`t". This alone is why Cameron knows he has a vote winning policy IMO.

What should they do, well the list is endless, they should do work that benefits the society that pays their wages (If we can have a bedroom "tax" we might as well call benefits wages?)

Cleaning streets/ buildings/ parks, helping older folk, doing a bit of driving for a day centre, helping out at a school etc etc, not a full week, 15 hours maybe, and they should be offered training to get their first job, or to get a new job. Obviously Cameron has to tackle immigration, but trying to tackle the dependency/entitlement culture is a necessary first step. People need to get the idea that as soon as they sign up for welfare they will be expected to do something in return, if they have worked for decades and lose a job, fair enough you have paid in so take some back, but within a couple of years there has to be positive pressure to re-train and move on. If all the millions on benefits want work they should all vote UKIP and stop this open door with Europe nonsense IMO