House Price Crash Forum

Nook Problem

SarahBell

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

An e-reader that needs charging every day should go back to the shop/manufacturer IMO.

Not if it's a LCD based reader, only e-ink readers last weeks on a charge.

Sadly most people don't know the difference and opt for the flashy colour LCD screen version... <_<

HOLA445
HOLA446

It was the cheapy one mentioned in other threads.

you maybe should have considered the Nook-E....useful for a quick session and then you leave it for 3 weeks expecting it to just start up on demand.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Yup - the nook is quite useful for lots of old bee books and publications though. Less effort than printing. :)

....so many printed books that have already been printed that have not yet been read.......take more than a lifetime as it is.....so nook not needed for quite a while yet. ;)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

....so many printed books that have already been printed that have not yet been read.......take more than a lifetime as it is.....so nook not needed for quite a while yet. ;)

They've all been printed. Just 100+ years ago. Fascinating stuff.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I've not needed to charge mine that frequently, but I did disable the wireless connection. It was apparent pretty quickly that the claimed battery life was a greater work of fiction than most of the ebooks I'll be reading on it.

My Kindle's the same.

As is the cheapo Nook I bought to eventually replace it.

The wifi definitely needs leaving off by default.

HOLA4415

I've only had to charge mine once since purchase but I do switch it off completely when I'm not using rather than just putting to sleep. I'd take it up with the retailer.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Archived