House Price Crash Forum

Gold To Hit $2400 An Ounce

getknk

HOLA441

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49072875

In one of the most bullish gold calls since the Federal Reserve announced a new round of easing last week, one strategist sees a 36 percent jump in the metal's price , to $2,400 an ounce, by the end of 2014.

“The new target reflects our view that the Fed will maintain mortgage purchases until the end of 2014 and will move to buy Treasuries following the end of Operation Twist this coming December,” wrote Francisco Blanch, a global investment strategist with Bank of America Merrill Lynch, in a note to clients Tuesday.

“Given the new open-ended nature of QE3, the upward pressure on gold prices should continue until employment is strong enough to require a change in policy," Blanch added. "In our view, this is unlikely to happen until the end of 2014.”

May be its only in USD $ terms?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

OK so you bought some gold last week and it hasn't shot up as much as you had hoped after QE3 was announced.

But try not to worry too much about it. Posting a gold ramping thread in the wrong place like this just makes you look really desperate.

ha ha.. i don't have gold btw and I don't want to have it too...

but i can understand your frustration of not having gold

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I had a dream last night it will be closing in on $5000 by next may.

Probably more accurate than CNBS.

I had a bit of a scary dream once.

Some kind of army helicopters / ships were flying over the town, and landed. They invaded everyone's homes and were searching for bullion i think. They had some

Kind of metal detectors .

I watched until they went & took my stash out of hiding and hid it on my person, just before they rounded everone up to be taken onto the ship / copters.

Chilling dream

Edited by Crashman Begins

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Not sure which way gold is headed

But I know paper is going to Zero

Does anyone have a graph to show the gold price net of growth in the money supply?

What I mean is, if the supply of paper doubles, you'd expect gold to double too. That isn't really a speculative rise in gold, it's a paper print. Only if you smooth out the paper printing can you see what, if anything, gold is doing.

eg gold against constant (say 1970) dollars.

HOLA4412

But I know paper is going to Zero

+1

All of the IOU's will be called in as things get tighter. When the UK's gold was sold to cover the empty vaults, they had to reduce the price to enable the gamblers to buy themselves out of the sh!t.

There have been obvious scrambles over the last 18-24 months to get hold of the physical stuff, even resorting to an explosion in high street pawn brokers, and Cash For Gold TV Ads (broken jewellery or not). Bought for a quick turn around? Smelted and sold or stored?

HOLA4413

Why don't they Tax Gold ? Because it's Money! Real Money!

HOLA4414

Why don't they Tax Gold ? Because it's Money! Real Money!

So are antiques, which when valued for probate realise nothing. Sell it at auction 50 years later and hey presto, a sudden windfall avoiding inheritance tax. How can you tax the appreciation of an asset if it is only worth what somebody will pay you for it today?