House Price Crash Forum

Snip Snip, No More Kids...

southmartin

HOLA441

OK, am considering getting my knackers immobilised... anyone here had it done?

Apparently there are two different methods: One involving a scalpel, another that is scalpel-free... for somewhat obvious reasons i'm leaning toward the latter method!

Thinking of going private - but depends on costs too I guess... All comments welcome!

(PS - i'm not the swinger from the anonymous thread about it either!)

HOLA442
HOLA443

It's a doddle, just a few embarrassing moments for me. One being the nurses staring intently at my genitalia. Also afterwards I was parked up in a wheelchair for a while then given the all clear to leave. By the time I stood up and put my pants on I had started to bleed. a real gusher; I wanted out of the hospital so didn't mention it and I walked. By the time we got to the car park the blood stain on my pants was the size of a dinner plate but it stopped itself eventually. Of course the better half found this hysterically funny - 'now you know how we feel.. blah blah'

Re; Pain. very uncomfortable when the needle goes in but it just lasts a few seconds.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Yep had it done last year went private for the 'no scalpel' option. Pretty easy, called up and was in 3 days later i was in and out in less than half an hour (the actual procedure took no more then 10 minutes)

On inspection it looked like they only made one tiny hole & there is a smell of burning as they presumably seal all the pipework up :blink:

I am pretty squeamish so i just chatted to the nurse and the surgeon (both ladies) and tried not to think about it.

Was nowhere near as painful afterwards as i was expecting, no swelling or bruising, nothing (can't vouch for the traditional scalpel operation my dad said his swelled up like satsumas :o ) I just had a bit of a dull ache from time to time for a week or two and that was it

As long as you park your dignity at the door & remember you're not likely to see them again anyway.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I think if I were a true hardcode HPCer I'd opt for the 2 bricks 'cheap' option... but you know something will go wrong and i'll end up in the daily mail with 1000 comments saying "well what did you expect?"

So far the non-scalpel reply is encouraging the most

PS have 2 already (kids that is) ... haven't ruled out donating to my own personal cryogenic test tube, just in case - like someone else said - i hit the euromillions and feel crazy enough to do it all again (though would emply an army of nannies of course)

How much did you pay for the non-scalpel method (please don't mention anymore about the smell of burning ok??)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I think if I were a true hardcode HPCer I'd opt for the 2 bricks 'cheap' option... but you know something will go wrong and i'll end up in the daily mail with 1000 comments saying "well what did you expect?"

So far the non-scalpel reply is encouraging the most

PS have 2 already (kids that is) ... haven't ruled out donating to my own personal cryogenic test tube, just in case - like someone else said - i hit the euromillions and feel crazy enough to do it all again (though would emply an army of nannies of course)

How much did you pay for the non-scalpel method (please don't mention anymore about the smell of burning ok??)

£390.00 you can ask your GP to refer you to Marie Stopes and if so you will get if for free (although it will be at their convenience

and you will be on an NHS day, so may be a bit more of a conveyor belt. I paid and went on a saturday, not a soul in the waiting room

or in the 'tea & biscuits' suite

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I was considering it a few years back but then someone in the office had it done and had a terrible time afterwards; lots of pain and swelling - I think he had to go back under the knife. After that, I've gone off the idea somewhat.

Which is a pity as I'm very, very keen on not adding to the collection of offspring. I'm on the home straight now and the idea of a new addition to the family fills me with cold horror.

HOLA4417

Not sure if you have had any kids.. i have 3 and I am veeeery keen to leave it at that,

Yeah i get that (and no i definitely don't have kids) But there are plenty of other less painful and permanent forms of birth control.

You just don't know what's down the road. What if your wife leaves you and you find yourself shacked up with a super-hot 30 year old keen on kiddies...

What if angelina jolie (back when she was hot) grabs you in a bar in desperate need for impregnation. But then spots your scar and kicks you out of bed?

HOLA4418

Yeah i get that (and no i definitely don't have kids) But there are plenty of other less painful and permanent forms of birth control.

You just don't know what's down the road. What if your wife leaves you and you find yourself shacked up with a super-hot 30 year old keen on kiddies...

What if angelina jolie (back when she was hot) grabs you in a bar in desperate need for impregnation. But then spots your scar and kicks you out of bed?

The odds of either of these things happening for most HPC posters are similar to the odds of me winning the Euromillions.

HOLA4419

Has mine done by Marie stopes, which felt like a proper conveyor belt.

Most painful part was the chap cleaning my testicles before he started the procedure. Felt like I had been flicked. Might be worth having words with him/her at beginning.

Most disappointing moment was realising he would have to repeat the procedure on the other side as well.

Allowed myself two days bedrest & took things easy for a good week or so. No way I could have carried on as normal before then.

Supportive pants were essential. Went for a short walk in boxers & came back cupping myself.

For a couple of months afterwards, I would randomly suffer an ache that resembled the pain felt when recovering from a kick to the nuts.

Saying that, I have no regrets having it done.

HOLA4420

And another thing.

I enquired about the scalpel free method. My main thrust was how do they get in there without cutting me open. I'm sorry to inform you but there's no Star Trek like sensor they can run up & down the outside of your trousers. Whatever name they give it, the inside of your sack will see daylight in order to complete the procedure.

HOLA4421

And another thing.

I enquired about the scalpel free method. My main thrust was how do they get in there without cutting me open. I'm sorry to inform you but there's no Star Trek like sensor they can run up & down the outside of your trousers. Whatever name they give it, the inside of your sack will see daylight in order to complete the procedure.

Daylight is seen

if you fancy seeing how is is done?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived