House Price Crash Forum

Private Rents Dropping To Social Rent Levels In Yorkshire

HOLA441

Local estate agent this afternoon. With the recent rises announced for social housing, very little difference between private

and social one bed accomodation. The one bed allowance in Kirklees is £78.46 per week.

Mods perhaps leave on the main forum for a while, before moving to West Yorkshire sub forum. thanks.

OzuOq.jpg

AeIIX.jpg

rpkZ6.jpg

Still I'm sure all these landlords are in in it for the capital appreciation smile.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Interesting.

I also saw this article today about London rents. Maybe the recent decrease in rent there is something to do with HB payments rather than loss of jobs?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-13/london-january-home-rents-fall-from-september-high-as-city-jobs-disappear.html

London January Home Rents Fall From September High as City Jobs Disappear

Home rents in central London fell in January from the month before because of job losses and cutbacks in London’s financial services industry, Knight Frank LLP said.

Residential rents declined 0.2 percent in January from December and 0.6 percent from an all-time peak in September, according to an index compiled by the real estate broker. January rents were 7 percent higher than a year earlier, Knight Frank said. .......

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Falling rents, great news.

Why is there a need for social renting if the private sector can provide at the same price?

Secure tenancies?

No S21 eviction notices every six months?

Regular maintenance?

Actually getting repairs done, by picking up a phone, and not having to fight for them?

Reluctant landlord/amateur bodgits only in it for the money?

The list is endless.

HOLA4412
Local estate agent this afternoon. With the recent rises announced for social housing, very little difference between private

and social one bed accomodation. The one bed allowance in Kirklees is £78.46 per week.

Not bad, I might be prepared to live in Kirklees if you paid £295 a month. Wait... wut?
£295 a month to live in a (part-furnished) paddock! Blimey...
A paddock is a small field near the stables.
Paddock is an area of Huddersfield.
Well that explain it.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I did the calculations for property value based upon yields and mortgage rates for B2L on 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8+ bed housing in my own locality and nearby towns/cities.

3 bed HMOs yield most, what was the ideal family home! The cuts to means tested benefits (for those in/out of work) coming through are going to affect the traditional 1.7 kid family the most!

Double whammy.

A neighbour recently moved out from a 1bed HA flat in tarn centre, to a 2bed terrace. It is cheaper, but now he is a 6month AST tenant, he gave up rights for a few pounds!

I was worried about his leaving, he was a good neighbour, but new bird that has moved in is alirght, and he still comes up to visit.

With the social rents affecting the average, and their forced increase above RPI, we'll get a short drop in prices before they begin to gradually rise again. The cost of housing is engineered! (And not for the best of society as a whole).

And leicestersq will be along to tell us shortly it all should be sold off to highest bidder, and all subsidies removed. And whilst he is right in one sense, he is wrong in another.

The combination of price, cost and need eh.

If you think about it, we could all be housed according to need in basic accommodation as the cost of building housing is quite cheap. And we could have premium housing for those whom work harder than others.

But what of the state and idle whom derive unearned income from current allocation of housing and land, it is they whom hold power, and I doubt that they will give it up freely.